Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sometimes I Hate Food :(

I am starting to really hate food more and more. What to eat? Will it make me feel sick? Will I be stuffed and miserable afterwards?

I am completely off program and have lost my direction. I also miss just sitting down to a meal and enjoying it instead of a few bites then discomfort. Help!

Hi Suzjag... I am sorry that you are feeling this way. You are looking at the sleeve as a negative instrument. It is a wonderful tool. I am pleased every time it stops me from eating what I want. If it dd not, it wouldn't be doing it's job. You have lost 40 lbs...that is wonderful, could you have done it without he sleeve in such a short time? I too can think of a couple times I was subject to the sleeve not letting me have what I wanted. I was eating chips and salsa both times. I could have eaten until I passed out, but the sleeve put the brakes on and warned me first before that uncomfortable feeling. I always get a runny nose when I have hit the full mark. I use that as my gage before the uncomfortable, stuffed feeling comes on. I am just 10 months out, but hope this is a life time tool. I hope you can learn to see this in a positive way. I am off of blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds and find my life so much more enhanced by the ability to fit in and have the energy to do what I want. Good luck to you.

I do see it as a positive. I just get frustrated at times.

I need to make an observation though. It seems like many of us are unwilling to look at some of the harsher realities of being sleeved. Yes I am thrilled with my weight loss and being sleeved. I am also frustrated at some of the aspects of being sleeved.

Mainly wanted to vent and see if others ever feel the same. You noticed I said sometimes I hate "food" not my sleeve. Anyway thanks for the encouragement. :)

How far out are you? I felt that way for the first couple of months, but now I'm happy again. I can eat a little more than I could early out (still not much) and I've learned my limit so that I don't stuff myself and become uncomfortable. I think time makes a big difference. Hang in there!

Thanks echick. I'm 3+ months out and I know the stage you're at. I'm somewhat beyond that and am just so off track probably that I continue to be frustrated day to day. I am kinda all over the place with what I'm eating. I'm not being as disciplined as I was and its bothering me a lot.

Im just so excited to get where all of you are. My surgery is in two days and I love hearing how well it is working for you all. Good luck.

I am starting to really hate food more and more. What to eat? Will it make me feel sick? Will I be stuffed and miserable afterwards?

I am completely off program and have lost my direction. I also miss just sitting down to a meal and enjoying it instead of a few bites then discomfort. Help!

I completely understand what you mean... I am 8 weeks post op that 2+ months and am down 53lbs which i really appreciate and am sooo chuffed about it but i do miss not necessarily food but being able to sit down at the dinner table and eat without fear of feeling soo uncomfortable also being the first to finish my meal and watch others eat because am dobe 10 mins into my meal and can physically take no more bites... The thought of food makes me shiver sometimes because I do not know how my body will react.. Will it stay up my throat or will it be a slider?? But that control i have now and the benefits of wearing smaller clothes outweighs any other feeling and with time i realised food was an addictiin for me... When i was happy i ate when i was sad i ate when i was in a normal mood i ate and ate...thats why i was at 338lbs... I am trying to revert myself to the original reason mankind ate food.. To fuel the body i realise i do not need all those sit down meals i always had and even with family if i ate a bit slower and talked more during the meal we finished at almost the same time... My friend is one year post op and she tells me it does get easier and after 6mths your stomach may strech a tad bit more although never to the orginal size touch wood.... So i understand your frustration and thats why this forum is there for us all... To vent at our life struggles with the sleeve and for encouragment so vent on!!

Im just so excited to get where all of you are. My surgery is in two days and I love hearing how well it is working for you all. Good luck.

Hi my surgery yesterday arty lost about 5 pounds did not do good on my preop at all or probably would've lost more. Still in the hospital and definitely having a hard time trying to get enough liquids down like they want just really silly they're only asking me to drink 30cc so 2 old And I'm so full. The weird thing is I really am still wanting food food today but I know nothing Would fit in my stomach if I tried at this point. I'm beginning to understand how everyone fills my doctor today said 80 pounds in six months that's so hard to imagine. Time will tell good luck to all of you

OP what do you consider "harsher realities" of the sleeve surgery. Did you not research first and get all the information needed. It is I guess unfortunate that your eating habits will be changed permanently for the rest of your life. There is no turning back now. Try to get back on track with your eating plan and realize that this is it for you for the rest of your life. I know it can be hard but look at the rewards it will bring you. I wish you the best, you can do it!