Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you buy for your liquid diet?

i know some basics but i dont want to feel like im starving the whole time.

any advice?

liquid diet starts in 2 weeks!!

Krysti.

i just started my pre op diet 3 days ago and ive been doing ok with just muscle milks and sugar free Jello and Water really. havent been feeling too hungry, physically. mentally, ughhh i just WANT food lol but its not as hard as i thought it would be. youll do great!

anyone know if we can have smoothies with the liquid diet?? i want a Robeks smoothie soooo bad! i know they use sherbert to make their smoothies plus they have FREE Protein supplements to go in it. Please someone tell me i can drink a smoothie lol!!! probably not though right? someone say yes! lol

I got Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes (lots o' Vitamins and protein) along with frozen fruit for smoothies, flavoring for the shakes like alcohol based candy flavorings, DaVinci and Archer Farms sugar free syrups, and since I was allowed broccoli, fresh florets to steam for a snack.< /p>

I would not get a sherbert based smoothie, personally. It's going to be high carb content with all that sugar, even if you put Protein powder in it, that's not going to make it good for you. I was told to limit my carbs per serving/meal to less than 19, but that's just my surgeon. Follow what yours says to do. Remember, the liquid diet is difficult, but so is eating tiny portions and basing everything around Protein first for the rest of your life. Going back to what we used to do will only get us where we used to be.

Instead, find ways to make the stuff you eat taste good. One of the shakes I liked the most was a pina colada one. 1 serving of vanilla shake powder, 1/2 c large pineapple chunks (in Water, drained), a little coconut flavoring, and ice cubes. Add splenda to taste if it's not sweet enough. Blend with Water until smooth and there you go!

i did boost glucose control, Water, hot tea, coffee, diet pop(before the surgery), and broth. i used equals for sweet tast

I got Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes (lots o' Vitamins and protein) along with frozen fruit for smoothies, flavoring for the shakes like alcohol based candy flavorings, DaVinci and Archer Farms sugar free syrups, and since I was allowed broccoli, fresh florets to steam for a snack.< /p>

I would not get a sherbert based smoothie, personally. It's going to be high carb content with all that sugar, even if you put Protein powder in it, that's not going to make it good for you. I was told to limit my carbs per serving/meal to less than 19, but that's just my surgeon. Follow what yours says to do. Remember, the liquid diet is difficult, but so is eating tiny portions and basing everything around Protein first for the rest of your life. Going back to what we used to do will only get us where we used to be.

Instead, find ways to make the stuff you eat taste good. One of the shakes I liked the most was a pina colada one. 1 serving of vanilla shake powder, 1/2 c large pineapple chunks (in Water, drained), a little coconut flavoring, and ice cubes. Add splenda to taste if it's not sweet enough. Blend with Water until smooth and there you go!

you ate fruit, broccoli and real food for your PRE OP? for me its liquids only, was that not the same for you?

My pre-op was 5-6 opti-fast shakes a day with additional Water or a sugar free Popsicle!

My 2 week preop consists of GNC Lean Protein Shakes, Unjury chicken broth, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, Isopure drinks (not that big of a fan of them though), Oh Yeah shakes (I like the Cookies and cream). Before I started my preop I went and bought a variety of Protein Drinks to taste test so I knew ahead of time what I liked. Oh I also drink Decaf coffee and tea.

I have a few instruction pdf. files I found that are post surgery liquid diets I have been using for this, they have basic know how and essentialy has to be what any doctor will end up giving you later to use.

Here is a sample diet outline, go down the page and you'll see what it out lines for this;

http://www.northwest...ectomy-diet.pdf

I guess its also basics though, sorry if it doesn't help.

also I plan to cheat with this when the time is right,Reddi Wip Whipped Cream Fat Free, as long as I don't get gas into my system I think I am good,lol.

Edited by beguiledb4

i start my preop diet tomorrow and i am already going through withdrawals. I feel nervous now that the surgery is two weeks away. I bought boost high Protein for the diet and on the list they provided it was slim fast, boost, i forget the other name, crystal light, Water and no pop. I was bummed out that I couldn't just do a low cal diet but oh well. I guess it will prepare me for after the surgery. But in the mean while-- I am about to enjoy some chicken alfredo and i am throwing in a piece of steak on the side- dont judge me, i am in mourning. lol

i start my preop diet tomorrow and i am already going through withdrawals. I feel nervous now that the surgery is two weeks away. I bought boost high Protein for the diet and on the list they provided it was slim fast, boost, i forget the other name, crystal light, Water and no pop. I was bummed out that I couldn't just do a low cal diet but oh well. I guess it will prepare me for after the surgery. But in the mean while-- I am about to enjoy some chicken alfredo and i am throwing in a piece of steak on the side- dont judge me, i am in mourning. lol

I had a 'food funeral' too. I think its common although not recommended. There will be rock stars on here that say they didnt have a food funeral but that wasnt me lol.

good luck starting tomorrow. Once you make the first week, you good to go.

I had a 'food funeral' too. I think its common although not recommended. There will be rock stars on here that say they didnt have a food funeral but that wasnt me lol.

I guess I am a groupie or a roadie because I am definitely going to miss certain foods. I tried to pay red lobster to deliver me a crab bake so that should tell you a lot! lol

The month before my liquid pre-op diet I had a final farewell tour of all my favorite restaurants! LOL