Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Decembersleevers

My date is Dec 3rd. I'm so afraid and excited. I wish I could just get this over with. I'm mostly afraid of the pain after the surgery which is crazy because I had twins with no epideral. I'm also worried of extra skin' date=' I have about 100lbs to loose. Then again I'm so excited that I can work out and play with my kids without being out of breath. I feel like I'm going to chicken out sometimes. I feel overwhelmed sometimes. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.[/quote']

I'm dec 3 too and I have all those same fears you do. Glad not alone. :).

Hello everyone!!!! I will be sleeved December 7th~ I am believe I sent Kim a message requesting to be added to the fb group~ I'm excited, nervous and a bit anxious!!!! Ready to be on the losers bench~}}}}

T~

In regards to the pre-op diet... At my last Nut meeting in October, she (my nut) told me that I would have to do 1 week pre-op diet... When I met with the Surgeon he said I wouldn't need it... Now I am confused. I know the surgeon knows best... But I also know it wouldn't HURT for me to do the pre-op diet for at least a week... I was planning to do it for 2 weeks... Anything to help prepare right??? So I am going to start slow. On Wed (11/28) I am starting to do protien shakes for Breakfast and I will eat a lean cusine for lunch and Protien and Veggies for dinner. Starting Monday (12/3) I will start the diet given to me by the Nut which is shake for breakfast and lunch yougurt or fruit as a snack if desired and protien and veggies for dinner.

Im scheduled for surgery on 12/5 and I am experiencing incredible axiety. So much that I actually considered cancelling my surgery altogether! I have been perfectly fine with my decision up to this point. To top it off I have zero family support. My daughters and my hubby are totally against me doing this. I am freaked out beyond words right now, and surgery is right around the corner. :unsure:

Dec 6 here, just 10 more days! I'm feeling all of the same emotions, scared, excited, doubtful, and grateful for the chance. It's going to be one heck of a ride!

Im scheduled for surgery on 12/5 and I am experiencing incredible axiety. So much that I actually considered cancelling my surgery altogether! I have been perfectly fine with my decision up to this point. To top it off I have zero family support. My daughters and my hubby are totally against me doing this. I am freaked out beyond words right now, and surgery is right around the corner. :unsure:

Sweety I'm so sorry u feeling this way and with no support at home. That just makes it so much harder. Just remember you have our support, whatever you decide. You aren't alone. If u want to text send me a private message. Hugs!!

I am now a December sleever. My date is December 3, just one week away. Hating my preop diet, but also excited. I was originally an August sleever but had to reschedule due to an infection.

Thanks so much, that means a lot. I hope it gets better, I don't want be stressed out on surgery day, seems like being stressed could cause complications or maybe I’m just overreacting.

I am also 3 days into my pre-op diet. I am to have 2 shakes to replace 2 of my meals and one meal either lunch or supper I am allowed 4 oz of meat with one cup of veggies. I agree that this has been so hard!! The first day was horrible and I hate to admit that I chested a bit. I am so trying to stay strong now!! My date is December 6!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So, it looks like we are close in dates..I'm Dec. 7. Would be nice to stay in touch. Tonight I cheated a litle on the pre-op and ate 1 cup of sweet potato instead of 1/2 cup. Then I looked up the calories..ugh! I never would have balked at that before. So odd.

So when u guys are struggling with sticking to the pre-op diet what do u do. Granted I know we are all on different diets. Mine is pretty strict and I am struggling with being totally faithful! Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So today was the first day of my pre op diet. I found that pinterest was really helpful to take my mind off of food stuff when I got home from work. There are so many cute holiday crafts that don't include food. I could try and make something nice for friends and family. It's a cool distraction.

Okay all!! am finishing up my first pre-op diet day. I now feel I am really part of the "group"!! Here is to the next couple of weeks countdown to the 10th! Blessings and luck to us all!!! Tara

In regards to the pre-op diet... At my last Nut meeting in October, she (my nut) told me that I would have to do 1 week pre-op diet... When I met with the Surgeon he said I wouldn't need it... Now I am confused. I know the surgeon knows best... But I also know it wouldn't HURT for me to do the pre-op diet for at least a week... I was planning to do it for 2 weeks... Anything to help prepare right??? So I am going to start slow. On Wed (11/28) I am starting to do protien shakes for Breakfast and I will eat a lean cusine for lunch and Protien and Veggies for dinner. Starting Monday (12/3) I will start the diet given to me by the Nut which is shake for breakfast and lunch yougurt or fruit as a snack if desired and protien and veggies for dinner.< /p>

Okay but don't beat yourself up if you don't hold to your plan. Just aim for holding to what the surgeon said. That is the gold standard, what your doctor told you. That is the person who is going in there and doing the task. Remember this is going to be a process and this site is going to be great support for you while you are going through it.