Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it true that pcos gets reversed aft wls :s i ve been diagnosed wid pcos nd tats 1 of d main reason i wanted ds surgery !!!

What is pcos?

^ its poly cystic ovary syndrome 10 n 100 women r affected unfortunately i am one among dem :(:)

What is pcos?

Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome ..& I am that 1 of the 10 in a 100! Mine was so severe I don't have my ovaries or uterus anymore! Good riddance to rotten rubbish!

Little difficult to decipher exactly what your saying here because most letters are missing from half the words in your sentence. But I believe what you are saying is that you are basing your decision to have surgery on the chance that it MIGHT correct the symptoms of PCOS. There is no yes or no answer to that question. For some women, the weight loss does correct their symptoms and for some women it does not. There is no guarantee.

I have pcos and in my book that I got from my doc it can reverse a lot of the effects. Such as infertility, hair, hygene and not having a period. Usually when your over weight that induces pcos. The docs say lose weight get better. So yes it can help but doesn't always resolve everything.

since PCOS is a syndrome, (i have it too)...every patient has different symptoms. i have severe infertility, and insulin resistance, but NO facial hair, acne or male pattern Hair loss. I also have been told that weight loss will decrease many of the symptoms, but since every patient is different, there's no guarantee WHICH symptoms it will eliminate.

I have heard it can help symptoms of PcoS...but it won't get rid of it. Having my hysterectomy "got rid" of it because the disease organ was removed. I also had a severe case of endometriosis which is different from PCOS which is is why I had the uterus removed. So to get this surgery to reverse PCOS...it may not work for you. There are very thin women who have PCOS. I would rethink this if that was the only reason you are thinking about getting the sleeve.

I too have PCOS, and my doc says by losing 10% of your current weight will reduce some of the symptoms of PCOS. I haven't had surgery as of yet, but since i've started the process of getting to surgery i've lost 9+ pounds and after not having a period for 6 months, I was able to naturally have one. I'm hoping the sleeve will help reduce my symptoms and allow me to get pregnant, especially since i've already loss one ovary.

Wow ty all ur being really supportive nw i ve an idea wt to expect aft my surgery thank u i hope to regain all d hair i lost and get rid of d facial hair nd acnes srsly

I have PCOS and i have had very irregular periods and i have the extra facial hair and hair, infertility. i have had a period since april 2012 and i had my sergery october 9th this year and ive lost 65lbs and on mon dec 3rd i got a actual period not just spotting, so hopefully it will start to resolve and ill be regular and become more fertile because thery is kids in my soon future!!! :D good luck!