Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crustless Spinach Quiche

I discovered some of these in my freezer earlier in the week, reminding myself these make a great Breakfast. Before VSG I used the recipe below and was then putting them in the larger six cup muffin tin (I've often used that instead of doing it in a pie plate when having people over for brunch). Since that size is too big for my breakfast now, I'm going to try the 24 mini muffin tin and have 2 for breakfast.

Crustless Spinach Quiche

Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Servings: 12 | Difficulty: Easy

1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil

1 teaspoon Minced Garlic

1 cup Chopped Onion (about 1 Medium Onion)

1 package (10 Oz) Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed And Drained

5 whole Large eggs, Beaten

2-½ cups Shredded Muenster cheese (or Whatever You Have On Hand - I Find That The Sharper The Cheese, The Better!)

¼ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese (plus 2 Tbsp. For Garnish - Optional)

¼ teaspoons Salt

¼ teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper

1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan (or appropriate muffin tin).

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheeses, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Add in spinach mixture and stir to blend. Pour into prepared pie pan.

Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set and the top is slightly browned, about 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. If you’d like, top with additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

*I also love using this recipe to make individual-sized little quiches. You can either use regular-sized muffin tins (15-20 minutes cook time), or the cute mini ones (about 10-15 minutes). Just be sure to prepare the tins well with cooking spray (or use muffin liners), and watch to be sure that they don’t get overcooked!

Source: Protein

thanks for sharing that !!! sounds yummy

Sounds Delish! Thanks for sharing. What tool do you or any other folks use to calculate calores etc. in a recipe?

Thanks

Sounds Delish! Thanks for sharing. What tool do you or any other folks use to calculate calores etc. in a recipe?

On myfitnesspal.com, there is a food database where you can pull up just about anything you can think of. There is a recipe feature where you can input your recipe ingredients along with the servings and it calculates the nutrition information for you. You can save the recipe to your personal account or also load it into the database for everyone that is registered to see.

Awesome. Thanks so much

Thank you. This recipe reminds me of a recipe my mother in law shared with me. She rolled them into balls and cooked them on a cookie sheet. She served them with a red Pasta Sauce.< /p>

I discovered some of these in my freezer earlier in the week' date=' reminding myself these make a great Breakfast. Before VSG I used the recipe below and was then putting them in the larger six cup muffin tin (I've often used that instead of doing it in a pie plate when having people over for brunch). Since that size is too big for my breakfast now, I'm going to try the 24 mini muffin tin and have 2 for breakfast.

Crustless Spinach Quiche

Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Servings: 12 | Difficulty: Easy

1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil

1 teaspoon Minced Garlic

1 cup Chopped Onion (about 1 Medium Onion)

1 package (10 Oz) Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed And Drained

5 whole Large eggs, Beaten

2-½ cups Shredded Muenster cheese (or Whatever You Have On Hand - I Find That The Sharper The cheese, The Better!)

¼ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese (plus 2 Tbsp. For Garnish - Optional)

¼ teaspoons Salt

¼ teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper

1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan (or appropriate muffin tin).

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheeses, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Add in spinach mixture and stir to blend. Pour into prepared pie pan.

Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set and the top is slightly browned, about 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. If you’d like, top with additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

*I also love using this recipe to make individual-sized little quiches. You can either use regular-sized muffin tins (15-20 minutes cook time), or the cute mini ones (about 10-15 minutes). Just be sure to prepare the tins well with cooking spray (or use muffin liners), and watch to be sure that they don’t get overcooked!

Source: http://thepioneerwom...spinach-quiche/

I input the recipe into MFP using 1 serving equalling two of the mini muffins as a serving. If you don't like muenster or want to drive a little calories out of it, monterey jack or gouda would be a substitute, they take 200-300 calories out of the entire recipe.

Per 2 mini-muffin serving: 139 calories, 3 carbs , 10 fat , 10 Protein

Yummy will try that solid stage :)

2013 is my year....Sleeved 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY

Gonna have to try this...sounds great!!

I have similar recipe found on a site and saved early today, I can't eat just yet but some of this stuff looks great.

a Crustless Ham and Swiss Mini Quiches

Serving Size

4 servings (3 mini quiches each)

Calories 197

"Super easy - can be adapted to whatever ingredients you have on hand. I ..."More

Ingredients

PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray

1 carton (16 oz each) Egg Beaters® Original

1 cup finely chopped fully cooked lean ham

3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese

1/4 cup sliced green onions

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350°F.

Generously spray 12 regular muffin cups with cooking spray.

Pour Egg Beaters evenly into muffin cups (about 1/3rd full).

Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl.

Spoon evenly over Egg Beaters.

2.Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and set.

Let stand in pan 2 minutes.

Run table knife around edges of quiches to loosen.

Cook's Tips

Use your favorite cheese in this recipe.

Try low fat, Muenster, Cheddar or any meltable cheese.

This sounds good

I will try with turkey bacon????

2013 is my year....Sleeved 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY