Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pathetic

Sorry, but I get the vibe of if you're not friend with the cool people on here, then you don't get too much support. I have posted questions or about getting my surgery figured out. Few posted words of encouragement. Thought this was VST, not high school cafeteria. You try to help others and then you post your good news, and blah. Nada. I am thankful for those who congratulated me. But really, why help these people when nothing really in return?

Some of the people come across as "I'm skinny, you're still fat. So I know more, but I won't help because then you might succeed too." It's not everyone. But kind of hurtful when you try to help others, and nothing in return. I have found I am the thread killer. I post, and that's the last post.

Like I said when I was attacked by a certain member because I didn't agree with them when they said I was wrong about insurance. This forum is not near the support group it was. Maybe I'll post after the new year, but not expecting much in the way of responses.

Hey Heyher,

What questions did you have? Are you pre- or post- op? I'm pre-op and worried, excited, and afraid I'll back out at last minute.

Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Questions about reflux, insurance approval, things like that. Then I posted that even if insurance denies me, my employer allows 401k medical hardship withdraws so I can get surgery. And that it will be in jan or feb next year.

I don't think I'll back out. I have been contemplating WLS surgery for several years. Now that I made my mind up, no turning back.

:-)

Why do you think you'll back out? Is it the surgery itself or life post op that makes you nervous?

Why do I think I'll back out? Fear. Money. Change.

I'm booked for Jan. 4 in Mexico, so I plan to take a deep breath and do it.

I like your determination. "Just never give up". Good plan. Very good plan.

Are you staying local or traveling? Got a date set yet?

You put a bunch of addicts together detoxing and there is bond to be some hissing and growling. I find those who have had more serious complications or harder travels down this road for whatever reasons are most passionate about their belief of what is the right way. Sometimes it may not come off this way but I believe they are just trying to save everyone from suffering what they have. The delivery just fails to display the motive.

I am one with a serious complication. I wish I could make it a rule everyone must get an MRI to show the doctor any scar tissue. I reported I had a C Section but no imaging was done. I almost died. I feel a lot of guilt because a surgery I chose almost took me from my family. If some one posted concerning scar tissue I could see myself with a strong response because I feel the need to save them. I would be frantic about it not really concerned with politeness just being sure they knew they must make the doctor do imaging!

Many of those who jump on someone for eatting wrong fear the poster will cause a leak by putting their sleeve under to much stress. I am only 3.5 weeks post op and I live in such fear of a leak!! Have you read the horror stories of those who lived through a leak? I can understand a passion from them not wanting anyone else to walk through that hell.

That being said we all need to try and raise above hormone, hunger, regret, and fear to be civil and supportive to each other. Wishing all sides a Merry Christmas and a skinny New Year. I hope all of us find skinny = happiness in our lives.

Fear of change is normal. Fear of the unknown is getting to me too. But my fight or flight has kicked in, and I am fighting. LoL!!

Who did you book in Mexico? I'm staying local. That's what's in my comfort level. I know I'll be paying more, but if something happens with my MS, then I'm close to home. I have much respect to those who go to Mexico. Traveling that far from home has to be scary!!