Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Thanks Marni. When I say 5 meals I really mean eat 5 times. My Breakfast is usally a yogart granola bar, lunch is a cup of Soup or chili, mid afternoon is another granola bar then dinner which is usually soup again or something soft. Then if I am still hungry I will have a Protein Shake with a scoop of powder, ice, soy mild, banana and a spoon full of honey. That is usally what I have. I have been snacking on chips too much lately. I have noticed how easy they go down so when I get a cup of soup I will grab a small bag of chips. The last week I have tried to STOP that habit. I guess I do need a fill and will have to schedule another one. I have 4cc right now and felt almost too tight at first then it seemed to loosen up after a couple of weeks. I sure wish I could afford to get a personal trainer to really mold me. I have felt the difference in my cloths but don't have to get a new wardrobe yet as they are looser but not falling off yet. I am down almost two sizes since surgery. I guess I will have to watch the salt a little more. Do you guys have any good homeade soup receipies for me? Thanks

Thanks Marni. When I say 5 meals I really mean eat 5 times. My breakfast is usally a yogart granola bar, lunch is a cup of Soup or chili, mid afternoon is another granola bar then dinner which is usually soup again or something soft. Then if I am still hungry I will have a Protein Shake with a scoop of powder, ice, soy mild, banana and a spoon full of honey. That is usally what I have. I have been snacking on chips too much lately. I have noticed how easy they go down so when I get a cup of soup I will grab a small bag of chips.

Have you logged your Protein? Offhand, I'd say your a bit low based on your intake. Of course soup tends to go through quickly and therefore leaving you feeling hungry unless you eat lots. Be VERY careful on the chips. Even a small bag is often a couple of servings and can quickly add up to 300+ calories with almost no protein or nutrition. Stews tend to stick with you and are moist enough to go through. Chili can be good as the meat and Beans are both loaded with protein. Just watch toppings. cheese and sour cream can add a lot of wasted calories.

Also watch the granola type bars. It can be a challenge to find one that is low in calories and has high protein. I've found the South Beach Cereal bars offer the best balance. The smaller bars are 140 calories and 10 grams of protein and are kind of like a flavored rice krispy treat. The larger ones are 210 calories and 19 grams of protein.

Tom

Hey Vikki--I agree with Tom--it doesn't sound like you are getting enough Protein. Also, I was told by my surgeon not to make Soups and Protein Shakes a staple of my diet once off the liquid phase. He said if you feel like you need some extra protein, have a Protein Bar instead of a shake. I also think that tracking your daily calories might be a real eye-opening experience. You may find that you are getting extra hidden calories from surprising sources, or you may find that you are not getting enough calories, putting yourself into starvation mode. Are you doing just cardio in your workouts? If you can add some strength training, it would probably help you start to burn more calories even when not exercising. You may need another fill, but if it makes you not able to eat real fodds, like lean protein, and veggies, then that's not good, either. You have to be able to eat real food. Hang in there--I'm sure this will pass. In the meantime, just know that we are here for you:girl_hug:

I wouldn't personally do well on that food. Granola brs have too much sugar and carbs for me. I do better with simple Proteins and veges...and without liquids foods. In the morning, I'm often too restricted and have to do a Protein Drink so I do low carb slim fast. After that, it's 2 or 3 meals of meat and vege. Chili and gubo goes down too fast for me and I don't stay full.

When I don't want to cook at all, I can always drive through McDonalds and get a chicken salad without dressing, and that will give me my meat and salad....

Wow--where has evryone been? Everybody must be really busy this week. I am anxiously awaiting my next fill on the 11th. Some days I feel like I could eat a horse! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Vikki--how are you doing? Hopefully things are going better for you. Tom--how is the hand? And have you heard anything else on your other issues?

Hello everyone! I am back from Kauai... it as wonderful!! I have been reading your posts... Tom or anyone if you are interested in helping your symptoms in a more natural way please private mail me... remember that isd what I do for sa living... and I REVERSED my multiple sclerosis symptoms!!! I No longer take anything more than an occassional aspirin and have NO health problems what so ever. A few years ago I could NOT walk, now I do anything (almost) I want... snorkeling in Hawaii, trkking through ther Amazon, climbing Machu Picchu in Peru... believe me pharmaceuticals can actually make you sicker in many cases plus we also need to treat Mind, Body and Spirit not just one as they are aall linked!

Tom...I am worried about you... private message me... take lots of care and please eat MORE calories... good ones!

AngelaT-- how do I private message you.. I would like to ask you a few questions on some issues that I'm having....

AngelaT-- how do I private message you.. I would like to ask you a few questions on some issues that I'm having....

Click on my name next to my avatar(pic) and choose the private message option once the window opens. You can also find me at www.band2gether.net and under professional advice click ask Dr. trumbauer. Have a great day!:welldoneclap:

Vikki--how are you doing? Hopefully things are going better for you.

Connie- I am doing okay. Still have not lost any weight and I am still frustrated. I am sick of people asking me how much weight I have lost when it is the same number as a month ago. I feel like a looser right now. Why is the band not working for me?? I thought I would drop at least 75 pounds by now and I haven't even reached 40. I took Tom's advice on the granola bars and got some South Beach Diet bars. They are not as yummy as the yogart granola bars but a lot more protien. I do tend to lean towards the shakes a lot to get my Protein threw powder. I just am a chicken to eat solids anymore. I went to have egg fu young at a chinese food place the other night and after about 5 bites I ended up in the bathroom for 25 min. I get scared after that happens and stick to soft or liquid. I have got off the exercise track and I am going today back to jogging at the park. I have lost inches more than pounds so I am trying to look at it that way to be more positive. I am going to see if I can drop by the end of the month and if still at platue then back to DR. to get a tight fill. I talked to my Dr. last week and he said the next fill I get he will sit down with the nutri to get some meal ideas and discuss what I am eating in detail to figure out a plan for me.

I hope everyone is feeling good. :)

Tom- where are you??? Are you doing okay??? How is that hand??

Hi Vikki. Just a thought. If you can barely east solids, why get a tighter fill? Seems like maybe a little less fill would let you eat your calories instead of drink them....

That is the way I feel because some days are really tight and others aren't as much. So I am trying to just figure out what I am doing wrong for my body and why I am not dropping the weight. My body is as stubborn as I am and so I am having a fight with myself>>>>>HA HA

I need to just bump up the exercise and keep it up. I am great on it for about a month then........tend to slack and start the ol I will do it tomorrow......which ends up......a week. Thanks for the encouragement you guys. I try to visit this site to remember I am not the only one on the weight loss journey. I have to keep my head high and make good food choices and be happy for what I have loss thus far. I am trying to keep track of everything on fitday.com. I just love that site!!!

Vikkie--I agree with Betsyjane--I'm not sure a tight fill is the answer right now if you can barely eat solids now. It's really important to get to that right level of restriction where you can eat real food, just not a lot of it. Egg foo young shouldn't make you throw up or pb unless you are too tight. I do think stepping up the exercise is a good idea. You just have to make it a priority. Hang in there, and keep us posted.

I had a trip scheduled to deliver goats near Fargo, ND (I'm in central Ohio). Fortunately, a friend went with me and did almost all of the driving and I slept most of the trip. It was an exhausting trip but the herd is a bit smaller and the checkbook a bit bigger so all is good.

Had a follow-up with the doctor today. The oxygen saturtion test didn't show any definite signs of sleep apnea. My O2 levels remained over 90% for all but a couple of seconds a couple of times for the 4 hours. I was previously diagnosed with sleep apnea and did not do well with the CPAP machine. My heart rate showed large spikes throughout the test period indicating tossing and turning. (DUH! One only needs to look at my bed in the morning to know that is the case. Either that or I'm having mad, passionate sex all night. Just wish I could remember it! <G>) The doctor is ordering a sleep study (just love going and getting wired up and then being asked to be "normal") to see if there is something there. In the meantime, we gave me a sample of Requip for restless leg syndrome.

He also took out my stitches in my hand. It's becoming more and more functional. A couple of times, I have rewrapped it just to remind me to take it easy with it. I tend to overuse it and then pay the price.

The good news is that I did only lose 1/2 pound over the last 3 weeks. Hopefully slowing that down will give the body a chance to bounce back. Figure the last thing I need is to lose 2-3 pounds a week while I'm feeling depleted. And I bought a pair of jeans in a size 36 waist and they were a bit loose as was the new size large polo shirt.

It's nap time again!

Hi everyone. Haven't been on much lately. It's the last 2 weeks until school is out for summer and I have been working hard to get everything wrapped up for the year.

I seem to have a different problem than most. I am almost filled to capacity and do not feel the restriction. I tried going back on liquids for a few days but didn't make it because I was starving. I eat off a saucer so I know that I am not over eating. Do you think I could stretch my pouch by drinking liquids too quick? I am very frustrated. I feel like I have done everything right and now I am stuck. This can't be it.

My doctor will not be up this way until the 21st so I will see him then. I'm sure he'll say I have to take the 5 hour trip to SF where his office is to see what is going on.

What do you all think?

My guess is you are either overfilled and dilated....or you have leaked some Fluid out and may need omnipack. In either case, your Dr visit is a smart move, Tweet.... If you can't make it on liquids...and I certainly understand that....then you may end up doing better with a slight unfill to help shrink your pouch. You'll get it figured out. You job now is to NOT kick yourself!

Vikki-I'll bet your food intake is a big part of it. Whenever I feel like I'm off track, having lied to myself about my food yet again!...I do a food log for 2 days, counting calories, fat grams, carbs, and Protein. I seem to need that reality check to keep my carbs and fat low and my Protein high.