Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Afraid To Eat?

It's been 2 weeks since i was sleeved .... I'm still only having Water and juice.... Occasionally broth. I'm not hungry and I'm losing weight quickly. I'm taking Vitamins, but I feel super weak. It's hard to make it through the work day and I am starting to get down on myself. Any advice?

I went through the same thing. My dr said don't worry about it. Take your Vitamins and eat when you can. Cream of chicken and cream of broccoli was good. I'd eat like three spoonfuls and was full. This will pass. Enjoy watching the scales go down. The weakness is most likely your body recovering from surgery. Try something like a slimfast drink. I added instant coffee to the vanilla. I couldn't drink much but what I did get down was good and gave me some energy.

I think if you are starting to get down on yourself then that isn't a good place to be. Start with Soups and start slow but do start. I can understand the fear, but you have to eat. Even now, five months out, I still sometimes have to make myself eat. We need to eat. Not a lot, sure, which is why I go for quality food, but food nonetheless is still essential.

Start slow, start with Soup, but do start.

Oh and Protein drinks, get those babies in!

You will be weak in the beginning. I think it took me about three weeks to start feeling better. Once you start the pureed stage with real foods it will get better.

I don't know what I am afraid of..... So far this has been a picture perfect sleeve with no complications, not much pain, zero vomiting, etc.... I'm sure i'd feel better if I started drinking at least the Protein shakes at least twice a day. I think I am going to try one now and just blend the heck out of it.

CG

You are increasing the time it will take to recover significantly by consuming no Protein. You HAVE to eat or drink something more than you are. While the weight might be falling off, it's going to stop fast because you are throwing your body into starvation mode. the weight coming off will be muscle verses fat.

I don't know what I am afraid of..... So far this has been a picture perfect sleeve with no complications' date=' not much pain, zero vomiting, etc.... I'm sure i'd feel better if I started drinking at least the Protein shakes at least twice a day. I think I am going to try one now and just blend the heck out of it.

CG[/quote']

There are also several brands of unflavored Protein that you can add to drinks and/or Soups if you don't care for the flavored Protein Shakes. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is one brand and Syntrax makes an unflavored as well... Many others I'm sure, those are just what came to mind.

You definitely need protein!!!

The last couple of days i've had some Protein Shakes and some string cheese.... definately feeling better.... thanks for the advice!

It's been 2 weeks since i was sleeved .... I'm still only having Water and juice.... Occasionally broth. I'm not hungry and I'm losing weight quickly. I'm taking vitamins' date=' but I feel super weak. It's hard to make it through the work day and I am starting to get down on myself. Any advice?

[/quote']

You may also be dehydrated. I got very dehydrated about 2 weeks after surgery and stayed tired and sleepy all day. You may want to check with ur doctor it is very dangerous to be dehydrated. Good luck God bless

The Unjury chicken broth and unflavored Protein saved the day for me post-op on clear and on full liquids! I just couldn't get my protein in without it! I still have 1 or 2 shakes a day-I'm on puree and nothing appeals to me. Chicken tastes like fish, tuna-can't think of eating and I used to love it! I try to avoid beef for digestive reasons, poached/sift eggs are not doing it either so I need the shakes. Geek yogurt tastes good with refried Beans (finally, something that tasted good!)-but that's all-tastes like too thick sour cream to me! I'm only supposed to have 3 meals, small snack (Jello) and 64 oz. Water. I'm hardly getting 32 oz. Water in-I always feel so full and I'm used to guzzling water all day Pre-op, getting more than 64 oz. In a day! I am greatful to not be hungry (at least not that much!)-but I keep thinking the next stage will be better but I'm still struggling to get everything in each day...water, Vitamins, protein, only eat 3 times, no beverages 1/2 hour before and one hour after....I'm more tired just typing about it! Oh yeah, I an exhausted too-back to work full-time, crazy hurricane and snow storm!!!! And I miss my coffee!!!!! 

Try ready to drink Protein Drinks. They will help fill you up a little so you won't be wek. Also SF Jello is considered a liquid so try that too