Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Get us a picture of your old pants and your new ones, and we'll sure notice the difference! We'll cheer you on.

It's a funny thing. I'm at one of my plateaus where I always stop losing weight for awhile. I don't tknow if it's a physical or psychological barrier, but I'm going to try really hard to envision me weighing less, losing another 10 pounds, etc. Hard for me to do. I'm a natural skeptic when it comes to me and weight loss. But if not now, when? And if not me, who?

Prescription diet pills make me feel great! Until they stop working...... Over the counter diet pills just make me feel sort of sick. Maybe more exercise... I've been slacking off the last few days.

My family is from KC Mo and Hutchinson KS. I never lived there, but both my parents and lots of my relatives do. I miss midwesterners.....

Get us a picture of your old pants and your new ones, and we'll sure notice the difference! We'll cheer you on.

It's a funny thing. I'm at one of my plateaus where I always stop losing weight for awhile. I don't tknow if it's a physical or psychological barrier, but I'm going to try really hard to envision me weighing less, losing another 10 pounds, etc. Hard for me to do. I'm a natural skeptic when it comes to me and weight loss. But if not now, when? And if not me, who?

I was watching Strickly Dr. Drew last night on the health channel. He had a couple on there who both had the lap band. They both had lost over 100 pounds in a year. The the doctor had on a nutritionist. He said that if you have a real addiction..like me...to sweets. You are just like an alcoholic. You have to give it up and never ever eat it again. He said it takes about 3 weeks and your taste buds change. HA HA he doesn't know anything..LOL

I know. Ha! I was watching Sharon Osbourne on Dr. Phil, and dshe was talking about lifetime wieght issues, bulemia, contemplating getting the band removed, and he said if she did what he said for 30 days, she'd never have food issues again. Makes me want to crawl through the TV and slap him!

I know if I eat any carbs, my feeding frenzy kicks in. It's funny. I feel so good when I eat Protein and veges, but I still go after those carbs anyway!

No problems with that. I don't much eat salt, so that may help. i'm having trouble not eating carbs from about 3PM on for the rest of the day! I'm thinking maybe I need to be at the gym at 3 everyday. Why is this so hard??? I feel better after the gym so I should want to go! Life is silly. Are you retaining Fluid? How much are you exercising? I do 30 minutes at my target heart rate on the treadmill WHEN I go!

No problems with that. I don't much eat salt, so that may help. i'm having trouble not eating carbs from about 3PM on for the rest of the day! I'm thinking maybe I need to be at the gym at 3 everyday. Why is this so hard??? I feel better after the gym so I should want to go! Life is silly. Are you retaining Fluid? How much are you exercising? I do 30 minutes at my target heart rate on the treadmill WHEN I go!

I haven't done any exercising yet....I hate exercising. I think I am retaining fluids. I just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I know I need to exercise, but I haven't been motivated to.

That might get you over the hump with alot of this. If you did exercise, would it be at home or in a gym?

No gym...Can't afford that and I have a 6 year old and 8 year old. I have a friend who has lost 70 pounds on Weight Watcher and she wants me to walk with her a lunch and break. she has been begging me too. I will!

No gym...Can't afford that and I have a 6 year old and 8 year old. I have a friend who has lost 70 pounds on Weight Watcher and she wants me to walk with her a lunch and break. she has been begging me too. I will!

I'm not on an exercise program (unless jumping to conclussions counts <G>), but what I did to start was park my car further out from work or the store. I've always done the steps and continue to do that. We have a fitness center at work and my goal is to join that next week. I hate to leave my dogs alone any more than I have to but they'll have to suffer through an hour more a day 2-3 times a week as I do this for myself.

ANY exercise is better than nothing. Get a pedometer and track your steps over a week or so. Then for the next week, give yourself a realistic goal of increasing the steps by 10%. If you're doing 3000 steps a day, do 3300 for the next week. Set SMALL goals, accomplish them, enjoy the success, and go to the next level. You don't have to do a triathalon for it to count as exercise.

Tom

I'm not on an exercise program (unless jumping to conclussions counts <G>), but what I did to start was park my car further out from work or the store. I've always done the steps and continue to do that. We have a fitness center at work and my goal is to join that next week. I hate to leave my dogs alone any more than I have to but they'll have to suffer through an hour more a day 2-3 times a week as I do this for myself.

ANY exercise is better than nothing. Get a pedometer and track your steps over a week or so. Then for the next week, give yourself a realistic goal of increasing the steps by 10%. If you're doing 3000 steps a day, do 3300 for the next week. Set SMALL goals, accomplish them, enjoy the success, and go to the next level. You don't have to do a triathalon for it to count as exercise.

Tom

You can talk all you want...I am terrible about starting something and then really like it to the point that I will stick to it. EXERCISE! YUCK! LOL.

Me too! This exercise trainer told me once that the key for me is NOT to stick to anything, and to keep changing it... Dance around the house one day, walk with the dogs the next, do a TV exercise show, etc. Belonging to the gym is not solution. I can make as many excused not to go there as I can not to exercise at home. So far, the only thing I've found that works, sort of, is to exercise 1st thing in the morning, before my brain can think up excuses. Roll out of bed and turn on an exercise channel on TV or drive to the gym half asleep in whatever clothes are close at hand. By the time I wake up, I'm done.

You can talk all you want...I am terrible about starting something and then really like it to the point that I will stick to it. EXERCISE! YUCK! LOL.

If you feel you will fail, you will! Mindset makes a HUGE difference. I'm reasonably active but I've always viewed exercise as twice as bad as a 4-letter word since it has 8 letters. When I went through the LEARN program, it gives a completely different view of exercise. Cleaning the house IS exercise. I started parking further away at work and that gave me at least 5 minutes a day walking I didn't have before. Not much, but it's a start.

You need to become your own best advocate. Everyone here can cheer you on but ultimately, you have to do this for yourself. Stop beating yourself up. Start looking for ways to be proud of yourself. Dropping two clothing sizes is a HUGE accomplishment whether others have said anything or not. (Some have complained when people ask how much they lost. Maybe others are afraid to bring up the subject so avoid it!) Rather than worrying if others notice, take pride in what you've done. Negativity is a very hard habit to break but the negativity will eat away at you and set you up for more failure. I was always a "glass half-empty" kind of person and am slowly trying to look at it as half-full. Certainly not there 100%, but being proud of what I have done instead of feeling guilty for what I've not makes life much better.

Tom

If you feel you will fail, you will! Mindset makes a HUGE difference. I'm reasonably active but I've always viewed exercise as twice as bad as a 4-letter word since it has 8 letters. When I went through the LEARN program, it gives a completely different view of exercise. Cleaning the house IS exercise. I started parking further away at work and that gave me at least 5 minutes a day walking I didn't have before. Not much, but it's a start.

You need to become your own best advocate. Everyone here can cheer you on but ultimately, you have to do this for yourself. Stop beating yourself up. Start looking for ways to be proud of yourself. Dropping two clothing sizes is a HUGE accomplishment whether others have said anything or not. (Some have complained when people ask how much they lost. Maybe others are afraid to bring up the subject so avoid it!) Rather than worrying if others notice, take pride in what you've done. Negativity is a very hard habit to break but the negativity will eat away at you and set you up for more failure. I was always a "glass half-empty" kind of person and am slowly trying to look at it as half-full. Certainly not there 100%, but being proud of what I have done instead of feeling guilty for what I've not makes life much better.

Tom

It is just that I always think negative