Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on Monday and had my struggles with liquids bit I make sure I ALWAYS have Water in my hand and I constantly sip sip sip. Today in 12hrs I have down 108oz and 40g of Protein from Isopure (glass bottle) Propel and broth. Am I doing damage by having way more liquids then "goal"? I still have very dark urine so im trying to stay hydrated but my liquid quantity vs what others are saying is freaking me out a bit. I dont want to cause damage but I dont want to get dehydrated

hey congrats on your surgery!!

okay, if you just had surgery your stomach is still very numb so you should just drink your 64-70oz a day. if you go beyond that, you will retain Water and it'll be harder to get it off. I mean its not bad if you drink Water, but definitely only sip sip and make sure you pay attention to your new stomach, once u sense discomfort, just stop and continue again in 15 mins. For me, on 2nd week post-op I was able to drink water normally.

best wishes!!

I had surgery on Monday and had my struggles with liquids bit I make sure I ALWAYS have Water in my hand and I constantly sip sip sip. Today in 12hrs I have down 108oz and 40g of Protein from Isopure (glass bottle) Propel and broth. Am I doing damage my having way more liquids then "goal"? I still have very dark urine so im trying to stay hydrated by my liquid quantity vs what others are saying is freaking me out a bit. I dont want to cause damage but I dont want to get dehydrated

I had surgery the day after you. I am struggling to get fluids in. So far just 20 oz today. Just broke down crying after fixing dinner for my family realizing how far behind I am on my fluids today. I am so scared of being put back into the hospital for dehydration. I am trying to sip all day but after I get a pain in my chest for a few seconds. I am just starting my second bottle of crystal lite. But this has NO Protein. I guess I should be using the isopure to get fluids and protein at one shot.

I had surgery the day after you. I am struggling to get fluids in. So far just 20 oz today. Just broke down crying after fixing dinner for my family realizing how far behind I am on my fluids today. I am so scared of being put back into the hospital for dehydration. I am trying to sip all day but after I get a pain in my chest for a few seconds. I am just starting my second bottle of crystal lite. But this has NO Protein. I guess I should be using the Isopure to get fluids and Protein at one shot.

I found the red one to be good! The blue one I plug me nose when I sip lol

Just go easy. I think my size was very similar to yours, and I could drink a lot. You're not going to retain Water just because you're drinking it, but your urine could be dark because of any medication you might be taking. If you're getting dehydrated you should have other symptoms besides the dark urine. Dry skin, dry mouth, maybe leg cramps. If you're not thirsty and your skin isn't dry (especially in this colder weather) you're probably drinking enough. Do not make yourself uncomfortable at this stage drinking that much.

But still, sounds like you're recovering very well. For me, the 64 oz of Water simply was not enough. I gradually kept increasing mine until I was up to about a gallon a day, but by then I was 6 weeks out. Once I did I felt tons better. Weight loss increased and my cramps, thirst and dry skin went away.