Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Gets Better, Right?!

Wowwww the few friends I hv that has had the sleeve told me to expect to take 4to 6 weeks.my surgeon has not told me anything yet I see him on 11/29. Now im nervous because I told my boss n hr director that I would be out for that amount of time without speaking with my surgeon first:-( listening to other people.can someone advise me of what to do or expect now

I could see 4-6 weeks when surgery was performed non-laproscopically. I mean at that point they literally had to cut you open and all. Now that it's minimally invasive (I have 6 scars ranging from 1/4" to 1" long) the recovery time is much faster than it was years ago.

Ok gamer so who decides the time, patient or surgeon? I work in a nursing home, prone to infection n my work load requires lifting at times

Now I'm concerned. My sleeving is in Mexico and I've got a long long flight to get home. Do you feel like you could have tolerated 10 hours of travel 4 days after surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I got advice from my surgeon. He said that some people are ready to get back to work in as little as a week. Personally, I took 2 weeks and then another week or two with some short days to re-adjust because I had some nasty nausea issues.

I have no vaca time, im going to go out on disability and if I hv drs appt within weeks after surgery I definitely dont want to go bk to work in a week or two because then my boss will give me hell about the time n ill hv no vaca or sick time left to use

Now I'm concerned. My sleeving is in Mexico and I've got a long long flight to get home. Do you feel like you could have tolerated 10 hours of travel 4 days after surgery?

Me too... But you should be fine. If you have those stockings they put in you for.surgery... Wear them on your ride home to.help.prevent blood clots. If.not then try to get up andbwalk a lil or rotate your ankles frequently. I flew back com.Mexico after myblapband surgery in 2006 and it wasn't too bad. You can also ask for a seatbelt extender and put a small pillow or folded blanket between the belt and your tummy for added comfort. Safe travels and hope you have a great recovery

Ok gamer so who decides the time' date=' patient or surgeon? I work in a nursing home, prone to infection n my work load requires lifting at times[/quote']

I work in a nursing home also went back Monday on light duty still I'm not strong enough im very tired or weak my surgery date was Nov 22,2012. Take your time your body will let u no

hi i had my surgery Monday Im Mexico i traveled from Ireland Thats around 16 hours Im the air i am heading home today day six and i feel great but i think i could have done it day four if i had to. just make sure you wear those flight socks and keep those legs moving x best of luck

I got advice from my surgeon. He said that some people are ready to get back to work in as little as a week. Personally' date=' I took 2 weeks and then another week or two with some short days to re-adjust because I had some nasty nausea issues.[/quote']

I had my surgery on the 20th so it's been 5 days and I'm expected back to work on the 27th I'm praying I can make it. I'm a high school principals secretary and although ill be sitting mostly right now I still tire out very easily. Not even sure I can make it up to my office. Two flights if stairs and 1/4mile walk. I have no time so pray for me that I get through it. Nervous in Houston

OMG HOOOW?! Share your secret! Lol I'm freaking out over not being able to get in either.

What Vitamins are you guys taking?

I'm taking D3, Calcium caltrate, Iron, B12, 2 Flintstone vit, and zantac. Plus my lortabs and B/P pills...it sucks! I'm also struggling getting all the Protein and fluids in.

hugs,<br />alma

I'm taking D3' date=' Calcium caltrate, Iron, B12, 2 Flintstone vit, and zantac. Plus my lortabs and B/P pills...it sucks! I'm also struggling getting all the Protein and fluids in.

hugs,<br />alma[/quote']

My doc said no to Flinstones but he's gonna have to get over it. I tried y Bariatric Advantage Vitamins one day and got so sick I pulled muscles around my big incision from heaving. They were bad enough to start, now they've got such a bad stigma in my head. Flintstones it will be! Are you taking lortab pills? I've been on pills for a long time daily for my fibro, but have been choking down this elixir they sent me home with, I'd LOVE to take my tabs again!

I'm actually getting in my fluids easily so far today, hope everyone else is doing well too!

I'm taking D3' date=' Calcium caltrate, Iron, B12, 2 Flintstone vit, and zantac. Plus my lortabs and B/P pills...it sucks! I'm also struggling getting all the Protein and fluids in.

hugs,<br />alma[/quote']

I'm taking a woman's 50+ multi Vitamin that my hubby crushes for me every day. Terrified of losing my hair! I so far today have gotten down two bottles of Water and a scrambled egg. The egg was delicious.

My doc said no to Flinstones but he's gonna have to get over it. I tried y Bariatric Advantage Vitamins one day and got so sick I pulled muscles around my big incision from heaving. They were bad enough to start' date=' now they've got such a bad stigma in my head. Flintstones it will be! Are you taking lortab pills? I've been on pills for a long time daily for my fibro, but have been choking down this elixir they sent me home with, I'd LOVE to take my tabs again!

I'm actually getting in my fluids easily so far today, hope everyone else is doing well too![/quote']

I take lortabs for pain. I have pain to 2 of my incisions. I'm not sure it's bcuz I have a Penrose drain in each 1 or what. It's easier on my stomach to take the Flintstone vit. He was going to send me home with morphine elixir but I'm allergic to it.

hugs,<br />alma

Thank you girls n guys for helping me with my concerns