Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Media...

Anyone using it? How do you like it?

I had one (body bug). I thought it was ok but got tired of paying the monthly fees. My husband has fit bit. He loves it. No monthly fees. I'm thinking about getting one and the scale that automatically updates. I think it will really help me in my first year of maintenance.

I had one (body bug). I thought it was ok but got tired of paying the monthly fees. My husband has fit bit. He loves it. No monthly fees. I'm thinking about getting one and the scale that automatically updates. I think it will really help me in my first year of maintenance.

I have the fitbit. Don't use it a whole lot yet bcs i had some setbacks. But when i was able to use it, i loved it!! I should be walking again in a few weeks & will charge it back up. For xmas i want the scale too!!

I also have a fitbit and love it! I'm only 2 weeks post-op so I have a goal of 4-5 mi per day. It's nice to be able to see at then end of the day how long I need my evening walk be to hit my goal.

I've Read a lot that the fitbit is not as accurate. I just ordered the bodybugg. I hope it works out good. :)

I also have a fitbit and love it! I'm only 2 weeks post-op so I have a goal of 4-5 mi per day. It's nice to be able to see at then end of the day how long I need my evening walk be to hit my goal.

You do 4-5 miles per day at only two weeks post-op!? Wow, did you work out a lot before surgery? I thought I was doing ok doing 1 mile a day at two weeks post op...

There are several threads about this. I wrote one a few weeks ago comparing the difference between the Body Bugg, FitBit and Omron pedometer. (Yes, I have had all 3 over the years.) The FitBit is the least accurate for almost everything, the advantage is the price and the fact that it syncs with MyFitnessPal. The Omron is the most accurate pedometer and they have one that downloads to a free software program. I used that one for years and would print out reports to bring to my doctors. It cost less than $50.

The Body Bugg is the best for monitoring sleep and steps but I was one of the weird ones that used to blister on my arm from the slight electrical impedence that comes off the 4 metal plates to measure your calorie burn.

Of course, it is a matter of personal preference and what your budget will support.

You do 4-5 miles per day at only two weeks post-op!? Wow' date=' did you work out a lot before surgery? I thought I was doing ok doing 1 mile a day at two weeks post op...[/quote']

I was active and worked out hard after my first consult before surgery. I hit the gym 4-5 days a week and did HIT training on the treadmill. I also lifted weights. I'd spend around 90 min in the gym each time I went. And in the hospital I was walking 15-20 min every 2 hrs the nurses said I was able to get moving quicker then others.