Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously Now, What Do I Need Nut For?

I saw the NUT at one month out and will go back at 3/4 months and periodically for the next couple years, but mine is covered largely by insurance.

I'm so glad that the visits are covered because I do find the advice to be helpful as I develop these new habits. For example, I found out that I should not be taking my daily B12 with my Calcium, but can take it with my Multivitamin. Since I have not liked plain Water since my surgery, we talked about alternatives. We discussed how to tweak my diet to maximize weight loss during the first six months. While a lot of the info from Johns Hopkins Bayview was provided in writing, the face to face visits help nail things down. If you're interested I think you can pull their nutrition info off their website.

I think the only time I ever felt my NUT was beneficial to me was when I went from eating mushies back to solids. Other than that, most of what she tells me are things I already know from lots and lots of extensive reading on nutrition and healthy eating because I've been passionate about this topic all my life, especially after I was diagnosed with PCOS.

I say, that if you research, use the folks information on this site, and just remember the basics of 60-80 grams protien, 48-60 oz of Water, and do your best to stay away from white flour, you'll be golden!

Good luck on your adventure overseas and with your sleeve!!

Thank you for your reply, i see you have lost good weight so far considering that you have PCOS, I too was diagnosed with PCOS about two years ago and someone told me that i wont lose a whole lot of weight even if i have the surgery... You gave me hope to keep going am only two weeks post op and almost 23 pounds lighter, I do not take any Protein shakes nor supplements since where i temporary live they do not have such supplements at stores or anyplace i went and looked hopefully i will find something if i keep looking, but when i asked my doctor about Protein, he said that eventually i will be eating enough protein by myself and not to worry about it, but tbh am freaking out i want protein!!! :unsure:

Alithino, Congrats on your sergury, and i cant tell you how interested i am to get as much nutrition info and guidelines as possible since i wont be seeing a NUT myself, I would very much appreciate it if you would send me the webpage so i can look at it and take some notes!

You might want to see if there are free support groups sometimes abut runs them.

You might want to see if there are free support groups sometimes a Nut runs them.

Thank you i will be looking into that ^_^

Thank you for your reply' date=' i see you have lost good weight so far considering that you have PCOS, I too was diagnosed with PCOS about two years ago and someone told me that i wont lose a whole lot of weight even if i have the surgery... You gave me hope to keep going am only two weeks post op and almost 23 pounds lighter, I do not take any Protein shakes nor supplements since where i temporary live they do not have such supplements at stores or anyplace i went and looked hopefully i will find something if i keep looking, but when i asked my doctor about Protein, he said that eventually i will be eating enough protein by myself and not to worry about it, but tbh am freaking out i want protein!!! :unsure: [/quote']

If you are ok with on line ordering, I highly recommend powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Splendor. It tastes like chocolate milk. I mix mine with 8 oz of skim milk for a total of 29 grams of protein. I have this for Breakfast about 3 times a week. The rest of the time I will make my protein through eggs, poultry, nuts, & cheese.

The whole reason I had surgery was my PCOS was placing me at the start of all those dreaded diseases, hypertension and diabetes. I am 35 and in love and didn't want my weight to control my life, so I told PCOS to screw it. ;). 6 wks after surgery I was taken off all my medication. 3 months after my obi-gyn tested my PCOS blood work and found my testosterone levels normal and my insulin right of the edge of normal. I almost cried right there on the phone with the nurse. I still have work to do, and another 45 pounds to go! But I plan on reversing my PCOS!

Oh! And if you ever need to vent PCOS frustration shoot me a message! ;)

Oh! And if you ever need to vent PCOS frustration shoot me a message! ;)

Lmao, i do get frustrated at times, but you gave me hope of it going away!!! thank you hun <3