Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating Carbs Kills Me At 5 Months

I had my surgery on June 11th and I still can't handle any kind of carbs. Does anyone else experience this? I have tried pizza, Pasta, Rice, Potatoes and foods that have carbs in the ingredients. Instant belly ache. Feels like I swallowed bricks after only a few bites of these foods.

I had my surgery on June 11th and I still can't handle any kind of carbs. Does anyone else experience this? I have tried Pizza' date=' Pasta, Rice, Potatoes and foods that have carbs in the ingredients. Instant belly ache. Feels like I swallowed bricks after only a few bites of these foods.[/quote']

I can't have the crap ones. I've tried chocolate cake (son's bday party) and it's the bricks, but brown rice, whole wheat Pasta (just a tiny bit) potatoes (white or sweet) are all fine. Are you trying the more complex carbs (whole grain and brown?) I rarely even try the "white" stuff because I know it's not good for me anyhoo.

I don't eat that stuff anymore. It does feel like bricks and when I eat something with sugar it's beginning to feel really uncomfortable in my stomach. So back to Proteins and veggies. I can eat a ton of cheeetos, so I can't have them around me at all....They are so evil........

I hope this happens to me. Since I am a carboholic it would be a blessing to keep me on the straight path. Surgery just 3 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I struggle with simple carbs as well. No Pasta or rice for me at all. I can eat a bit of mashed or baked potato, but it seems to fill me up IMMEDIATELY, and doesn't sit very well.

I'm turning into a complete carnivore! So it's even more important that I keep up with my Vitamins. I do some fruit once in a while as well, but the sugars kill me!

And I also think Cheetos are evil......but so is popcorn! I can eat a ton of popcorn as well, as long as it doesn't have more than a touch of butter on it.......going to the movies is hard now! (but we still go....LOL).

I had my surgery on June 11th and I still can't handle any kind of carbs. Does anyone else experience this? I have tried Pizza' date=' Pasta, Rice, Potatoes and foods that have carbs in the ingredients. Instant belly ache. Feels like I swallowed bricks after only a few bites of these foods.[/quote']

If I do small portions I can do them & this is recent being able to handle them. I will be 4 months on the 16th.

I havent been sleeved yet but my nut said to avoid bread rice and Pasta for 6m- 1 year because they are very sticky in your new stomach. Good luck!

I have not done rice at all. But last weekend had spaghetti & did okay with it. Small portions.

I can totally handle them but wish I couldn't :(

No can't tolerate them especially soft tortilla shells/wraps - I thought they would be better than bread but they are worse. I think its a good thing. I do love crackers and cheese now.

I don't really know how I would do with carbs because I eat low carb. However, last night I did try a bite of a chicken quesadilla. It was fairly good and did not cause any issues, but it didn't set off any flavor fireworks either so think I will just stick with the purer forms of Proteins. I don't really crave anything and often find myself talking myself out of eating when it is time to eat. However, I then remind myself that it is important to eat a small meal every 3 hours for the weight loss to work.

I hope this happens to me. Since I am a carboholic it would be a blessing to keep me on the straight path. Surgery just 3 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too! :P

I don't really know how I would do with carbs because I eat low carb. However' date=' last night I did try a bite of a chicken quesadilla. It was fairly good and did not cause any issues, but it didn't set off any flavor fireworks either so think I will just stick with the purer forms of Proteins. I don't really crave anything and often find myself talking myself out of eating when it is time to eat. However, I then remind myself that it is important to eat a small meal every 3 hours for the weight loss to work.[/quote']

I have the same issue where i tell myself that i HAVE to eat. Pre-sleeve i was a very lazy eater. I'd go all day not eating and then pig out w unhealthy carbs a nite. Now when i don't eat two things happen: I can't 'make up' for it later by eating more. And the day after i don't eat I feel like crap. I've done that 2x in the past few weeks and I pay for it. So i know i HAVE to eat. In fact today I just spent all afternoon in the kitchen preparing food for next week: little wonton cupcakes, shrimp & salmon. It's going to be a good week!!

But I stay far away from most carbs. Those foods are my weakness so I won't even start.

I can handle carbs but I honestly like others wish I cudnt bcuz those are my weaknesses. And omg !! Please don't mention popcorn!!! I can eat popcorn all dam day!! I wish I cudnt bcuz now I find myself craving for it bcuz I kno it won't make me full at small amounts. Smh i do get the fat free calorie smart snack bags but sheesh !!! Lol but I do a good job at not eating breads, pastas, rice, wraps, etc

I had my surgery on June 11th and I still can't handle any kind of carbs. Does anyone else experience this? I have tried pizza, Pasta, Rice, Potatoes and foods that have carbs in the ingredients. Instant belly ache. Feels like I swallowed bricks after only a few bites of these foods.

Not a bad problem to have