Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I making the right choice?

I went with the choice that made me feel the most comfortable, both with price and experience. I'm paying more for my procedure, but I just felt more comfortable having Dr Alvarez do my sleeve. When I tried to talk myself into going to a different surgeon, I just couldn't do it. Go with your gut!

EXACTLY. I had initially chosen Alvarez, but after researching so many other competent doctors, I could no longer justify paying so much more for Alvarez. If I had ANY reservations at all about the doctor I chose,I'd switch back to Alvarez in a heartbeat. This is such a deeply personal decision and yes, cost does pay a part in it, but cost should not override our instincts.

So I woke up this morning and decided Dr. Garcia it is! I have a few more questions for Alma and I will be locked in by this evening. Thank you everyone for your opinions and support. When I had my Lapband put in 6 in a half years ago I didn't have anyone, when i had it out a year ago i didn't have anyone who understood. It's nice to have support. Thank you all!!

So I woke up this morning and decided Dr. Garcia it is! I have a few more questions for alma and I will be locked in by this evening. Thank you everyone for your opinions and support. When I had my Lapband put in 6 in a half years ago I didn't have anyone' date=' when i had it out a year ago i didn't have anyone who understood. It's nice to have support. Thank you all!![/quote']

Good for you! Once I decided to go with Dr Garcia I had a sense of peace about my choice. Hooray for us!

My top three choices was Dr. Garcia, Dr. Alvarez, and Dr. Rodriguez. I chose Dr. Garcia and feel safe in my decision.

I just need February to come quick. I think it will considering that it feels like Halloween was yesterday and that Christmas is tomorrow.

65 more days to go.. SMH, RME..

My top three choices was Dr. Garcia' date=' Dr. Alvarez, and Dr. Rodriguez. I chose Dr. Garcia and feel safe in my decision.

I just need February to come quick. I think it will considering that it feels like Halloween was yesterday and that Christmas is tomorrow.

65 more days to go.. SMH, RME..[/quote']

I had mine narrowed to 2 surgeons. Dr. alejandro lopez and dr. Ponce de leon. I went with Dr. Lopez because he always has a second surgeon in the OR with him and he specializes in patients with high BMI which increases the risk.

It really does feel like Halloween was last week. But winters in Ohio draaaaaaaaaaaag!

Amanda Rae

It is finally winter her in Atlanta- but I think the weather here is bipolar..

It was just 70 degrees on Sunday but by Tuesday it was 30?

If it keeps going on like this, I will be sick!

I didn't research those surgeons - and there wasn't any reason why I didn't. There were so many names when I started!!

On another note, I am looking at my desk. I wish I could take a picture. SF Jello, an orange, a grapefruit, and a bottle of CHERRY COKE. I need to get it together. Water for today ='s ZERO.

It is finally winter her in Atlanta- but I think the weather here is bipolar..

It was just 70 degrees on Sunday but by Tuesday it was 30?

If it keeps going on like this' date=' I will be sick!

I didn't research those surgeons - and there wasn't any reason why I didn't. There were so many names when I started!!

On another note, I am looking at my desk. I wish I could take a picture. SF Jello, an orange, a grapefruit, and a bottle of CHERRY COKE. I need to get it together. Water for today ='s ZERO.[/quote']

Ohio's winters are cold, grey, and miserable. Our weather now is behaving like your weather. Warm. Cold. Damp. Dry. Ugh!!! My sinuses are protesting.

Amanda Rae

I had my sleeve Dec 3 with Dr Garcia and it was great, I would do it all over again, made me feel comfortable and answered all my question. Couldn't ask for anyone better. I am down 32 pounds.

Please don't worry' date=' I am just like you. Went to Dr Garcia in September for my revision. I was very worried like you he would not be able to do it. Let me tell you, you have picked the right surgeon. He did my surgery no problem and I was not sick, no gas, no pain. I went alone also they will look after you. There will be other patients there too, you will see them at the hotel. If you are booking tomorrow God is guiding you; he won't let you make the wrong decision!

P.S. the benefit of having the band first is that you know what to do with your eating and drinking; I have had no vomiting, no sliming, no over-eating, the absolute best thing I could have done for myself.[/quote']

Did u pay extra for band removal?

Did u pay extra for band removal?

He only charged me $500.00 extra for the revision. I think was a great cost!

I paid $4700.00 for the sleeve

$500.00 for the revision part

$300.00 for an endoscopy

Total $5500.00 what a deal!!

I think so, it takes time to remove it.