Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I just left ER and found out that I have gall stones. Which they say is common in wls Pts and also rapid weightloss. So now I have to have another surgery. Smh just thought I'd let u all be aware, those of u that didn't kno like myself. But now the problem is ...idk what the hell to eat how.

I just had mine taken out about 2 weeks ago...I was sleeved in December. Stay away from greasy, fatty and fried foods... Eat clean! Baked, grilled or broiled!

So I just left ER and found out that I have gall stones. Which they say is common in wls Pts and also rapid weightloss. So now I have to have another surgery. Smh just thought I'd let u all be aware' date=' those of u that didn't kno like myself. But now the problem is ...idk what the hell to eat how.[/quote']

Bummer! Do you think the stones were from the high dairy consumed post-op? I feel bad for you, hun. I know another surgery is the last thing on my mind -at least for a while! When is your surgery? You are in my prayers!

I have gallstones as well. Apple juice every morning helps keep them at bay. I still am not certain that its my gall bladder causing my pain. I am starting to think its Food/pills that I eat. I notice that after 3-4 hours after the pain starts its eleviated with gasx strips and 3 advil. They automatically wanted to opt for surgery. I said hell no. Theres another way by taking meds to break them down. They said what if they come back. I laughed and said I am almost done losing so its not continual. The stones were caused from the weightloss itself not its almost over so as of right now I am looking for a doc to prescribe me those meds

My ultrasound said that I had a few stones. But they were small.

My surgeon, same who did my sleeve, said my gallbladder looked like a bag of marbles....it was completely stoned. I didn't have pain long, started on Thursday & I was hospitalized on Friday. It was unbearable. I can't imagine just treating with meds. I'd suggest just getting it out to avoid future attacks or more stones. I was back at work after a week.

My surgeon' date=' same who did my sleeve, said my gallbladder looked like a bag of marbles....it was completely stoned. I didn't have pain long, started on Thursday & I was hospitalized on Friday. It was unbearable. I can't imagine just treating with meds. I'd suggest just getting it out to avoid future attacks or more stones. I was back at work after a week.[/quote']

A bag of stones is very different from a few. If they would have said something like that then that might have been an option.

A bag of stones is very different from a few. If they would have said something like that then that might have been an option.

True! My severe pain came from stones poking my liver & pancreas, so I was really hurting. He didn't tell me how bad it was until after he had taken it out so even after X-rays, ultrasounds & an MRI they couldn't tell the severity until they removed it.

Understood. How are you now?

I'm great! My surgery was actually 10/24 so that's more than 2 weeks ago....initially I had the gas just like with sleeve removal, then I had diarrhea but it's common after removal...sorry if that's tmi lol...but my system has stabilized now so I'm all good! Thanks for asking :)

I'm great! My surgery was actually 10/24 so that's more than 2 weeks ago....initially I had the gas just like with sleeve removal' date=' then I had diarrhea but it's common after removal...sorry if that's tmi lol...but my system has stabilized now so I'm all good! Thanks for asking :)[/quote']

Congrats. I have heard about ghost pains after surgery. If you come across this could you get back with me on this. I would definitely like your take on that. God forbid that happens though.

Have a good one ;)

I had my gallbladder out 6 weeks after I had my sleeve surgery. It was nothing that I did wrong or ate too much of. It just happens w WLS. I have had no side affects and no issues with my bowels. I'm happy to have it out! GB attacks really HURT and they can do damage if one gets stuck in a bile duct.