Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I Was Called A ...

So needless to say, I am very happy with my decision to move my surgery date up. One reason why? I am tired of being called names at work...

Today I was called a "f**king fat b***h" and a "cow"

I'm a teacher so clearly can't say anything back in return, and it just starts to get to you when you're called these things on a regular basis, and sometimes daily. (I work in a maximum security facility for youth girls, aged 12-18.. sometimes 21 depending on pending youth charges)

Hopefully post op she'll called me a skinny b***h, I think I could handle that better!

How many more hours until my surgery!?!?

Freaking punk kids...they need to be slapped and learn respect. Good for you on moving up your surgery date. Good luck to you. :D

Thank you :) I only wish our facility was run like "corrections" unfortunately they coddle the kids at mine... it's a joke. I do not let them run the show, so if I challenge them on anything, that is the outcome with some of the kids.

I'm sorry to hear that. People are horrible. I know it hurts but deep down inside the only reason people say things like that is because they are some way some way self conscious about themselves. And plus look who your dealing with... obviously uneducated teens. Look at the bright side, at least you can lose the weight!

Remember "sticks and stones may break my bones but words would never hurt me."... The next time they try something like that again, tell them that or make a joke out of it so they can see that you don't care. I was called something similar once and came with a comeback not towards the person but something like "hey at least i don't look hungry" lol. Remember people like that are ignorant and they say mean things like that to hurt you so if you show them that your not hurt they''ll no they won't be able to mess with you. Good Luck! I hope your okay.... XOXO :)

:( As a teacher you deserve more repect, regardless of your weight or of the students. I also teach, but chose elementary education because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle being called names by older students. Teenagers are rough. Stay strong, your new life is right around the corner. Being called a skinny B***ch would be a compliment to look forward to in my book :)

Unfortunately after you lose the weight, they will still call you names...but at least they'll have to stop using your weight as ammo.

I taught single gender and had girls...one day they were mad at me and called me fat...I "freaked" out and said "oh my god, thanks for telling me, I had no idea!" Then I followed it up with be careful with your thoughts, actions, and words, because most girls grow up and look just like their mommas. At that point one girl told one of the mean girls she should stop eating cheetos cause we all knew what her momma looked like...

Thanks for all the advice and tid bits from your personal experiences. It's makes it difficult sometimes especially when dealing with kids... they sometimes have no filters. Up north I was teaching grade 5 and they asked me if I was pregnant since I looked like it. So after years and years, you just have enough.

I can't wait until after this surgery to be healthier, happier, thinner etc, but also to get rid of the weight comments. They can call me whatever they want, but it's the weight comments that tend to affect me. Soon, that will no longer be an issue :)

Thanks for all the support, this student will not be in class until Monday :)