Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 17Th'ers.. Where Are Ya?

Went back to work today. I am worn out!!! I am a rural letter carrier. People see their mail carrier riding around in their mail truck and think that's all we do. Let me tell you that is only part of the job. Standing for the 5 hours this morning getting all the mail reading to deliver was enough to make me want to crawl back in bed. Then the 4 hours spent on the route' date=' walking packages up to the doors. This day has definitely been the most I've moved since the surgery. I will sleep so good tonight! It's a good tired.

jhumphries77- I have been thinking of you these last few days, hope all is well with you. Wish I had better advice that would help you out. We all may be on a similar path, but we have our different challenges. Take care.[/quote']

Aww thank you! Challenges they are but only the string can handle this surgery and regardless of the complications I am remaining strong! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers! It means a lot and keeps my moral up knowing there are others going through something similar who can understand, sympathize, and listen! I can't talk to family and friends and expect them to understand but, the support I have here even though its among strangers is amazing and doesn't compare to the support I have at home. So thank you and everyone else! Btw, praise God, my egd just showed gastritis so they are starting me on protonics and now the dietician is going to be having my meals prepared with unflavored Protein Powder. If I'm not eating enough in a few days they will put in a picc line to supply me with the nutrients I need until I'm able to eat more. Thanks again!!

It is marked as a private group so you will need to friend one of the members so they can invite you. You can friend me at: http://www.facebook.com/MrJonathan & I'll invite ya. :)

I have tried clicking on your link and from my cell phone, I cannot make it work but I would really love to be on the Octo sleevers Facebook page. Can you help me with this?? Thanks!!

I was sleeved 10/18 and have lost 10 lbs post op. I'm totally struggling with making wise food choices on a consistent basis throughout the day. Today I decided to lay my main food choices out on the kitchen counter to keep a visual reminder - I think that should be a strong reminder to keep on track.

I really enjoy reading all of your experiences and encouragement to each other!

Hope you all have a very successful day!

I was exactly one week out on election day. I feel awful that I want to eat some of my same old crap! With my doc, of course I am still on clears until Nov 7 but I was crazy hungry one day, or so I thought, and decided to skip to the soft food stage and have a boiled egg. Huge mistake!! One tiny bite and my body rejected that!! I do not know how I kept from throwing up my shoes!! Anyway, all of that to say, this is a daily struggle for me, at least. I am seeing now that every bite has a consequence. How profound! If I'd figured that out 20 years ago, I'd never have gotten here!! Keep on keeping on and we shall be huge success stories, I can hear it now!!

Can I get an invite to the private group on Facebook

I'm pretty sure I invited you. Would you PM me your name on Facebook and I will double check.

What stage is everyone at?? Im on pureed/ soft foods and have been for a week!

Starting soft foods today!

Starting soft foods today!

Jealous! When were you sleeved? What are you looking forward to eating in this next phase that you haven't had yet?

Sleeved the 17th.... I just eat alot of tilapia. Eating too fast or too much hurts!!!! It takes me about 35 mins to eat 21/2 ozs of fish (1/2 a filet). I like seafood and so im sticking with it. Its soft and chews up well and goes down smooth! Plus high in Protein!

I just started pureed and soft foods today. Woohoo!!!

I'm pretty sure I invited you. Would you PM me your name on Facebook and I will double check.

I just sent u a message on FB