Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I am tired of eating.

Surgery two weeks from today. liquid diet starts on Sunday. I have been eating.... not a lot just... the stuff I know I would regret not having "one last" of. Then the few people that know I am having surgery have been like, "let's have lunch/dinner/snacks/shove down some food before you start your liquid diet!"

I............ am tired of eating. I have never looked forward to a liquid diet so much! :o I have an event tonight that's a two drink minimum. Believe me, drinks are all I am having.

Light lunch tomorrow with a friend. AND THEN THAT IS IT. I might start liquids tomorrow night. For serious.

I never understood the food funeral thing - it sounds like one more really good example that we will give ourselves sooo many excuses to eat...my goal thru the food funeral excuses was to say "less to lose later, less on my frame in surgery, less on my liver, and if I can't avoid it now, maybe I shouldn't do this!"

Good for you on no more excess! Make it count!

I wish I felt that way. Maybe I will soon because I want this surgery like "tomorrow"!!!!!

I am trying some Protein shakes and treats that my close friends are using (so i dont have to buy my own) and will start adding them to my diet in January.

Back to you- thats a great way to feel. Start asap and get those Pre-op pounds off so you will be closer to goal.

Hugs!

I did a few weeks of sparse eating and a few days of liquid only, just to know I could do it. My mother had bypass and my bestie had the sleeve. Both said, "Get it all outta your system. Eat, enjoy. Because once you go on liquids, it's gonna be a LONG time before you can eat anything close to normal." I will have two weeks of liquids only. I figure that'll be payback enough for the last month!

Surgery two weeks from today. liquid diet starts on Sunday. I have been eating.... not a lot just... the stuff I know I would regret not having "one last" of. Then the few people that know I am having surgery have been like, "let's have lunch/dinner/snacks/shove down some food before you start your liquid diet!"

I............ am tired of eating. I have never looked forward to a liquid diet so much! :o I have an event tonight that's a two drink minimum. Believe me, drinks are all I am having.

Light lunch tomorrow with a friend. AND THEN THAT IS IT. I might start liquids tomorrow night. For serious.

Hi

Surgery two weeks from today. Liquid diet starts on Sunday. I have been eating.... not a lot just... the stuff I know I would regret not having "one last" of. Then the few people that know I am having surgery have been like, "let's have lunch/dinner/snacks/shove down some food before you start your liquid diet!"

Hi, looks like we're on the same day--the 21st. I had my last appointment with the doc yesterday and I don't have any special diet to follow-- other than the same one I've bee on for a few months. He said the hospital will go over the 48 hours before surgery diet when I go for my pre-op testing and anesthesia consult 3 days before surgery.

Speaking of food funerals and eating too much....I came home from my appointment yesterday and baked brownies and made biscuits. These are two food that I normally really don't give a rat's behind about...but for some reason I was bent on having them. Had two biscuits as my dinner and ate a couple of brownies and it was very anticlimatic! LOL.... I don't think I'll do a full blown food funeral but I'll probably eat a few things with the hubby since I know it will be long time before I'll be able to have it again...

I do worry about not be able to actually "eat" food for a long time...I imagine it must be a strange feeling....probably not actually hungry but wanting to actually EAT ( as in chew) something that actually has an aroma..... if ya'll have some tips on how to combat that please chime in....I'd like to be ready because I do think it may be an issue for me.

Yeah for all of us getting ready for our big days!!

Holy crap thecurvyj... I said the exact thing this morning getting into my car to go work. Was thinking about what to get for lunch and said... I'm sooooo flipping tired of eating! Nothing even sounds good and I'm not even hungry. My pre-op starts Tuesday, but I may start early

I have my surgery for sleeve on the 21st as well and I am on day 2 of liquids........my stomach is growling lol........but I too hate different things that I like.....not binge.....just trying to be "normal"......in other words, eating regular food without starving myself.....for me its been feast or famine.......not I want to eat healthy and moderation....a new start.......I want to get this show on the road!

I am gonna start liquids today. I'm so ready! Still supposed to have lunch with a friend but she may cancel. If we do meet up, I'll have Soup.

13 days! So psyched!

Careful, I behaved that way around thanksgiving. Already was having issues gaining since I got off phentramine (July) quit smoking (nov) & had my lap band deflated (since sept). I gained, then my binder last 2 weeks ago since July was up 18lbs :(

Doctor said I'm lucky he knows the complications I've had with the band and that I recently stopped diet pills & smoking or he would have called off the surgery. I've been on liquids all week, down 7lbs, and surgery Monday at 7:30am