Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Tasting Protein Powders

Surgery is Monday and I have yet to find one I can stomach. Tried pure Protein from costco, syntha 6, too sweet, muscle milk light. Is Isopure a good one? And what about the unflavored Unjury powder to put in broth etc, I'm getting nervous I won't find anything!

I would like to know myself, right now I am on my liquid pre-op diet. I am using 100% Designer whey vanilla Protein, it has 18 grams of protein per. serving. I like it because I found a recipe I really like called a cinnamon roll. I add a few shakes of butter buds and cinnamon, 2 splenda packs and a pour of vanilla, I really don't measure. I love it that way but I am sure to tire of it, and want something else. I just ordered some unflavored Unjury and some Isopure. Also wondering about taste. Thank you mamakate.

I have tried a few and my fave is Nectar...chocolate truffle:-) I don't like chocolate much but that 1 is awesome.

I also love the nectar chocolate Truffle. strawberry Mousse is really good too. I am so thankful for these because before them, it felt impossible to find one I like.

I have found that so far the Unjury chicken broth is the only one I can drink consistently. I add a little garlic salt to it and it is not bad. I have not found any others that I can even stomach. I have been drinking Slim Fast Low Sugar (20g Protein and 4 carbs). I am not getting all of my protein in each day but I am trying my best. My program wants you to get in 100g of protein each day and I feel like that is almost impossible for me :unsure: .

I seem to be one of the rare persons that loves unjury. I like them because they are not as sweet as some brands and because they don't foam up as much either. I could not handle thick foam early on! (Note: a Blender Bottle helps.)

My go-to flavors are chocolate supreme, vanilla ( surprisingly my favorite), and chicken Soup. I also have the unflavored. Was not a fan of the cheese sauce, but it could have been worse.

Their strawberry sorbet is ok too.

Surgery is Monday and I have yet to find one I can stomach. Tried pure Protein from Costco' date=' syntha 6, too sweet, muscle milk light. Is Isopure a good one? And what about the unflavored unjury powder to put in broth etc, I'm getting nervous I won't find anything![/quote']

I have had a hard time too. Hate the proteins! Finally tried the Isopure unflavored in Crystal Lite fruit punch and I think I can do it. Also tried using less than full dose. Will have to drink more, but tastes better so I won't mind. Haven't tried it in hot liquids yet.

I agree with above---Nectar. nectar mixes easily and doesn't have that "chalky" texture. I like the strawberry and fuzzy naval. The vanilla is good too.

I love the Jay Robb chocolate and strawberry. It's sweetened with Stevia so it does have that weird Stevia aftertaste, but you get used to it. Currently I Do one scoop in 8 ounces of skim milk with a splash of vanilla extract and a handful of ice blended in the magic bullet. I also sometimes put a half teaspoon of instant coffee in the chocolate along with the vanilla extract, milk and ice.

I discovered if I chew my citrus Calcium supplement and then start sipping on my shake it doesn't have the aftertaste. Also the COLDER the better for me. When it's cold it tastes better.

I'm sure after surgery I won't be fixing it in a blender because I don't want the gas .... and I don't know if I will tolerate drinking cold, but for right now this is what's working for me.

I like the Syntrax Nectar the chocolate truffle, strawberry mousse and the Cappuccino is all good. before surgery I drank the pure Protein since I cannot tolerate it. The Syntrax nectar has been all my stomach could tolerate

MAX Protein is pretty good. I get it at GNC.< /p>

I have spent a fortune looking for powders that I like. My favorite is Jay Robb tropical dreamsicle. Bariatric Advantage has several good flavors as well. I like to have Jay Robb vanilla with Torani sugar free syrups like black cherry. If you like coffee, Click has an excellent vanilla latte. I order everything from Amazon.< /p>

I like Bariatric Advantage...I have Vanilla and Strawberry...those are the only ones I have tried...they do get a little bit foamy when I shake them so will see how we can tolerate them after I have my surgery on the 17th...

There should be a Protein Shake swap on here like we have a clothing exchange. I have some powders that I am not in love with and I have no idea what to do with them now, but I'm loathed to throw the out. I also have some that I like a lot but wouldn't mind sending someone a scoop to try. Is that weird!? Hahaha

Have you noticed any difference in whey vs soy Protein? I dislike the texture of soy even though the flavor isn't bad. I just can stomach how it feels. Whey seems to dissolve better.