Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, anyone else have ridiculous cold spells and then crazy hot flashes since surgery??

Other day I was wrapped in 8 blankets trying to get warm and not long after I was whipping the blanket off opening the window roasting!

It's happened a few times now and cpl others I know said same thing since they were sleeved.

Yup!!! Meeeee toooooo!

I get crazy ass hot flashes! I get so hot that I feel faint.

Yup!!! Meeeee toooooo!

I get crazy ass hot flashes! I get so hot that I feel faint.

It's fricken ridiculous! I'm going to have to get an electric blanket for the freezing ass cold spells and turn the a/c on for crazy ass hot flashes!

I haven't had any hot flashes. But I definitely feel cold alot more often than I did before. Been freezing ALL day today. :(

It's fricken ridiculous! I'm going to have to get an electric blanket for the freezing ass cold spells and turn the a/c on for crazy ass hot flashes!

I keep a thick blanket on and my cat on my feet for the cold flashes... and I have a fan on me for the hot flashes!!!

My family thinks I'm frakin crazy

I don't have hot flashes, I guess cause I take hormone shot monthly. I defiantly have them cold flashes mine started about 2 am in the morning right after I came home from surgery. My hubby put flannel sheets on bed for me and then had to put the electric blanket on bed for me. I keep a blanket by my recliner also. My family never thought they would hear me say I am cold. I also wear hoodies and long sleeve t-shirts alot.

I don't have hot flashes' date=' I guess cause I take hormone shot monthly. I defiantly have them cold flashes mine started about 2 am in the morning right after I came home from surgery. My hubby put flannel sheets on bed for me and then had to put the electric blanket on bed for me. I keep a blanket by my recliner also. My family never thought they would hear me say I am cold. I also wear hoodies and long sleeve t-shirts alot.[/quote']

I DO TOO! Hoodies are my best friend right now.

My husband asked me if I wanted to go pants shopping and I said no! (I know I didn't want new jeans) I went sweat pant shopping and hoodie shopping for my winter wardrobe!

When I get dressed in the morning I am freezing. Then I strip the sweatshirt and 15 mins later its back on!

I'm over a year and a half out since surgery.....I'm cold all the time.....it started for me after I lost about 50 lbs......and it still continues. I just wear warmer clothes now and it's not a problem. As for the hot flashes, My Reg Dr put me on the pill and I have NO more of those....woohoo

best of luck to all!

I haven't had any hot flashes. But I definitely feel cold alot more often than I did before. Been freezing ALL day today. :(

I started to really get cold with the house temp at 62 and losing about 70 lb. I am down 120 lb now, still cold when outside but have since turned the thermostat up to 72. Heating bills are going to hurt! I don't get any hot flashes, but that may before related to the release of massive amounts of hormones stored in a woman's body as she loses the stored fat. I have a related issue of sometimes feeling crummy because my stored toxic fat is releasing toxins as the fat melts off.

OMG, I can not wait to get back on my meds for this! I go from shivering to stripping all my clothes off as fast as I can. Which can be very embarrassing while shopping at Target! LOL…I told my sister my weight loss is from all the sweat! I sleep in another room because my husband can not stand the open window and fan blowing on us! I really hope this is over soon because if it wasn't for the hot flash and shivering cold, I would be doing much better! It has been in the 80's also, which definitely doesn't help!