Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello i'm post op 25 i've moved on to phase 2. so ready for phase 3 and 4 but anyway i'm wondering when i can have scrabbled eges and just a fried on?

You can have scrambled, poached eggs after 3 weeks. Fried - never. This is on my avoid permanently list. You need to make lifestyle choices with this op.

Well you could probably fry one in a skillet with a tiny spray of Pam, but it's a much better idea to go with poached scrambled or hard boiled.

Sorry me just stereotyping. I assumed U.S and fried meant in a litre of fat. I make omelettes every morning with spray oil or 1 tsp butter. That could be another alternative?

Sorry me just stereotyping. I assumed U.S and fried meant in a litre of fat. I make omelettes every morning with spray oil or 1 tsp butter. That could be another alternative?

So are we to assume that you reached your pre-surgery weight eating lean Protein and vegetables? I figured this had to be the case since only Americans' can have poor eating habits.

Abridgie- maybe you could try it using New Balance buttery spread or a cooking spray?

Get your scramble on girl! I would say go for it - you likely won't be able to have more than 1 or 2 (1 was more than enough for me for the first few weeks after post op). I wouldn't go near a fried egg though, unless you can fry it in a healthy way.

So are we to assume that you reached your pre-surgery weight eating lean Protein and vegetables? I figured this had to be the case since only Americans' can have poor eating habits.

Awww ...so patriotic ... love it. I was actually a full time athlete and ended up with a major injury which I assume was the main contributor.

A fried egg versus a poached egg... fried egg only has 20 additional calories. eggs don't really absorb oil unless it's from an omelet or scrambled eggs. If you absolutely adore a fried egg there is no reason not to have one occasionally, but only when your tummy is ready for it. People see a lot of grease in a pan to fry an egg and get all freaked out.. The VAST majority of the grease stays in the pan... and if you transfer your egg to a paper towel after cooking you lose even more of the fat. Personally having a fried egg isn't even worth the 20 calories... but to someone who loves them it may be.

Hard boiled!!!

Lol, they're easy to grab and go!

I forget that "fry" is different for everyone. My definition is a little spray or low calorie fake butter. I did try scrambled today with a piece of 100% whole wheat toast and although my post op papers said i could do toast today i really could have passed that up! eggs went in good toast not so good.

I eat scrambled or fried over easy everyday in a small amount of ICBINB. (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter). Sometimes I poach but too much trouble. No problems here with me losing. I am just over one year out.

i've never poached an egg so of course i you tubed it and yuck i hate runny yolk so i'll pass that up but i use icbinb and a non stick pan so i'll tab that in the pan tomorrow and cook (my way of frying) it solid.

I spray a little Pam in a non stick pan, break open the egg and scramble/fry it in the pan. I don't like any soft or runny white so I make sure that part is well done. Very easy to do and goes down easily for me.

You can have scrambled' date=' poached eggs after 3 weeks. Fried - never. This is on my avoid permanently list. You need to make lifestyle choices with this op.[/quote']

I am allowed eggs prepared anyway... I have fried eggs, eggs over easy, omelettes and scrambled - all made with cooking spray... One more example of hour doctors orders vary...

I am just past 2 weeks and not allowed eggs yet, but I have a great non stick pan that I use a tiny spray of Pam, put egg in, when almost set I add a little Water and cover. I like the texture of a basted egg, similar to poached but easier.