Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No hunger in the beginning?

So I was sleeved on 12/6 and since then I've been following my liquid diet. I was expecting to feel hungry but I don't at all. When i do a little i just drink some Water or broth and i feel full!! I am hoping that it stays this way but I'm wondering if its because my stomach still hurts so maybe that's why I don't feel hunger. This is wonderful and I just really hope it lasts. I guess that's a part of what the sleeve is for anyways lol. Still getting use to this but loving it so far. I can't imagine what it will be like once I switch to normal foods...curious how much I will be able to eat ect...

Hi skinnyjenn - I was sleeved on October 11th, and just like you, I felt NO hunger at first. It's probably because your stomach is still swollen and will be for about the first 2 weeks.

When I finally did start feeling hunger, I found that it was a totally different feeling of being "hungry" than it was before. For me, the hunger I feel can be squashed with a little bit of anything, like Water or just a bite of something. I can also pretty much tell myself to ignore the feeling and it goes away.

The kind of hunger I feel now is nowhere near the feeling I had before, where you thought you were just going to die if you didn't eat something. This is much more manageable (at least for now, and at least for me at 2 months out).

This, for me, is the lure of WLS. My neighbor, who had VSG around three years ago, told me that he had to remember to eat.

That makes sense I didn't even think about my stomach being swollen may be the reason. It's good to hear that after 2 months the hunger is easy to squash. I also use to feel like I would DIE if I didn't eat before this surgery and I always over ate. This is why I needed this surgery so bad. Looking forward to everything!

I am thirteen weeks today and like the other poster said it really is not a hunger, more of an empty I feel weak. There are times when I am busy there are no thoughts of food. You can go for very long because you really are not hungry, it is absolutely fantastic!!

That's wonderful I am so happy I did this!