Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado anyone??

This little section of our LBT world is getting no love! Anyone out there other than me from Colorado??

Would love to get to know ya!!!

Hey there.. from Colorado too. Recently banded, first fill last Saturday... still a newbie..

Tom

Hi! I live in Golden and was banded on August 29th. Have had two fills (at 1.5cc) but still don't really feel restricted.

Nice to find homies out there.:cool:

I'm not technically in CO, but I am only about 8 miles from the CO border near Durango. I go to Canon City for my fills. Where are you located?

vwenzel, I have family in Golden, in the McIntyre & 58th area! We have family all over the Denver area. I am going to Elitches this next summer, and fitting in every ride....ok, maybe not the kiddie rides!!!

Kat

We're actually in the Denver West area of Golden, Indiana south off 6th ave. I have a wonderful, supportive husband and two incredible kids (6 year old twins - boy/girl).

DrewsLou, read in your profile that you are getting a port replacement next week. Hope all is ok.

Valerie

If you ever are in the Greeley area you all need to stop by..

we are 50miles North.. Kat Elitches sounds fun. I will have to go to Denver when you do the everyride thing..:cool:

Like Kat, Im not really from CO but I feel like its my 2nd home! I travel to Pueblo CO for all my band needs. I also like to stay in Colorado Springs a lot.

HELLO out there I'm from Pueblo and had my surgery done in Canon City. So far I am so restricted right now can't eat much of anything. Have been pbing alot but I am going to ride it out and see if it lets up. Got my fingers crossed because I sure don't want to get an unfill.

Hey Carol--I'll send you a message when I go to Canon City (Dr. Brown) for a fill next time, and we can see if we can meet up.

Mary--we can do Elitches together no problem!!! Everyone is welcome, what fun we could all have!!!

Kat

That's great!

Tell me about how you like Brown? He is actually the one that did my surgery. So far I think he is okay, but have no one to compare him too.

I am so filled right now that I am only hoping that I don't have to go back for an unfill. Can't do much most of the time just drink and sometimes mushies.

Looking forward to actually meeting someone else that has had this surgery.

Hey all! Great to see so many from my neck of the woods out there! I live in Brighton, just a little north of Denver.

Carol.... PB'ing all the time and only being able to only liquids does not sound good at all! You might think about calling your doc and maybe getting a small unfill. Let us know how you are doing!

3 days until I get my port replaced! Not a moment too soon... I ahve gained 4 pounds in the past few weeks! YIKES!

Peace!

Let's see, how do I like Dr. Brown? I love his enthusiasm over the band! He is so convinced it is the answwer to diabetes etc. I needed his "no doubts" attitude I heard at his seminar in Pueblo. It is what gave me the courage to look into the band further. Then my insurance denied me...twice. So the Dr. I chose in MX spoke with him, and we made arrangements for Brown to do my follow up care. In that regards, I am ok with him. He agreed to do my aftercare, but will occasionally make snide remarks over my having it done in MX. He wanted to replace my port with a low profile right off the bat, when come to find out, I already had the low profile. He has a hard time hitting it...but in his defense, I do carry all of my weight in my belly, and he hits my SIL, 1st time, and we were banded together, hers is just more prominant. I follow his guidelines for liquids only following fills. I just do not think his plan of each meal consisting of 3 bites is nutritionally safe. So I have opted not to be as full as he would likely have me be. I have had 2 fills. The first was done in June (surgery in April), and was 1.25cc, and the 2nd done in July of .50cc. So I am at 1.75cc. in a 4cc. band. I still have restriction. My weight loss has slowed some, but I feel like I can eat healthy where I am. Since we live 6 hours from his office, "dropping in" if I feel too full is not an option! I am still losing, an average of 1-3 pounds a week, which is normal...so I have chose not to have any further fills until a time I quit losing. Andrea and Reenie both have said that is much better than being too tight, so have never said a word when I keep postponing my appointments!!! I do go back and forth with my SIL, for company when she goes for her fills (and an unfill etc.). Looks like we will be going for her next step on refilling in about 2 weeks. As soon as she makes the appointment, I will let ya know!!!

Kat

Wow 1-2 pounds a week sounds like pure heaven to me!!!! I am not doing that well at all, I have on lost about 32 pounds or so and sometimes wish I had never had this done. Yesterday was one of those days, I had a fill last monday at was quite tight yesterday lots of pbing and I even drew up a scrambed egg that I had tried to eat. Hopefully today will be different we will see. But experiencing times like yesterday it certainly makes me wonder what was I thinking?

I thought he was crazy personally when he started with the 3 bite thing! I knew that was a crock the minute he said it. Who could live on 3 bites of food every meal? lol

Sometimes I wish I went to Cannon City for my band... I really like my Dr. in Pueblo, but I have had so much trouble, sometimes I wonder if it my fault or his. But I am 70 pounds down and I think it is still worth it, even though I question it sometimes.

I will be in Pueblo This Friday.. Nov. 3rd for a fill. I am not sure yet if I will be staying in Pueblo or go to the Springs. I have been wanting to go to Castle Rock and do some Chirstmas shopping at the outlet mall.

I tell ya CO is my 2nd home.

Kat... I got to plan a trip to just go vist you out that way, I dont think I even been to your neck of the woods in NM... I have been almost everywhere but there. My husband and I love to just hop in the car and drive, maybe next time we will drive out that way.