Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sydney Gal Waiting On Surgery.

Okay so I had my dietician and psych app a couple weeks ago and I was told that my initial weight was 102.3kg I was in shock because my scale at home for some reason gives me a higher reading. Anyway my surgery date is this Thursday and I honestly don't know what to take with me beside my toothbrush, retainer, hair care products and pjs + slippers. Is there anything I'm missing???

Hi mini me 23,

I'm The same surgery on Wednesday. I'm packing a eye patch, you know how bright the rooms get , I'm also taking my iPad n charger and moisturizer :)

Can't think of anything else to pack , good luck on Thursday , where are you getting done at?

A strapless bra!!! It just so happened that I had packed a convertible bra that you can remove the straps on and was a god send. It meant that I could take it off and put it on without getting the nurses to take off the drip. I can't stand not having a bra on when I'm up and about, but was more comfortable sleeping without it. I was on the drip for 5 days.

Some earplugs in case you have to share a room LOL

I packed my bag with clothes etc and to be honest, I slept in hospital gowns while I was there, it was so much easier, ditto to that Puppyphat, when you have a drip trying to thread things over and around just is too much trouble.

If I were you I'd keep it to a bare minimum with toiletries, lappy or iPad or phone for entertainment. Slippers and dressing gown. At least you won't have to take any Snacks LOL (I thought about that while in hospital and laughed quite a lot about it)

I took I pad & a book buy didn't open either till my last day. The one thing I wish I had of taken was my own pillow those hospital pillows are awful & when you not feeling too well your own pillow is a godsend.

Hi mini me 23' date='

I'm The same surgery on Wednesday. I'm packing a eye patch, you know how bright the rooms get , I'm also taking my iPad n charger and moisturizer :)

Can't think of anything else to pack , good luck on Thursday , where are you getting done at?[/quote']

Good luck Hun I hope your surgery goes well and thank you for the ideas.

I'm getting mine done at Sydney Adventist hospital in wahroonga with dr Craig Taylor

A strapless bra!!! It just so happened that I had packed a convertible bra that you can remove the straps on and was a god send. It meant that I could take it off and put it on without getting the nurses to take off the drip. I can't stand not having a bra on when I'm up and about' date=' but was more comfortable sleeping without it. I was on the drip for 5 days.[/quote']

Lol I loved this because it would have never crossed my mind and thank god all my bras come with detachable straps

5 days into my pre op diet and going strong. The only problem i face at the moment is trying to fit in the 3 serves of opti-fast. I have Breakfast and lunch and struggle to down dinner. Apart from feeling rather sickly full I can't tolerate the taste or texture and would rather go without. But i know i must persist. Ketosis kicked in around day three and haven't felt hungry since. I have however started to get frequent heart burn. Only 10 more days to go till surgery.

Have you tried the bars Kelly? The berry crunch are pretty alright and I used to substitute one of those a day instead of a shake or doup