Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I feel the same way........what I look forward to is going shopping and not having to find the plus size section. I am also going to try to think positive and be positive and be a better me inside and out. Hope you all have a great successful year in everything you do!!!!

I went today anbd bought an XL shirt at Walmart. A cheap tarty thing that really doesn't fit yet, but I'm going to keep trying it on as a way to see the change in fit. Today it looked horrible, but at least I got it on. Another way to track my progress. It's bubble gum pink, with Robin Hood laces in the front and pinking shear non-hems on the sleeves. On clearance for good reason. It makes me laugh.

WOW, I love the success stories!!

Thank you Angela and Tom for sharing your personal journeys --- so hopeful and inspirational! You guys are so great and boy, do I need inspiration right now!!

I have been eating everything in sight and have gained back some of the weight I have lost since surgery. I could feel depression starting to grab ahold of me.... So today, I am making a fresh start and doing well, so far. And it has been a whole 8 hours!!! I get my first fill next Monday and I can't wait.

You all are doing so great!! Congratulations :clap2: !! I wonder if I made a mistake by waiting so long for my first fill. Now that I have tasted the "forbidden fruit" again it has become as natural to reach for it as before I had surgery. :cry Well, at least now I have you guys and this board for support and encouragement. Keep on fighting the good fight and I will be fighting too. 2007 has got to be a much better year for us all!!

Karen

Hi Karen!

Welcome back! I know you will do just great when you get your fill... you might feel food with two bites!!:faint: hehe ...Let me know how the fill went. I will be in Austin packing while you are being filled. Good luck! :)

Angela, thanks for your reply!! I am doing better today....I am finally getting myself back on track. Thanks for your support! When do you get your first fill?? Keep in touch, please!!

Denise 1, what is your insurance question? If we can't answer it here, please go to the main section of this board and look under the Insurance section, or try the "Search" function to see if there is info there for you. Let us know how we can help!

Karen

I just started a new thread, which I have never done. It is called success stories. I love to read peoples success stories and see pictures. It helps keep me movitated.

Only one bandster has written anything on the new thread. I can't believe there isn't more people out there that want to share their story and tell us how they did it.

Do any of you drink the new Diet Lipton Green Tea drinks? I just love the one with mixed berry, but I wonder if it is bad for us because it is high in citrus acid.

Idrink them. They are good. I just bought a new drink at Sams. Slim-lite. It actually has no calories and Citromax. An appetitie suppressant.

Only one bandster has written anything on the new thread. I can't believe there isn't more people out there that want to share their story and tell us how they did it.

Im sure people need time to find the new thread, No?

I keep losing and gaining the same damn 3-5 lbs. I just don't get it. I get down to 237 and the next day I can bounce back to 241! Then it will come off and then back again. I get the salt thing and have stayed away from it. I assume it is not actual weight gain because I could not have possibly eaten enough to warrant that much of a gain. The holidays were hard and yes, I ate more than I should have but not that much. I haven't had a fill yet and hopefully that will make the difference. Will the doctor be disappointed that I haven't lost anything in 4 weeks?

weight.png

banded 11/29

Hey everyone! Just passing through.

Question...I keep seeing the scale coming up....keep in mind that if you are more active then before, you could be building muscle. If you are, muscle weighs more then fat! Don't get too discouraged if your clothes are feeling loose, but the scale looks like you haven't done a thing...or have actually gained.

So, here's my question... How many of you are measuring? Your body is going to change in more ways then one. How many of you have more energy then before? How many of you are sleeping better at night? Count every change as a positive!

Oh, and did you try Water? Sometimes when our head is telling us we are hungry, we aren't. We are actually dehydrated or leaning towards that way. If you KNOW you've eaten a sufficient amount, but you keep feeling as if you are hungry (and you've waited the appropriate time after you've eaten...) try water (not any type of liquid...but plain H20). You may be pleasently suprised as your hunger pains go away....

Okay, running back to the January thread...I'm still on for next Friday!

Chris

:update:

I originally went into this journey wanting to lose 230 pounds but my doctor has said that my goal needs to be changed. He said he thinks 205 pounds is a good goal to set instead. He told me that losing 230 pounds could make me too skinny! Can you believe that?!? That term has never been associated with me! So after talking to him, I have revisited my goals and updated my ticker to where my doctor thinks would be best. (I can always shoot for lower when I reach that goal if I think I need to.) That sure helps with the mental aspect thinking you are 25 pounds closer to your goal then you thought! :biggrin1:

:update:

I originally went into this journey wanting to lose 230 pounds but my doctor has said that my goal needs to be changed. He said he thinks 205 pounds is a good goal to set instead. He told me that losing 230 pounds could make me too skinny! Can you believe that?!? That term has never been associated with me! So after talking to him, I have revisited my goals and updated my ticker to where my doctor thinks would be best. (I can always shoot for lower when I reach that goal if I think I need to.) That sure helps with the mental aspect thinking you are 25 pounds closer to your goal then you thought! :biggrin1:

My doctor has never said anything about a goal and I have wondered why, but I forgot to ask. I figure he doesn't really care as long as I am losing.

My personal goal is get down to 170 or 165. I am 5' 10" and I think I would be fine at that weight. If I ever get to a point that I can come off my insulin pump...I would be happy too. However, I was only about 185 when I found out I was diabetic, so I don't know if I will ever come off, but I sure hope so. I've been told that I am type 1 and I've been told that I am type 2. I've even been told that I am type 1 1/2. If you don't know what that means basically it means...I'm Juvenile diabetic and it has nothing to do with being overweight. Now days so many children are overweight and developed diabetes that they stopped calling it Juvenile and adult. They call it type 1 or 2. Anyway...I they don't know what I am! I do know that if I don't have my insulin every second of the day...my blood sugar will go up up and away. I made fools of the nurses in the hospital after my sugar. They took my pump off and they wouldn't give me any insulin on their own. They said since I wasn't eating I didn't needed it...I told them they would be wrong. By 1 a.m. my sugar was 350 and they had to give me a few units of insulin. It's very difficult for my husband to understand this too. He doesn't understand how it goes up and down with or without eating.

If I got down to 170 then I could get down to 160...right? I would love to really get down there. At 160 my BMI would be 23! Perfect!