Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delayed Period? 4 Weeks Post-Op

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie on here. Had a sleeve done 4 weeks ago and was due my period a week after surgery. I know sudden weightloss can effect your hormones and cycle changes but as anyone else had the same problem and, if so, when do they come back?? Not on pill and periods are always regular. Any advice gratefully received.

Regards,

A UK sleever x

Hi Guys' date='

I'm a newbie on here. Had a sleeve done 4 weeks ago and was due my period a week after surgery. I know sudden weightloss can effect your hormones and cycle changes but as anyone else had the same problem and, if so, when do they come back?? Not on pill and periods are always regular. Any advice gratefully received.

Regards,

A UK sleever x[/quote']

Well I'm

Due tomorrow and I am pretty regular so I will let you know , I think the shock / starvation thing out body is going through prevents ovulation . Not that I mind :)

I'm not sleeved yet, but yes, I've lost my period in the past due to VLCDs and lots of exercise. I had always thought that it was just low bodyfat% that can trigger absence of periods and surely that wasn't a problem for me with my BMI of 50ish!!! When I talked to my doctor about it he said that it was not unusual cease menstruation on a VLCD.

i was just sleeved on the 14th and period was due to come this week. it came and hasnt left yet, but it wasnt a normal period was maybe heavy for one day if you want to call it heavy I dont even feel up a pad, and there is only maybe one dark spot on the pad when I go to change it and still waiting for it to stop.think it started Monday.... Should stop tonight or tomorrow if it stays like pre surgery periods.

Hi Guys' date='

Regards,

A UK sleever x[/quote']

So here's my story. Had my surgery oct 2 and was suppose to have my period oct 1. It didn't come until oct 6. So I should have had my period nov 6.. Didn't come until nov 20. From the beginning of November until today my weight has stalled at 245-246. I would lose and gain the same pound for 3 weeks. Then finally today (third day of my period) my weight was 244.8. Don't stress about it because our bodies have been through a lot of stress and they are in shock right now. Everything will sort itself out. Just be prepared lol

I was sleeved on 10/22 and had mine 2 weeks prior to surgery. Then I had bleeding, albeit really LIGHT, for the week after my surgery. Now, it's been a month and I've not yet had another one. I chalked it up to stress and drugs and weight loss.

Ahh cheers ladies... You are so reassuring to this new girl!! Won't keep worrying and keep my fingers crossed its not like Niagra!!

Peace & Love

Xxx

When you are put under your body kinda "resets" so irregularity in your period is not uncommon. I was sleeved Nov 14th and when I left the hospital I had two days of very light spitting. Now my period is "suppose" to begin on the 25th, but I'm sure it's gonna be outta whack so I'm not going to worry if it's a no show

I have Always had regular periods. got one period a couple weeks after surgery and then nothing. it took almost three months for me to get another one and i think that was because that is when i started BC pills again. I also had a leak and was really sick during that time though so that's probably why . But my OBGYN said that it is normal to not have a period for a while after your body has experienced anything traumatic, especially surgery and dramatic weight loss. Don't worry , you are totally normal and it will come back!