Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who has been completely unfilled

Hey Everyone

I just wanted to see who was completely unfilled and why.

How long did it take for you to refilled again. The reason why I ask is because my doc unfilled me completely today and I have to wait 3 weeks till he can put some more in me. I did not have a slipped band just had some complications from an overfill on Tuesday and my doctor just wanted to be safe and take all the saline out all 2.3 cc's.

All input is welcomed even if you have not had an unfill and know of someone who did it would be very helpful

Thanks in advance

Vickie

Vickie:

I had my band unfilled last month due to slippage. I had been having symptoms of severe gastric reflux for over a year and I had been seeing my internist and a gastroenterologist who couldn't associate the reflux with band slippage. Thanks to the wonderful people who share their experience and wisdom on this forum, I took their advice and returned to my fill center for a barium swallow. I had a severe slippage which was relieved almost immediately when the fill was removed. I will wait at least three months before attempting another fill to make sure that the esophagus has fully healed. My advice, learned the hard way, is to be patient and follow your doctor's advice (provided he is a band doctor). Good Luck.

Zoomama

I was unfilled completely for about 5 months because of severe reflux. I recently got a very small fill and would love to get a little more but my Dr. wants to wait and see if I have any more problems. So far so good.

I was unfilled a few months ago, and I won't get another fill until after my brain tumor gets removed. Sorry I can't offer anything else to offer.

I had a complete unfill about two months ago for the same reason for three weeks. Fortunately my band hadn't slipped (it probably would have it I had kept it that tight for too much longer though..). After the three weeks I got more saline in, though not as much as I had in previously and I am doing great now. Just focus on resting your band and healing right now--you will get back on the bandwagon in just a few short weeks and continue losing. Good luck!!:lol:

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/161/160

5'7''

Hey everyone just thought I would update everyone on how it is going with nothing in my band....

Well I have absolutely no restriction which feels really weird especiall since I have had restriction from the day I had surgery. I went yesterday for yet another barium test just to make sure that everything is fine and as before it is still in tact. So my next fill is on Tuesday the 24th. I can not wait to get some in there. Although I lost 11 pounds in the 3 days I kept getting stuck I did put on 3 of them. So i feel as if I am doing right with no fill.

I figured I post this because people may have some questions if they are unfilled and my experience is here for newbies and oldies

Iulizbug I have seen your pictures and you are absolutly beautiful and your weight lose is exceptional. Keep up the great work I can wait to get to onederland only 7 pounds Yipee. Hopfully the fill will get me there and then I will be very happy

Vickie

Vickie

I had my band completely emptied 2 weeks ago. My barium swallow showed my band hadn't slipped thank god! Maybe some sort of an irritation, or I was just too tight. I'd lost 3kg in 5 days when I could hardly keep any food down at all. Since my unfil, I gained almost 4kg in 2 weeks. Sad but true. 2 days ago my Dr put 5mls back in. I've had nothing but trouble since. It hurts to even swallow Water. I'm keeping my food down, with 2 or 3 exceptions. I'm only able to take in 2 or 3 mouthfuls because it's really hurting when the food goes thru my band. Does anyone know what I should do? I'm doing liquids only until Monday then I'll call my doc! Another thing, if I hiccup or kinda burp this also hurts for around 5 seconds, right where my band is. I've had no comp's, banded a whole year and lost 40kg to date. This is really messing with my head space!!!

i have been unfilled many times. my dr's always make you wait 3 weeks as well for a refill to make sure the irritation is gone and swelling is down.

its tough without restriction but leaving a to tight fill could cause worse damage.

good luck!

I'm completely unfilled now and have been for six months of this year. It seems to take only a very tiny little amount of Fluid to over-restrict me, so I'm sticking with what I've got for now.

I'm completly unfilled, due to slippage. For some people, having the band is enough to restrict them a little, even without the saline. Not the case for me, unfortunately.

Having a new band put in on Nov 10th.

Oh and Vickie - 7 pounds til onederland is absolutely fantastic!! You'll be there in no time :D

I usually make an unfill once a year, because I just feel its good to give that area a rest. Everytime I make the unfill I do tests to check if I have erosion, and eat whatever I want to remember myself how does it feel to eat normally.

When it is time to refill, my Dr. usually fills mty band 2.2 C.C., after a week he finnaly adds solution to 2.7 C.C which is my normal fill level. That way I start getting used to the fill again. I have no signs of erosion or complications up to date.

I am currently unfilled and have been since 8/23 when I choked on a blueberry and ended up in the hospital. They thought an unfill would push the blueberry through but they ended up scoping me to pull it out through my mouth.

Anyway, I am FINALLY getting a fill on Friday of this week. I had a nightmare of a time with insurance and had to go through 2 appeals before they would approve this fill.

It's been nice to eat more of a variety again but I've also regained a few pounds and can't wait for restriction.

I was unfilled In October for severe erosion. My band will be removed next week. I still have early am restriction even though 70-80 % of the band is no longer around the outside of my stomach. It's hanging around inside there doing nothing. I can however eat about anything at this point, so I'm really going to have to be careful. I've gained enough weight back, I'd like to stop now...