Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Yesterday!

I had my surgery yesterday (11/15/12). Finally, it feels like I waited forever. It didn't help that my surgery had to be rescheduled because of hurricaine Sandy. I am so happy that I am done and can't wait to start losing the punds. I don't feel too miserable either. Though I was in extreme pain and very nauseated when they first woke me up. Now I have a patient controlled pain pump which is AWESOME! The drain is painful and that is what hurts the worst. No more nausea since they gave me shot of phenergan and the ice chips have helped a lot for the dry mouth. The only thing I am worried about is that I am really going to miss eating. Obviously, I love eating and I am an emotional eater, and not being able to do that anymore scares me. But I will think positively and I know once the weight starts coming off, I won't miss eating. This is what my cousin, whom also had the same surgry about a year ago, told me and I would like to know if my fellow sleevers feel this way too.

I got my surgery yesterday the 14th. Since we're both so new let's stay in touch and support one another? I'm also an emotional eater and I think you're absolutely right, we won't miss food once the weight starts falling off. I've been really hungry or it could be thirst but it feels like hunger. What are you sipping on? I'm sipping Water, Isopure, and broth so far. I'll be glad when this hungry feeling goes away...

My name is Maia and I think that is a wonderful idea. I know I can use all of the support I can get and I like the fact that we would be going through the same things at the same time. I'm really hungary right now too, it's been over 24 hours since I had something to eat or drink. They are allowing me to suck on ice chips though. The ice helps but not nearly as satisfying as a good meal. lol. They said tomorrow I should be able to start on a clear liquid diet. Anyway, here is my e-mail address so we can stay in touch. nurse_maia@yahoo.com, feel free to ask me anything. .

Hi! I was sleeved on 11/12. I would live to stay in contact with you girls So that we can share our day to day experiences! Does anyone have GroupMe Chat?

I would want to stay in touch with you too. I need all the support I can get. I feel lousy today, no sleep here in the hospital, I'm in pain and feel sick to my stomach. I want to go home. I've only been here 2 day but it feels like forever. Just e- mail me if you have any questions

Hey Ladies,

Diamond, welcome and it would be nice to have you, let's stay in touch and support one another as well. Maia, why do they have you in the hospital so long? I'm so sorry to hear your in pain! You shouldn't be, they should be loading you up with meds until your comfortable. They can also give you something for the nausea and to help you sleep. When do you get to go home honey? I hope soon. We're here for you! My biggest issue is gas, too much of it and it's a challenge to get it out. I'm still hungry but I'm sticking to Clear Liquids, wish me luck...

Hi! I was sleeved on 11/12. I would live to stay in contact with you girls So that we can share our day to day experiences! Does anyone have GroupMe Chat?

I don't have GroupMe chat, is it something we need to download?

I don't have GroupMe chat' date=' is it something we need to download?[/quote']

Thanks so much! I think it's something worth getting! It's like group texting

Hey ladies I could use the support also. I was sleeeved on the 14th. Rough couple of days to start with but I'm finally feeling somewhat human again. I had horrible nausea and pain the first two days. Now I'm home and my incision pain is still pretty bad, lots of pulling and feels like I got stabbed. But I'm able to have full liquids now. Just having first Protein Shake and I feel more normal today. Also was able to finally find a comfy position and sleep a full night last night! It's getting easier day by day. Would love the support of some people who are going through the same stuff!

I came home today. Still having some pain and nausea. I just want to feel normal again. How do I add all of you to my friend list and how to I get group chat? I really appreciate all of the support and it's nice to know that I am not alone. My family is great but they don't know how I feel. So glad that there are people out there that feel the same as me.

I can't tell if I am hungary or not. All day I can feel and hear my stomach secreating digestive juices. It makes me think I am hungary but I just don't know. All I can do is take little bites throughout the day.

I got my surgery yesterday the 14th. Since we're both so new let's stay in touch and support one another? I'm also an emotional eater and I think you're absolutely right' date=' we won't miss food once the weight starts falling off. I've been really hungry or it could be thirst but it feels like hunger. What are you sipping on? I'm sipping Water, Isopure, and broth so far. I'll be glad when this hungry feeling goes away...[/quote']

Had surgery on the 14th. I feel like I have been starving ever since. So disappointed since I was looking forward to that full feeling. I'm not getting full after I eat. I'm starting to think that maybe something didn't go right. Waiting to call my doctor in the morning..

I read the paperwork that I was given at D/C and it said that if you don't get enough Protein throughout the day it can lead to a constant feeling of being hungary. It can also cause the nearly constant feeling of your stomach releasing digestive enzymes. Since I am so fresh out of surgery, and I know I have not eaten enough protein during the day, I think that is what caused my problem. Not enough protein could be the cause of your problem too. Protein is supposed to keep us feeling full for a long time. I hope that is the root of your problem because that is an easy fix. Good luck, and keep me posted. I am interested in what your Dr. says. We all need some extra support during this time and everyone on here has been a wonderful support system. Feel free to ask me any questions, I want to see all of us reach our goals.