Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pms...needing A Little Encouragement :'-(

Today, I did awesomely well with my eating, I made it to 1,086 calories, and got all of my Protein in through just eating, no gross shakes. That amount will off set once I get in my cardio/weights before bed. I logged in my meals for today in a food journal and I looked at the list and got scared...scared of regaining weight. All of my choices were healthy and I don't understand why I'm nervous and on the verge of tears(it could be the period hormones acting up this month) My greatest fear is failing this journey. I can't understand why I feel this way, I've done well so far :unsure: I just have this picture in my mind(and on my phone) of how fat my face looked and how tired I was of dealing with being like that.....just thinking about going back to that state, makes me panic. Some months are better than others, but this month, 9 days before my period starts, I feel like a weepy mess...I don't like PMS....I just feel really sad right now. :(

girl i just posted the same kind of post. i feel the same way i know im doing good but the negative side is taking the joy away

I know what you mean, I can't stand feeling like this, I'm usually upbeat and happy, but I think my hormones are getting the better of me this month... :(

yea our hormones are out of wack after surgery, so i was told

Fat is a storage center for hormones, so...as you rapidly burn fat, in the months following surgery, your body will be releasing all kinds of hormones back into your system...wreaking havoc with your emotions, moods, periods, etc! Be aware of how you're feeling, but keep in it the proper perspective. This is all a part of our fabulous journey...perhaps not the most fabulous part, but a part to be experienced, nonetheless! :) Big picture...this too shall pass, and you'll get back to "normal" (whatever THAT is! LOL)!

I wish you the best, and great success!

Laura

I was sleeved aug 13 2012, I've done great so far down 55 lbs! I suffered a tragedy a month ago and it through me over the edge. Yesterday was my worst day ever!!! I ate a hash brown, good & plenty, potatoe salad even an ice cream cone (drumstick by Nestlé 310 calories!!!!) I did awful and most of all felt awful!!! Thank God for my fitness pal that I tracked my food good or bad and shared my food diary and feelings on my profile. My friends encouraged me that tomorrow was a new day and here we are TODAY is a NEW day!!!! Got on the scale to own what I did and list a pound!!!! Lucky me!!! Tomorrow I may gain it from the binge but needless to say I'm running with the pound and being on my best behavior !!!! Although I'm sad inside from our families recent loss I'm not going to allow it to sabotage me!!!! Nope not happening! I encourage everyone to push forward and stay healthy a d don't allow your joy to be stolen no matter what your feeling! Your a much stronger person for taking the steps you took!!! God bless each and every one if us on this LIFE LONG journey!!!! (ladydeenj on my fitness pal )

Thank you everyone, thanks so much for the encouraging words :)

Thank you lolly, I dread this time...I can't wait to feel normal again, :D

ladydeen, I'm so sorry for your loss, thank you for encouraging me, but you be encouraged too, praying for you and your family's strength. I don't think one day will hurt you, the problem comes when we continue and say well I ate bad today, so I might as well wait till Monday to start again(that's what I did LOL) every Monday I would restart my diet and by Monday night completely FAIL! Before the surgery I would have eaten what you ate(minus the good n plenty I don't like licorice :lol: ) and ate and ate until what ever it was was completely gone. I think you should have a treat once a week, so you won't feel deprived and only because that's what you want and not because of how you are feeling. My treat days before surgery were from Sunday to Sunday and it took a toll on my health. Now we are sleeved and we can do this. Don't feel bad about one day, even two, what's important is that when you feel that you have fallen, get back up, dust yourself off and keep at it! :) Thanks again everyone!!

I have a Quest chocolate brownie Protein bar...every evening at 8pm. I love them, they're filling, very chocolatey, only 170 calories, AND pack 20 grams of protein! Best treat I can imagine...tasty, AND a good protein choice!! :)

I have a Quest chocolate brownie Protein bar...every evening at 8pm. I love them, they're filling, very chocolatey, only 170 calories, AND pack 20 grams of protein! Best treat I can imagine...tasty, AND a good protein choice!! :)

Where do you buy those? I still have chocolate cravings and a mean sweet tooth during this time, The best one I had so far was a Mud Slide Atkins Bar, good ,but makes me a bit gassy. It's only 15 grams of protein, 20 grams would be awesome for me, anything to avoid shakes.< /p>

Where do you buy those? I still have chocolate cravings and a mean sweet tooth during this time, The best one I had so far was a Mud Slide Atkins Bar, good ,but makes me a bit gassy. It's only 15 grams of Protein, 20 grams would be awesome for me, anything to avoid shakes.< /p>

I buy them through the Vitamin Shoppe. There are MANY different Quest bar flavors, and every one I've tried has been pretty tasty. The chocolate brownie is my favorite!! :)

Where do you buy those? I still have chocolate cravings and a mean sweet tooth during this time' date=' The best one I had so far was a Mud Slide Atkins Bar, good ,but makes me a bit gassy. It's only 15 grams of Protein, 20 grams would be awesome for me, anything to avoid shakes.[/quote']

Watch out for 'sugar alcohols'. That's what is making you gassy. :-)

Thanks lolly :)

LOL Doxie, that's what my NUT warned me about, I learned not to eat that brand when I go out :D