Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i feel like crap right now. i feel i dont even have the surgery done, i feel like a failure and dont know why. im up and down with emotions about this dang surgery. i feel like im going to fail at this like every other diet attempt. i am at work and i feel like screaming. i just dont feel like im losing. i expected not to have a loss this week because last week i lost 4lbs and my dr said it will be up and down it frustrates me that i dont see a loss of weight this week. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Is the up and own only a female issue? I read about it all the time from females on the forum. However, why would it not happen to guys as we have hormones too trapped in the stored fat? I never experienced the ups and down so far. Either neutral or up. Maybe it also varies from person to person based on psychological states rather then body compositions. Not sure. What do others think?

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I have read that the emotional rollercoaster happens a lot as you lose so much fat and release the estrogen stored in your fat cells (I don't know why it doesn't happen to guys as much--maybe testosterone counteracts it? maybe women are just more conditioned to be in tune with our emotions? I'm just speculating, really no clue). How long ago did you have your surgery? I have also read a lot about the 3-week stall and I know to expect other stalls along the way. Keep in mind that even though you might not be losing pounds, you're probably still losing inches. The body takes time to recompose itself. I know it's easier said than done, but try to stay focused on the positive--you've lost 29# already! Try to look at your non-scale victories and know that more loss will come. Wishing you great success!

Hi again,

Another member (Butterthebean) has a link in his signature about stalls after WLS, so I thought I would share it here. It's very informative and I hope it helps to give you some insight and comfort: http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Newgrandmother I am going to be a little harsh with you but have read some of your other posts. The issue may be your food choices: your diet is high carb, you are eating junk(sun chips) yes they are junk food. chicken wings for lunch, full of fat and calories. I think that we had our surgeries around the same time. Get back to basics and follow a high Protein, low carb regimen. No junk Snacks, no non protein snacks. Eat around 600-800 calories, I found if I eat too many I actually will gain weight. I have invested too much not to be successful. You had the surgery to lose the weight for good!! YOU CAN do this!!

All the best!!

Amazon. i had sun chips one time. and my diet is approved by my nut, with whom i spoke to today and she says i am doing great and no red flags. she said that average weight loss for sleeve is 30 lbs in 3 months and ive lost 29 and doing well. so as long as my nut and dr say i am doing good than i feel a lot better. thank you for your concern and knowledge. :) p.s im glad you read my post B) oh and my carb intake is under 100 my nut said i can do 120. its funny how each plan and dr are so differant.

thanks icon

amazon. i had sun chips one time. and my diet is approved by my nut' date=' with whom i spoke to today and she says i am doing great and no red flags. she said that average weight loss for sleeve is 30 lbs in 3 months and ive lost 29 and doing well. so as long as my nut and dr say i am doing good than i feel a lot better. thank you for your concern and knowledge. :) p.s im glad you read my post B) oh and my carb intake is under 100 my nut said i can do 120. its funny how each plan and dr are so differant.

thanks icon[/quote']

Oooh I know that emotional roller coaster. seems like once a week I have a day like that. I have decided to let it happen. I cry and lfeel sorry for myself. I text my BFF and tell her I made a mistake and I ruined my life. She tells me it will get better and sure enough, it does. So hang in there. It will get easier, you can do it!

ailly thank you so much. i do feel better since i spoke to my nut.

ailly thank you so much. i do feel better since i spoke to my nut.

Sometimes just talking about it with someone can make a world of difference.