Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since October 11th, I've only lost 5 pounds....is this normal? I'm nearing 4 months and see that 6 months honeymoon stage getting closer. I thought I'd have lost more by now. To date, I'm down 32 pounds. Am I going to have a greater weight loss? I started at 224 lbs.

I think those of us who don't have a lot of weight to lose, (although I had 117 lbs to lose, which to me is alot) tend to lose it a bit slower. When I see the 20 or more lbs a month for months lost by some I look at their starting weight and it is much higher. I try to remember that as I am around 10 lbs a month since my 1st month. I am hoping it stays around 8-10 lbs a month but who knows. You started lower than me so that is what I think when I see your weight loss. You're doing great in my eyes!!!

Hi

I just wanted to chime in. I had my surgery Jan 10 2012, I have had slow but continuous weight loss. I did not seem to be one of the people that lost a lot of weight quickly. However, that being said I have continued to lose steady and when ot come off it is gone. I do not see any gain. I will hold steady and then bam drop a pound or two. I even had to stop reading the stories here for awhile because I thought I was not doing well compared to others. So now I just look at ME and me alone. I have lost a lot of weight and I continue so I am happy. Things are so much more fun now, like traveling and going clothes shopping, so I am very happy and I know I am losing slowly but I am losing more than I could ever have done without the sleeve.

Hope you are encouraged to be the best you that you can be and don't think you are going to lose the same amounts as others in the same time frame. But be assured every pound you do lose is a pound gone that is gone for ever!

You will get where you want to be just hang in there and be glad for the small things.

Blessings,

Patti

Thank you Patti!

Don't be discouraged--we just have to be patint. I had my surgery Oct 2nd and I also started at about the same weight (223). I am now at 199. I lost the first 18 lbs during the first 2 weeks post op and then things just slooowed down to where I was afraid I'd never be able to reach my goal. At one point I even gained a lb - very discouraging seeing how I followed all the rules exactly as was told to do. I won't give up--I get on this forum daily and see where others have had this type of slow weight but eventually reach their goal! This gives hope and courage to keep on track. Today I finally lost a lb after over a week of being the same--hooray! Don't give up, have faith and you'll get there.

We are all so unique in every aspect of ourselves. The thing that scares me the most is when I put things in terms of my excess weight being gone forever. I know that this is false and that if I go back to eating the way i ate previous to my sleeve, then I will gain that weight back. I have to always be vigilant and stay on my healthy eating habits and keep portion sizes really small. I will always work on eating Protein first then veggies. But there are times I just want sugary stuff and that is my addiction. So i have to real myself back in and insist on everyone living in this house not bringing that stuff here...... So beware, this is hard work but the benefits are fabulous! Keep it up and remember this is for life.......:)