Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rush Limbaugh has crossed the line

When Michael J. Fox spoke for Arlin Specter ® limbaugh didn't accuse Fox of being a shill for Specter.

It is terrible to have a disease and to be mocked and accused of being a lier, a charalitan or worse.

WOW! Looks like there are a lot of wily weasels out there.
One of the few Republicans now in congress who was in the military was John McCain. He is a great man (sometimes) according to his Republican brethren, but when BuSh was running against him in the 2000 presidential primaries, the same people who funded the attacks on John Kerry's Vietnam war record, also fund attacks that said that McCain had collaborated with the Viet Cong while a prisoner in North Vietnam.

Rush has a huge following.

All on the Rupert Murduch Payroll and all helping to control US politics.

They are also the people who are in favor of continuing the Iraq war and were the people who were in favor of the invasion of Iraq. They worry about the death of embryos, but condone the death of US troops and Iraqi civilians brought about by this tragic war.

Might be better in another thread, but here are some interesting facts:

Rupert Murdoch was not a US citizen until his 50's and did not serve in the US Military. Neither did the four named celebrities.

Here is an interest list of people who did or did not serve in the military, yet have so much influence over the US war effort in Iraq:

Democrats:

* Richard Gephardt: Air National Guard, 1965-71.

* David Bonior: Staff Sgt., Air Force 1968-72.

* Tom Daschle: 1st Lt., Air Force SAC 1969-72.

* Al Gore: enlisted Aug. 1969; sent to Vietnam Jan. 1971 as an army journalist in 20th Engineer Brigade.

* Bob Kerrey: Lt. j.g. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam.

* Daniel Inouye: Army 1943-47; Medal of Honor, WWII.

* John Kerry: Lt., Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V, Purple Hearts.

* Charles Rangel: Staff Sgt., Army 1948-52; Bronze Star, Korea.

* Max Cleland: Captain, Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam.

* Ted Kennedy: Army, 1951-53.

* Tom Harkin: Lt., Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74.

* Jack Reed: Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91.

* Fritz Hollings: Army officer in WWII; Bronze Star and seven campaign ribbons.

* Leonard Boswell: Lt. Col., Army 1956-76; Vietnam, DFCs, Bronze Stars, and Soldier's Medal.

* Pete Peterson: Air Force Captain, POW. Purple Heart, Silver Star and Legion of Merit.

* Mike Thompson: Staff sergeant, 173rd Airborne, Purple Heart.

* Gray Davis: Army Captain in Vietnam, Bronze Star.

* Pete Stark: Air Force 1955-57

* Chuck Robb: Vietnam

* Howell Heflin: Silver Star

* George McGovern: Silver Star & DFC during WWII.

* Bill Clinton: Did not serve. Student deferments. Entered draft but received #311.

* Jimmy Carter: Seven years in the Navy.

* Walter Mondale: Army 1951-1953

* John Glenn: WWII and Korea; six DFCs and Air Medal with 18 Clusters.

* Tom Lantos: Served in Hungarian underground in WWII. Saved by Raoul Wallenberg.

Republicans -- and these are the guys sending people to war:

* Dick Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.

* Dennis Hastert: did not serve.

* Tom Delay: did not serve.

* Roy Blunt: did not serve.

* Bill Frist: did not serve.

* Mitch McConnell: did not serve.

* Rick Santorum: did not serve.

* Trent Lott: did not serve.

* John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.

* Jeb Bush: did not serve.

* Karl Rove: did not serve.

* Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee." The man who attacked Max Cleland's patriotism.

* Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.

* Vin Weber: did not serve.

* Richard Perle: did not serve.

* Douglas Feith: did not serve.

* Eliot Abrams: did not serve.

* Richard Shelby: did not serve.

* Jon! Kyl: did not serve.

* Tim Hutchison: did not serve.

* Christopher Cox: did not serve.

* Newt Gingrich: did not serve.

* Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as flight instructor.

* George W. Bush: failed to complete his six-year National Guard; got assigned to Alabama so he could campaign for family friend running for U.S. Senate; failed to show up for required medical exam, disappeared from duty.

* Ronald Reagan: due to poor eyesight, served in a non-combat role making movies.

* B-1 Bob Dornan: Consciously enlisted after fighting was over in Korea.

* Phil Gramm: did not serve.

* John McCain: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross.

* Dana Rohrabacher: did not serve.

* John M. McHugh: did not serve.

* JC Watts: did not serve.

* Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem," although continued in NFL for 8 years.

* Dan Quayle: Journalism unit of the Indiana National Guard.

* Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.

* George Pataki: did not serve.

* Spencer Abraham: did not serve.

* John Engler: did not serve.

* Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer.

* Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base.

Pundits, Judges & Preachers

* Sean Hannity: did not serve.

* Rush Limbaugh: did not serve (4-F with a 'pilonidal cyst.')

* Bill O'Reilly: did not serve.

* Michael Savage: did not serve.

* George Will: did not serve.

* Chris Matthews: did not serve.

* Paul Gigot: did not serve.

* Bill Bennett: did not serve.

* Pat Buchanan: did not serve.

* John Wayne: did not serve.

* Bill Kristol: did not serve.

* Kenneth Starr: did not serve.

* Antonin Scalia: did not serve.

* Clarence Thomas: did not serve.

* Ralph Reed: did not serve.

* Michael Medved: did not serve.

* Charlie Daniels: did not serve.

* Ted Nugent: did not serve. (He only shoots at things that don't shoot back.)

You go OLD MAN! :clap2:

I surely hope this list doesn't surprise anyone! What REALLY irritates me is that all the economic/social strife we have here in our own country, but there's TRILLIONS AND BILLIONS of $ to send overseas. SPARE ME! ;)

I had no idea the list was so extensive...

I hate people who talk about sending others (read: me - Iraq 2003-2004) to war but haven't got the nuts to serve themselves ever in any capacity...as long as its politics by other means by others' kids then it must be okay...

Sue

SSG US ARMY 1996-2005

seved in Bosnia, Kuwait, Iraq, Egypt...

toured every crappy place in the world courtesy of Uncle Sugar

I had no idea the list was so extensive...

I hate people who talk about sending others (read: me - Iraq 2003-2004) to war but haven't got the nuts to serve themselves ever in any capacity...as long as its politics by other means by others' kids then it must be okay...

Sue

SSG US ARMY 1996-2005

seved in Bosnia, Kuwait, Iraq, Egypt...

toured every crappy place in the world courtesy of Uncle Sugar

I am always heartened when I see or hear of people of have been there, speaking out against what has taken place.

BuSh was on TV Wednesday claiming that we are winning as this month's death toll continued to climb at a pace that may reach or break the all-time high for this conflict. He says he feels the pain of the families who have lost loved ones in Iraq. He claims to feel the pain of the families who worry about their loved ones in Iraq.

Then why doesn't he ask the twins; Barbara and Jenna to enlist and volunteer for duty in Iraq? It would not make the Invasion of Iraq right, but then I would know he truly feels the pain.

Michael J. Fox was interviewed by Katie Couric last night on the news. His interview was from the heart. It was difficult to watch him as he definitely struggles with the racking movements from his body. His mind is clear and his message even clearer. I do so admire this man while I loathe Rush. How could Rush come back from all his scandals and why can he dare to make fun of such a man? Only in America.

BuSh was on TV Wednesday claiming that we are winning as this month's death toll continued to climb at a pace that may reach or break the all-time high for this conflict. He says he feels the pain of the families who have lost loved ones in Iraq. He claims to feel the pain of the families who worry about their loved ones in Iraq.

Then why doesn't he ask the twins; Barbara and Jenna to enlist and volunteer for duty in Iraq? It would not make the Invasion of Iraq right, but then I would know he truly feels the pain.

It is always easy to claim to feel the grief of others. We don't feel this grief because we can't until we have experienced something akin. BuSh's comments are cheap and meaningless. They are also in bad taste exactly because they are meaningless.

Neither BuSh jr himself, nor his immediate family, have had nor will have war experiences.

"Spin" seems to have become a substitution for genuine communication and for thought itself. Now this is a tragedy that affects all of us. This has become the culture of the "sound bite," sloganeering, and "spin." These are manipulative tools, of course, and they tell you what you are supposed to feel and think. And we do. We grunt and think that BuSh actually feels our pain just because he has told us so.

Michael J. Fox was interviewed by Katie Couric last night on the news. His interview was from the heart. It was difficult to watch him as he definitely struggles with the racking movements from his body. His mind is clear and his message even clearer. I do so admire this man while I loathe Rush. How could Rush come back from all his scandals and why can he dare to make fun of such a man? Only in America.

I've got a better one for you.

Our friends of 40 years, husband and wife are avid gun enthusiasts. They even make their own bullets to keep the price of target practice within their budget. The husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 10 years ago. He can no longer work and he can seldom ride his Harley. He wants desperately for stem cell research to make a difference in his life, because he is building up a tolerance to his drug regiment.

Now the problem. The Senatorial candidate in his state is NRA approved but is one of the most vocal critics of stem cell research. The candidate considers BuSh's stance on stem cell research to be Liberal.

Guess who our friends are voting for. :faint:

Good heavens, you can have pilonidal cysts removed! They are often massively ingrown hairs which says a lot about Rush's tushie. But sometimes they have teeth and other stuff in them. My uncle was very hairy and had a pilonidal cyst removed. His butt felt a lot better. But he got out of the army by having high blood pressure when he was about 18. He died at 49.

Rush is a bottom-scraping, loud-mouthed, obnoxious scumbag, but he still lives in a big house and his doc prescribes all the pills he wants. I still want to be the democratic scumbag though I don't know if I can stoop as low as these people do. Still it seems pretty simple -- get really angry and aim all of one's hatred toward the other political party and let loose. I think TOM would be really good at this but he relies on things like facts. Rush and group don't worry about facts. And, TOM, you are right. The righties parrot Rush all the time. One wonders what happened to their brains. My brother's is awash in alcohol, but they can't all be alcoholics, can they?

Good heavens, you can have pilonidal cysts removed! They are often massively ingrown hairs which says a lot about Rush's tushie. But sometimes they have teeth and other stuff in them. My uncle was very hairy and had a pilonidal cyst removed. His butt felt a lot better. But he got out of the army by having high blood pressure when he was about 18. He died at 49.

Rush is a bottom-scraping, loud-mouthed, obnoxious scumbag, but he still lives in a big house and his doc prescribes all the pills he wants. I still want to be the democratic scumbag though I don't know if I can stoop as low as these people do. Still it seems pretty simple -- get really angry and aim all of one's hatred toward the other political party and let loose. I think TOM would be really good at this but he relies on things like facts. Rush and group don't worry about facts. And, TOM, you are right. The righties parrot Rush all the time. One wonders what happened to their brains. My brother's is awash in alcohol, but they can't all be alcoholics, can they?

Thanks for the compliments (I guess).

By the way, within the past two weeks, I saw a picture of BuSh meeting in the White House with many of the FOX (Fair & Balanced) News team and other media reporters who do the right-wing polka.

I have been searching on-line for that picture. Does anyone remember seeing it and what show it was on?

Will somebody wake me when the polls close on Tuesday? Until then, I'll probably need drugs.

HOWEVER, Rush knows his audience. There are MANY, MANY people who believe him and agree with him because he promotes their agenda...at any cost.

HEY! NO DENIGRATING THE POLKA YOU!!!! :)

I saw it both on Keith Oberman's show http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/ (I've got a heart on for that man! Pulls no punches and treats silly news as silly, serious as serious.) and I've seen it on The Daily Show as well.

Hey, Vinesqueen, thanx for the website. I've never heard of Oberman before - I'm a Canuck - but I have spent some enjoyable time loitering on this site. This guy is good!