Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Juarez Mexico, Star Medica Hospital Dr.Jose Rodriguez

I am having sleeve surgery January 29th in Juarez, Mexico, at the Star Medica Hospital. I didn't see this hospital listed in the list of hospitals to have surgery at. Has anyone had their surgery there? Did you have any complications? Either logistical, or medical? Was it safe?

I was going there to but not no more. I have chosen to go with Ready4Achange there doing it in Tijuana Facilities with

Dr. Fernando Garcia the price is only 4700,00 I done my homework with this company I talked to the owner not some idiot she had made me comfy with my choice by the way my wife is getting it at same time and my wls surgeon in az that works at banner said to use him he is a good doctor

Hi Karen!

I had my revision surgery (lapband to sleeve) at Star Medica with Dr. Rodriguez in april 2012.

I was a little apprehensive about going to Juarez due the the violence going on in Mexico. We agreed that we would stay in the hospital and not venture out. The hospital has a small cafeteria so my friend didn't need to leave at all.

I felt very safe with our driver (Sergio) and in the hospital. Sergio picked us up at the El Paso airport. We arrived on Thursday and was scheduled to stay until Sunday. We ended up leaving a day early on Saturday. I was feeling really good and all the post op tested were fine. The border crossing on the way home was much longer especially on the weekend.

Star Medica Hospital was great. Clean and Modern. The staff was great. Every doctor that I had contact with spoke english. The nurses spoke english to varying degrees. There were a few nurses that did not speak english. However, I didn't have a lot of difficulty understanding them or being understood.

I haven't had any complications. I bounced back from the surgery really well.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to message me.

Gilly

I had my surge in Acuna by Dr. Luis Alberto Cruz Gandara at Ejeza Hospital. He went by Dr. Cruz. Its right across the border from Del Rio, Texas. Very nice Dr. my cousins. had his surgery 3 mo.the before I did there also. No complications. Everything we.t good.