Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am... Like 3 weeks post op.

I ate a WHOLE egg during lunch. Felt stuffed and spit up a little bit but got over it. Anyone else able to eat that much?

I don't recall eating a whole egg at week 3 but I am at week 12 and have for 3 weeks straight every morning scrambled one egg for Breakfast. On most days I feel super stuffed on my way to work but by the time I get there I am fine. I always freel like I'm pushing it. I think everyone is a little different though.

I did. I actually scrambled TWO of them thinking that it was gonna be no big deal. After all, I could eat four with no problem before surgery, amirite? I managed to eat about half of what I cooked but oh man was I full :D

I'm not even 3 weeks out. Today I ate 1/2 CUP of egg salad & a whole cup each of vegetarian chili & also cottage cheese. Not all at the same time, but over the course of 3 meals. I guess everyone is different.

Im 6 days post op and got cleared for puree today and made egg salad with one egg and ate the whole thing. No discomfort, no sliminig, just yummy. It took me 15 to 20 minutes taking very small bites. I use a baby spoon the help me make sure Im taking small bites. I usually take about a 1/2 a baby spoon at a time. Seems to do the job!

Well as you can see SeriouslyChange, everyone really is different. I don't know how much the size of the bougie was (which is a factor) but everyone really is totally different after the surgery.

Well as you can see SeriouslyChange, everyone really is different. I don't know how much the size of the bougie was (which is a factor) but everyone really is totally different after the surgery.

My surgeon said he only does 32 French size bougies. Whatever that means.

I guess I shouldn't be worried then. I had a Protein Drink for breakfast, egg for lunch, and 1.5oz mozzerella balls for dinner. Probably have 1 more egg as a snack. Doesn't seem like too much for a day right?

You're able to get down all the Water? Any advice? I struggle with Water so much!

I eat one meal every 4 hours. Even my Snacks are 4 hours out. So if I'm still up in an hour and a half, I'll eat my egg or maybe mozzerella balls. It's funny, my stomach starts to feel funny and I look at the clock and its like 4 minutes away from 4 hours. Glad my body is on board with me lol

You're able to get down all the Water? Any advice? I struggle with Water so much!

I eat one meal every 4 hours. Even my Snacks are 4 hours out. So if I'm still up in an hour and a half, I'll eat my egg or maybe mozzerella balls. It's funny, my stomach starts to feel funny and I look at the clock and its like 4 minutes away from 4 hours. Glad my body is on board with me lol

The first few days with water was a real struggle. It was a little painful and lots of pressure. Then my surgeon told me to try WARM liquids for a while. I was able to get 3 ounces down at a time and I was 3 days out then. Im convinced that by drinking warm liquids for a few days really made the swelling go down better. My surgeon said that some people have issues with cold or even room temperature liquids, it gives the tummy spasms. Warm liquids were nice and gentle for my sleeve and now I can drink like I did before as far as how big my swallows are. No pressure, no pain. Maybe try babying your sleeve with some warm liquids, maybe youll be able to get more down. I had warm Decaf tea and warm milk with some chocolate Protein powder in it just for a slight taste. Hope that helps.

I'm not even 3 weeks out. Today I ate 1/2 CUP of egg salad & a whole cup each of vegetarian chili & also cottage cheese. Not all at the same time, but over the course of 3 meals. I guess everyone is different.

That is a lot. Did your dr. set limits for you on how much you should take in at once? I am not supposed to eat 1 cup at a meal until 1 year post op.

At 3 weeks I was cleared for mushies which included "1 egg" as a meal, so yep! I was super full when done though.

I am 4 weeks out and I can eat 1/2 an egg (however it's cooked). Talked to my surgeon today and he said I'm pretty average, so it doesn't sound like a whole egg in one sitting is abnormal. I make sure I drink at least 2L (64oz) of Water daily. I was able to do that about week 3.

At 3 weeks I was cleared for mushies which included "1 egg" as a meal' date=' so yep! I was super full when done though.[/quote']

Okay, cool. I'm just concerned because I don't want to eat too much. And a whole egg seems like lot. Do you have any advice for Water? I'll take all the advice I can get!