Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going for my first bariatric app in 2 weeks. I know it sounds silly but I think my BMI might be borderline. I have 2 of the co morbities. I am afraid they are gonna tell me to go on opti fast or WW or no surgery for you. Or....am I just not realistic about large I really am? Most of my life I was a skinny girl....really. It's only been the last 20 years that I have struggled and Failed with my weight.

In my mind I see a skinny girl.........Oh but when I look in the mirror oh my do I see a fat girl.

I am 5ft 6in and I weight between 225 and 219. I have gone to a WLS class and I got dirty looks from some of the people there. What! I am not fat enough? For one time in my life I will be sad to here that. Am I freeking myself out? Maybe.

When I went to my first meeting, I looked skinny compared to several others. I too wondered if I was too skinny. I've got my date - 12-27. I promise you there will one person in that meeting that will give you their contact number before you leave. Don't be freakin'!

BMI of 35 with 2 comorbitities makes you a solid candidate. I'm a 37 BMI, with no comorbitities and I hold my weight super well. I'm 5'4" and 214, but I don't look more than 175. I went for my EGD and had to explain my situation to every concerned nurse there (they were being super sweet, just worried about me).

I'm self pay. I have insurance, but they wanted to comorbitities with a BMI under 40. Like I said, have none. I'm super healthy except for the fact I can't keep this dang weight off and I'm only getting bigger with every effort.

You don't have to explain yourself if you know in your heart you've done everything you can up to this point. I felt what you feel, but its the same voice that tells us were not good enough for stuff because we don't look like everyone else that is now telling you your not worth this either. It boils done to insecurity and fear...fear we'll never be anything other than what we are. But fear is only....False Evidence Appearing Real :) do what's right for you. I'm all set for 12/26 and feel so good about this decision.

When I first started thinking about WLs I went to a meeting I felt like maybe I wasn't heavy enough. I started the process told people and the first thing they said was really u don't need all that u can do it in your own!! So I followed everyone and I got pregnant had my daughter and still struggling with this weight. I feel like if not now, when? I am over 100lbs over weight my whole life is basically effected. My feet hurt, ankle, knees. I am weak tired and borderline diabetic.

You're doing this for you-period. Don't feel guilty or greedy. Because of the size of most the others in comparison to me that I was in class with, I also felt I should be justifying myself. I was denied at 1st by my insurance for a lower BMI (36.something) with no co-morbs. I was approved just last week, months later, at what they considered "obese enough" to have the surgery without the co-morbs. When the dr told me back in March, you may not qualify now, but with your history it might be a matter of time before you do..I was hurt. But I understand why now-fighting the insurance, trying to find a work around for all these months stressed me out so much that I gained the weight I was trying to get surgery to help me take off. Now I'm "obese enough" and the insurance will pay for my surgery, I can get my hernia repaired, and hopefully eliminate several other weight related issues.

Keep your head high PC! You got this :]

Thank you all for the great pep talk!

Keep your head up. You are not alone. My Bmi is 43 I have Migraine headaches, and osteoarthritis. I'm also concerned that as I loose weight before surgery with no co morbidities like htn or diabetes that I could face those same challenges of getting approval the first time. But, I want the surgery enough to try hard. It's worth it. I'm worth every bit of the effort it takes to get healthier. And so are you.

Blessings