Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Decembersleevers

I know I'm a little late...but just found this post. I was sleeved on Dec. 7th.

?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

Just have a couple more days before my surgery. I'm so excited!!!! Just can't seem to come fast enough. :)

Good luck Cathy!!!

In time for Good Will, The Salvation Army & local shelters to benefit. I'm like ok my biggest pair of jeans started falling off me last week....I'm not dying to go shopping but when I see (8) I'll ve eager to shop. Believe 10-12 live in my closets. I could be content at that size but goal is to hit single digit & lose at least a Century mark.

I'm a bit nervous because now I'm all out of reasons & excuses for why I'm hanging on to all these clothes. I will never fit again that's to my new tummy! So I think I'm going to clear out everytging too big. Then get rid of items weekly. Sounds like a good plan...I'm off to the main closet!

Mine is the 12-17, keep me posted. How does it feel?

Just had my surgery on 12/12/12. first few days are the worst is what they told me - and they were right. having a hard time keeping Water or anything down, i'll feel not that bad in the afternoon and then all the sudden feel terrible, but walking has helped with the gas pains and the stiffness. best of luck to you all!

Just had my surgery on 12/12/12. first few days are the worst is what they told me - and they were right. having a hard time keeping Water or anything down' date=' i'll feel not that bad in the afternoon and then all the sudden feel terrible, but walking has helped with the gas pains and the stiffness. best of luck to you all![/quote']

Hi Liz. I felt the same way. The weakness in the afternoon was not only disheartening but depressing. Drink as much as you can tolerate and walk after. I still fall sound asleep for two to tree hours at a stretch, and I always seemed to feel like I have made a little step in recovering. Easy Does It!!!! We already took the big step, we just have to be patient and listen to our bodies until we get to the destination we choose.

Errrr.... How do I code this to avoid gross out... I have been on wheel of fortune for one week, and Vanna hasn't moved a bowel yet! ( One Week ?!?!? Normal ? Adnormal ? ....growing concerned.)

Errrr.... How do I code this to avoid gross out... I have been on wheel of fortune for one week, and Vanna hasn't moved a bowel yet! ( One Week ?!?!? Normal ? Adnormal ? ....growing concerned.)

Call your doctor or check the information they gave you. Mine gave us a book that said if you hadn't gone by day 4 post op, to use Milk of Magnesia. Now word of warning, you have been on liquids and if you use that you could have a classic moment that is referred to by the phrase about a substance through a goose....... My book also said loose bowels could happen for 10 days. But the concern is that if you are using pain meds after a procedure, you could have a bowel obstruction, so they want to make sure you 'get things flowing' so you don't have a problem. While this isn't a pleasant topic, it can lead to major problems if ignored after many surgeries.

Call your doctor or check the information they gave you. Mine gave us a book that said if you hadn't gone by day 4 post op, to use Milk of Magnesia. Now word of warning, you have been on liquids and if you use that you could have a classic moment that is referred to by the phrase about a substance through a goose....... My book also said loose bowels could happen for 10 days. But the concern is that if you are using pain meds after a procedure, you could have a bowel obstruction, so they want to make sure you 'get things flowing' so you don't have a problem. While this isn't a pleasant topic, it can lead to major problems if ignored after many surgeries.

*By the goose comment, meant to say that after you take the Milk of Magnesia, it might take a while for it to work but once it does, whoa Nellie! But you have to get things moving or you can have a problem.

*By the goose comment' date=' meant to say that after you take the Milk of Magnesia, it might take a while for it to work but once it does, whoa Nellie! But you have to get things moving or you can have a problem.[/quote']

Thank you Lilac: not only has Vanna FINALLY moved a bowel, but Pat threw in an all expense paid afternoon to the loo too!!

Thank you Lilac: not only has Vanna FINALLY moved a bowel, but Pat threw in an all expense paid afternoon to the loo too!!

Glad things are flowing. Hope your vacation at the loo isn't too extensive and you can get back to your regular routine. The book I have says loose bowels can last ten days. After my Milk of Magnesia vacation, I didn't have a big problem with that.

I was sleeved on the 12th too and it feels like I haven't slowed down once. I've been back to work several shifts and a double shift already, cooking, cleaning, shopping and taking care of my babies.

I have been managing pain with a half dose of lortab once a day or so... Sometimes by the end of the say I'm really in pain. food sucks lol so I'm not pushing it. Especially since I'm not even getting my fluids all in yet so im not rushing off to semi solids.

Just found out that we have lost our insurance too because my husband's work would have been fined huge to keep anthem so they dropped it. It's a relatively small business and they are being dragged over the coals with all the new taxes and insurance mandates... They just can't keep up so now, less than 3 weeks out, I've lost ALL my doctors and surgeon and now have to switch to kaiser... Whom I hate with a passion.