Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing Weight No Exercise?

Me and my sister were sleeved on the same day we were both 284 today I weigh 231 aand today she weigh 200 I'm confused I work out she doesn't i track my intake. She doesn't she eats late I don't I have a cut off time of 7 pm sometime she eats chips I don't how is it I'm in a stall at 231 doing everything right and she is doing whatever she want and blowing past me n weight loss I'm confused we were. sleeved on Sept 24th:(

We all lose at a different pace. If your exercising than you have muscle that your building, your sister is not and she may be losing her muscle mass. I wouldn't put too much into it because in the long run, you will most likely be more successful at keeping the weight off because your changing your negative eating patterns. You will sustain weight loss longer and permanently where she is giving into her triggers and eating the foods that are calorie condensed with no nutritional value. So don't worry too much about her and keep doing what your doing, at the end of the journey you will be very happy....... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)

53 lbs is great in 2 months! Just keep doing what you are doing and it will come off. I was 285 on my surgery day and I'm 205 today, almost 6 months later. You are on the right track.

53 lbs is great in 2 months! Just keep doing what you are doing and it will come off. I was 285 on my surgery day and I'm 205 today' date=' almost 6 months later. You are on the right track.[/quote']

Crystal when was your surgery date? That's great!

You are doing great. Everyone is different. I know its hard not to compare though. Keep up the good work!

I probably lost so much because I wasn't working out...I have lost all my muscle. It is gone. I am a weakling now. That is why I caution everyone to start working out prior to the surgery. I didn't track anything or work out either and I never stalled. I just stopped eating when I was full and didn't eat again until I was hungry. I am going to the gym next week to see if there is anything I can do to repair the muscle loss. I am only 12 pounds heavier than my best friend and I am an inch taller than her...however she is 18% body fat and I am probably 40 still. So she looks crazy skinny...I am skinny, but not super model skinny.

I probably lost so much because I wasn't working out...I have lost all my muscle. It is gone. I am a weakling now. That is why I caution everyone to start working out prior to the surgery. I didn't track anything or work out either and I never stalled. I just stopped eating when I was full and didn't eat again until I was hungry. I am going to the gym next week to see if there is anything I can do to repair the muscle loss. I am only 12 pounds heavier than my best friend and I am an inch taller than her...however she is 18% body fat and I am probably 40 still. So she looks crazy skinny...I am skinny, but not super model skinny.

I did however try to get as much Protein as I could.

Crystal when was your surgery date? That's great!

May 25th. Thanks!