Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Decembersleevers

Im scheduled for surgery on 12/5 and I am experiencing incredible axiety. So much that I actually considered cancelling my surgery altogether! I have been perfectly fine with my decision up to this point. To top it off I have zero family support. My daughters and my hubby are totally against me doing this. I am freaked out beyond words right now, and surgery is right around the corner. :unsure:

I am sorry your family is acting this way. You have come this far and this will greatly help your health. Do what is best for you ( your health) and that will be what is best for your family. Perhaps they will eventually 'get it' but remember it is like on an air plane, they tell you put the oxygen mask on yourself and then your family members, if you don't, you pass out and no one gets oxygen. If you don't take care of your health now, how will your family manage in the future?

Put all the things in place you will need for after surgery. Get a friend lined up to come over and help you or that you can call on if your family won't be positive help post-op. Know that eventually you will be feeling better and able to do so many things you can't do now. Eventually they will see the 'new you'. Change is hard for us and hard for those we love but this is change for the better. Know the forum is here when you need it~!

I am so excited my preop liquids starts 12/4 with surgery on 12/19. So glad to soon get this started. I know it will be challenging but we have to remember that WE ARE SO SO WORTH IT!!!

Hello everyone, I am now joining the December Sleevers!! I got approved yesterday and think I am going to have my surgery the 19th!!

I am scheduled for 12/12/12 and I can absolutely relate to everything everyone is saying here. Anxious, excited, nervous, scared, excited, numb and then there are moments when it just doesn't even feel real and that something will happen at the last minute that will prevent me from being able to have it done.

I keep having these horrible thoughts that the surgeon will cancel, that I wont be able to lose the pre-op weight, that I will chicken out etc etc etc. Luckily everyone is very supportive except for the fact that my Mom is envious and speaks about it often and my husband keeps making comments that I'm going to lose all the weight, get fake boobs, my college degree and then leave him. Makes me wanna scream sometimes!! But other than that I only feel like I have a slight case of multiple personality disorder lol

Is anyone else tired on their preop diet? Any suggestions?

I am totally tired of the pre-op diet but I just keep reminding myself each moment of why i am doing this. I also had a great conversation this evening with a colleague who is a gastroenterologist surgeon. I very much trust his opinion and thoughts as a friend and colleague. I wondered if this pre-op diet truly made a difference and he said that is definitely does and to stick with it no matter what. He reminded me that it will be over soon. Eating has become a routine thing for me now..same thing each day. I ignore others who eat, change the TV channel is I see food and do my best to find other stuff to do. I have completed my 5th day today - down 6 pounds as of this morning.

My son and I will be in December, but still waiting for the date. Our files are just being submitted to insurance so we just have to wait for them to decide.

I am so excited my preop liquids starts 12/4 with surgery on 12/19. So glad to soon get this started. I know it will be challenging but we have to remember that WE ARE SO SO WORTH IT!!!

My surgery date is also set for 12/19!! I'm so nervous, yet ready to start this new journey in my life.. Good luck to you!! Not sure when my liquid diet will begin, but I'm getting more & more anxious!!

I am totally tired of the pre-op diet but I just keep reminding myself each moment of why i am doing this. I also had a great conversation this evening with a colleague who is a gastroenterologist surgeon. I very much trust his opinion and thoughts as a friend and colleague. I wondered if this pre-op diet truly made a difference and he said that is definitely does and to stick with it no matter what. He reminded me that it will be over soon. Eating has become a routine thing for me now..same thing each day. I ignore others who eat' date=' change the TV channel is I see food and do my best to find other stuff to do. I have completed my 5th day today - down 6 pounds as of this morning.[/quote']

Thank you so much for that!! I was so exhausted at work today! I'm just trying to keep my eyes on the prize and to be kind to myself.

Thank you so much for that!! I was so exhausted at work today! I'm just trying to keep my eyes on the prize and to be kind to myself.

Try taking some ginseng its great for energy....:^)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

Just had some upsetting news yesterday. :(. Called my insurance to check on my status on my claim and I was told that they hadn't received any paper work. My doctors office was supposed to submit it on November 20. Called my doctors off and when they returned my call they said the fax didn't go through. So now was on my pre-op diet and have to do an extra week of it. :(

Just had some upsetting news yesterday. :(. Called my insurance to check on my status on my claim and I was told that they hadn't received any paper work. My doctors office was supposed to submit it on November 20. Called my doctors off and when they returned my call they said the fax didn't go through. So now was on my pre-op diet and have to do an extra week of it. :(

Oh that is terrible! Just a head's up, I called my insurance company a couple of days after my claim was submitted to check on the status. I think I read about doing that somewhere on the forum. I kept a log of the times I called and who I talked to. So I knew it was accepted and what stage it was in being processed. I found out I was approved before my doctor's office did and before anyone got the letters. The insurance was very nice about telling me. So if you call, are polite, they will tell you the status ( received, processed, etc).

I am so sorry this happened to you! Please don't be discouraged. Call your doctor's office, ask to speak to the insurance manager and see if they can put a rush on it or something because of the error. Be polite but firm.

Oh that is terrible! Just a head's up' date=' I called my insurance company a couple of days after my claim was submitted to check on the status. I think I read about doing that somewhere on the forum. I kept a log of the times I called and who I talked to. So I knew it was accepted and what stage it was in being processed. I found out I was approved before my doctor's office did and before anyone got the letters. The insurance was very nice about telling me. So if you call, are polite, they will tell you the status ( received, processed, etc).

I am so sorry this happened to you! Please don't be discouraged. Call your doctor's office, ask to speak to the insurance manager and see if they can put a rush on it or something because of the error. Be polite but firm. [/quote']

How long did it take you to get the approval?

How long did it take you to get the approval?

I was approved in a week, praise God! It was to be faxed on a Thursday or Friday. I called on Tuesday and insurance said they had received it on Monday. I figured that means it was printed out and recorded in my file as they got it on that day. I called on Wed and they said it was being processed. Yes, I was obsessing, lol. I called late on Thursday and they said it was approved.

But that is what I mean about just checking on the status of it. I think I read it on a forum about insurance here.