Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some help! I'm cheating

Good morning all... Sorry I have been quiet the last few days. I went out of town for the holiday. I hope everyone had a good one as well. Thanks again for all of the support and advice. This morning I stated my new regiment of Atkins shakes for Breakfast instead of my typical eggs, sausage and salsa. I am also going to start making better choices in terms of my lunch. I am hoping to start walking today as well after work. I figure at least a mile to start. The main thing is that I am going to start watching my calorie/ carb intake. If anyone has any better insight let me know. I may not answer your replies as often as I would like (due to being at work ). But, I do read the forum throughout the day.

Thanks again to everyone in the forum. You all are a great inspiration. I hope to make new friends here.

-Roy

Hi Roy

Sounds like you have a great attitude and thats half the battle. Better food choices will help tremendously. have you ever tried fitday.com? It is acalorie tracking program and it really lets you see how much you have been eating. It tracks your Protein, fat, carbs, and calories. It does help. I wish you success on your new regimen .

You took the words right out of my mouth! Fitday is the best and helped me a ton. I don't think anything sounds wrong with eggs, sausage and salsa for Breakfast. I was drinking the Slimfast type shakes and those had a whopping 230 calories! At least your eggs would be more filling. I love those morningstar vegetarian sausages and they only have 80 calories per patty and a ton of Fiber. For about the same calories as my drink, I could either have 1 egg and 2 vegetarian sausages or 2 eggs and 1 vegetarian sausage. They really do taste good. I am not a vegetarian but my dad was most of my childhood so I got the best of both worlds. Good luck, Teresa

Wow- what an attitude adjustment!!! You're thread started out with lots of negative self talk, and now, taking small but steady steps- look at how much better you feel about yourself. That, my friend, is the best victory.

You are on your way. You will stumble, as I did on the fourth of july (never again will I make sweet chex mix for everyone...I think I ate half of it myself! I'm bringing something I DON'T like next time) but the best part about the band is it won't let you down. You can be right back at it at any moment you choose. And when you find your sweet spot (it does exist, don't loose faith) you'll be amazed at how little you need.

You rock, and just wait and see how much better you feel after a week of making good choices, walking, and being kind to yourself.

Way to go!!!

Megan

I am going in today for another fill. I have had 3 fills so far. I don't remember the amounts that were put in. Shouldn't the doctor do fluoroscopy to ensure the fill is going in correctly? He has never done that. He just puts it in and goes.

-Roy

Roy, how are you doing today? I hope this is the fill that works for you. My dr. does blind fills also. I haven't gotten one yet. Are you able to walk some? Just start out gradual and build up. The more weight you are able to lose should also help alleviate your back pain. Can these discs be surgically corrected? I know it's very hot and humid here. I try to tell myself the sweat is just more gunk getting out of my body. Best of luck to you!

ROY!!

I don't know why, but I just realized you had your surgery in Austin by Dr. Fass. He assisted my surgery in April of 2003 with Dr. Dillawn. WOW!! Are you a member of the Centexbandsters?

If not, you need to be.... We meet, or I should say , they meet, once a month at Logans Roadhouse on Frontera road.(I think) I don't live there, and the one time I got to go my sister took me. But I had wanted to go this month. It should be next Wednesday if I am not mistaken. Hey, let me know if you are a member, and if not, if you want to be and I will tell you how to do it . I have been cheating so bad lately. Drinking Beer, eating ice cream and blizzards and you name it. I need a fill, but I think I have an ulcer and I have been drinking my calories because food nearly kills me. So I have only lost 6 lbs in the last 4 months. I am readly to kick start this again. We can do it together. Just chatting about what we eat and knowing someone else is reading it makes me want to do better. I feel kinda like I know you already.... Hope you email me ..<sascijo@yahoo.com> As far as that goes, anyone can email me.

Terry Evans

Dr. Dillawn 4-8-04

297/208/ ? depends on if I quit cheating

You can go to the Centexbandster website and look at the photos. I have a lot of them there that show my journey. The

pictures are what keep me going... Wow... I was fat. I do look better, but am not there yet.

Hi Terry,

I know where Logan's is. I go there quite a bit with my wife. I am not a member of CentexBandsters. I will have to join from home. My access to the site is blocked here at work.

-Roy

I thought my band would have given up on me after my long camping trip. Certain things work better for some people, and my savior is a morning Protein shake instead of food. Once I start my day chewing, food is too near to my brain, so the shake works wonders for me. Also, some people can drink with meals or soon after, but I need a good hour before and after drinking before eating, otherwise my band is wide open and doesn't work well. Making shakes while camping would be too much hassle, so I brought Protein Bars for b-fast. But I never ate one! All those smells got the better of me. But my problem was drinking and eating... I was in the middle of the desert and drank gallons per day, so waiting the hour before/after liquids didn't happen. Plus, I planned on doing a healthy, sober, hiking, climbing trip and packed tons of Water, OJ & Gatorade... not a single drop of booze in our coolers. However, we blew a tire on the highway, got lost, couldn't find a campsite, found out the rivers we were going to use were dried up, lost hubby's gold band, etc., my hair was standing on end and I was a nervous wreck. So when we found the last campsite on earth, that bottle of wine in the camp store ended up in my hands. Within a few hours I drank most of the bottle, but I drank so much Water that I didn't feel buzzed.

Then hubby started drinking my favorite, which is non-alcoholic beer. That used to be my drink of choice, but I can't have carbonation, so now I'm hooked on Bloody Marys or White Zin. But Virgin Marys are gross. I need a non-carbonated non-alcoholic beer! HELP!

My whole point is that between gallons of water and cocktails, I never felt hungry so I ate very little all day. Then by 9pm, I'd realiz I needed food, so I'd eat stuff I haven't had since pre-band. I ate an entire can of nuts in 2 days. Nachos, chips, pork rinds! And never at meal times, just "whenever."

So I figured I'd be in big band trouble today, but I'm pretty restricted and passed on my morning shake. I brought one of the leftover Protein Bars and it's after 10:00 a.m. but my band says NO. So, after my abusive weekend, looks like I'm getting another chance. Thank God. Thank Inamed. Thank you all!

And I'm dead tired so I hope my writing/spelling makes some sense.

I forgot to mention how weird the desert is when it comes to drinking liquids. You drink 2 gallons, but only a few ounces come out once or twice a day. It's so dry that you don't even feel your body perspiring, but the gallons you drink magically leave your body through your skin. Just an odd tidbit I wanted to share. I'm back to work in an air-conditioned office so my Water is working normally again & running back & forth to tinkle!