Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Found Out My Insurance Changes 2013

Just found out my insurance is changing 2013. And now WLS will not be covered at all!!! And my surgery was going to happen Jan/Feb. I sure hope I can have this WLS still since I started earlier this year 2012. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I will call my case manager at the insurance company on Monday. #stressing

That is terrible! Does your company offer different plans at all? Is there any chance you can change plans?

Can you contact your surgeon and get your surgery bumped to a sooner date? Or were you meeting requirements by that date?

See that's what I'm stressing about too. Even tough nothing's been said you just never know. Can I ask what insurance you have? I've been thinking about possibly getting mine approved this year but having surgery beginning of next.

That is terrible! Does your company offer different plans at all? Is there any chance you can change plans?

yes that is the paperwork I just went over and they are getting rid of it on all 4 plans they offer! :(

Can you contact your surgeon and get your surgery bumped to a sooner date? Or were you meeting requirements by that date?

I am going to call and find out what insurance says 1st on Monday. If they say no then I will call surgeon. I am on my last class and then it goes to insurance for review. But my work requires I that I give them 30 days notice. My appt is on Dec 10th. So I guess I will see what they say

See that's what I'm stressing about too. Even tough nothing's been said you just never know. Can I ask what insurance you have? I've been thinking about possibly getting mine approved this year but having surgery beginning of next.

I have Coventry *** out of Illinois

thays supposed to say H.M.O.

I am FREAKING out!!! czlled insurance company and they couldn't tell me ANYTHING! only what my insurance currently covers. well thanks I already know what that is ! So I called WL clinic and told them what is going on and they said they probably would not do it then :'( due to the Dr does not feel right only giving me 2 weeks ..if anything happens I will be a self pay and they do not accept that(not that I have the money anyways). WTH

2 weeks from surgery and then it would not be covered by insurance as of Jan 2013

Fight it with your insurance. Don't give up!b

R u scheduled b4 year end? If so go ahead with surgery. By law a company cannot demand a 30 day notice if your surgery is medically needed. Good luck

I just got a call back from my insurance...they said it was a misprint on my employers end....sigh. Everything is going to be covered. That was so stressful! Now I am just grouchy due to only 3 hours of sleep (:

I am now on schedule now for Dec. Surgeons office sent for pre-auth today so hopefully by my last visit on Nov 19th I will get the date. If not shortly there after. I did not want it right around Christmas but I will take it (: