Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you so much, I am from Canada as well thats why I was curious. I am scheduled for January 9. Staying at an all inclusive as it was cheaper for me to do that then pay all the extras for my friend that is accompanying me. Just the flights would of been pretty close to the all inclusive which had way better direct flights. Getting excited but cant shake the nervousness. Haha!

Thank you so much, I am from Canada as well thats why I was curious. I am scheduled for January 9. Staying at an all inclusive as it was cheaper for me to do that then pay all the extras for my friend that is accompanying me. Just the flights would of been pretty close to the all inclusive which had way better direct flights. Getting excited but cant shake the nervousness. Haha!

Oh ok, that's exciting!!! Are you seeing Dr Joya as well?

Yes I leave here in January 7 and have surgery officially booked as of today (yay) for January 9.

Oh my, less than two weeks away. The anticipation is crazy. Except for the fact that I have been sick for the last week and have now lost my voice. Can't believe it's coming so fast.

Absolutely!!! I am looking forward to it. Those what ifs keep popping up in my mind. Positive everything will be fine and I will be fine. It's like the closer I get the more nervous I get and then my mind wonders again. So I look forward to starting this new journey knowing that I will be just fine.

Hi I'm new to this site.

Trying to decide on a Dr. for VSG surgery. I am Canadian too and am a little apprehensive about going to Mexico for surgery. I am leaning toward Dr. Joya right now. What was it about Dr. Joya that ultimately made you decide to use him?

I have Dr's Joya, Alvarez and Dr. Aceves on my short list.

BTW I will be travelling alone too (scary)

I went with dr Joya because Never did I find one bad thing about him. Going to puerto Vallarta is beautiful, very touristic. Dr joya has this program that includes the resort, surgery, 3 hotel nights... Etc....you can contact his assistant and he will answer to all your questions directly. I went with him because his experience, also it is at a hospital with an ER, the private luxury rooms at the hospital were amazing, also I have a feeling there is something about this Dr technique, but you feel no pain. Only discomfort. My girfriend and I had the surgery with him and we both were amazed of how good we felt considering we had jus had surgery. The staff of Doctors that work with him and follow up are very professional and always taking care of you. The nurses are amazing. The place is super clean, nice.

Once they sent you to the hotell, a doctor visit you and follow up on you. Like I said I went with my gf, but I had my own private room at the hospital and felt very comfortable. I encourage you to contact Gerald, he will answer all your questions. They don't do more than 5 surgeries on a day. And all the blood work and pre op exams are included. Also he offered a $500 insurance in case a complication happens. And u get copies of the surgery process, the lab work and all the medical exams. My gf had 2 ulcers and after surgery had a lot of heartburn, but the way they took care of her was amazing. They were taking care of her as if it was a huge big deal. Always making sure she was fine and responding well to the medicine. Highly recommend him.

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it. Who do you guys see for post surgery care once you get home ?

Hi I'm new to this site.

Trying to decide on a Dr. for VSG surgery. I am Canadian too and am a little apprehensive about going to Mexico for surgery. I am leaning toward Dr. Joya right now. What was it about Dr. Joya that ultimately made you decide to use him?

I have Dr's Joya, Alvarez and Dr. Aceves on my short list.

BTW I will be travelling alone too (scary)

Basically what lmo145 has said in a nut shell... but I have other reasons also, being a canadian... I will private message you about why I ultimately chose Dr Joya, in addition to what she has posted above. I dont want to post them hear since I know I will have others jumping down my back lol

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it. Who do you guys see for post surgery care once you get home ?

Our regular doctor. But we are trying to get into a bariatric program with a nutritionist, so we can have our follow ups with someone with more experience on VSG