Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Well, after a spell of not doing the exercise I should, eating poorly, and being in a plateau, I'm off and running again. I'll have to remember that when I'm plateaued, I need to start diligently writing down my calories, exercise, fat grams, Protein, and carbs. I am such a liar to myself about food that it gets me honest again. I'm back on the right road.

where is everyone????? Tom, what did the doc say?:)

Still waiting on the report from the CT Scan. They said on Thursday they'd have the results on Monday. Today, they'd said they "should" have them tomorrow. I guess if it showed something tragic, they would move a bit quicker. At this point, no news and no new energy. I had several things I wanted to get done today and all I got done was the routine chores. Good news is they were done on time which, I guess, is progress. And I ran into town as I ran out of ice cream and that is tragic!

Tom

Hi Angela,

Yes as I am still planning on Disney. The thing is I haven't received that many replies from the invitation. We will just have to see who shows up. I will send out another email to everyone next week and see what responses I get back. I would say about 5 people have responded with a yes. Even if it is a small group it will be nice to meet others that have been banded and share stories. Can't wait to see you again.

How is the weight loss. I am sooooo stuck at 220 it isn't funny. :faint: I will loose a pound then gain 3 then loose two and gain 1. I guess I need to do more planned meals everyday instead of convient meals from food places.:hungry: I have never been one to cook much.

When were you all meeting at Disney? I didn't see any invite.......

When were you all meeting at Disney? I didn't see any invite.......

It was for tose in Southern Cal, but if you can make it...great!!! it is June 10 for lunch at Downtown Disney. Vikki posted it a while back. It will be right after my first fill so I will have soup! Let Vikki know if you can make it!:eek:

where is everyone????? Tom, what did the doc say?;)

ARGH! Last I heard was mid-afternoon and the report was on the doctor's desk. Of course I didn't hear anymore. I've got to think if it was not good news, they'd be calling. I am going in tomorrow morning as the nurse has questions on the disability paperwork.

I had to take some goats into the vet for some pre-sale testing and got on his scale. I have NO idea how accurate it is but I'm done 10 pounds since last Wednesday so I'm now 4 pounds UNDER my goal. I have a feeling his scale isn't the same as the doctor's office but I doubt it's 10 pounds off. I'm not eating much but try to get in what I can.

Tom

Tom, I hope you find something out soon--the waiting game sucks! We had some bad news this weekend--my son's grandpa(my ex's dad) died Sunday--he had his knee replaced on Tuesday, and was doing fine, then something somehow went terribly wrong. Had him on too many pain meds, and he started hallucinating, adjusted that, then Sun. morning he started having trouble breathing. They called my ex to tell him they were taking him up to ICU, and by the time he got to the hospital, his dad was dead. He had started vomitting, and they were trying to intubate him, but he died. They did an autopsy, but still don't know what happened--they are waiting on the histology report now, because there was no obvious reason--no heart attack, he didn't aspirate the vomit into his lungs, he didn't throw a clot, so they just don't know. They will probably do a toxocology test too. They had him on percocet, oxycontin, and morphine all in a two day span, which seems like an awful lot. So, they are still waiting for answers. My son is just devastated--he doesn't understand how someone can go in for a knee replacement and end up dead. Hopefully, we will have some answers soon. So, Tom, I kind of understand what you are feeling--it sucks not knowing! Hope everything turns out okay for you--keep us posted.

I went into the doctor's office to help the nurse fill out the disability paperwork. While there I weighed myself and the vet's scale is definitely off. I'd lost 2.5 pounds in one week so am now 4 pounds from my goal weight. I really don't want to lose any more right now!

They did get the results of the CT scan and the "mass" they thought was on my lung was a shadow from my band. DUH! The good news is that I don't have some fast growing lung cancer as they expected. The bad news is that we're back to square one. The blood work was basically normal. My BUN was 18 and normal is 5-17 so slightly elevated but not enough to be concerned. I'm waiting on the respitory therapist to do an oxygen assesment. I question whether that is causing my extreme fatigue but the doctor once to start there. Eating is a challenge as I have little appetite and things aren't going through well. (You know it is bad when ice cream won't go!)

I'm trying to reach the surgeon to see if we can do a bit of an unfill just so I can eat some. At this point, I'm FAR more worried about my strength than my weight.

Tom

congrats on your lack of tumor! Let's see... What zaps energy.... Depression? Too few calories? Chronic fatigue/Epstein-Barr?

congrats on your lack of tumor! Let's see... What zaps energy.... Depression? Too few calories? Chronic fatigue/Epstein-Barr?

Thanks. I have a friend that manages a Hallmark store. I wonder if they make a card for not having a tumor? They didn't have one for an ex-wife on Mother's Day.

My mother mentioned depression. My father, I guess, struggled with that. Every time I've had an issue that wasn't easily diagnosed, she's convinced I'm depressed. At one point they had me on Prozac as they couldn't find anything wrong. Went to a different doctor, was diagnosed with Graves disease (hypoactive thyroid) and they fixed that and suddenly I was better. I'm sure that the calorie intake is not helping but I've been at the same level, more or less, since shortly after surgery.

I keep thinking if I make myself go do things I'll feel better but I went into town to get feed and it about wiped me out. This weekend will be a real test. I'm judging a goat show on Saturday that is about 5 hours away. I'll be on my feet and moving all day. Fortunately, a friend is going with me to help drive. We'll drive over Friday night, stay in a hotel, and then drive back Saturday after the show. Sunday I have a goat show that I'm helping with and showing at so another day of constant activity. Right now, I do 2-3 hours and I need a nap so we'll see how I hold up. I already told the Sunday show I may not make it. Of course, my ex is taking my goats down on Saturday so either she or I will have to go down to get them.

Off to start evening chores. I need a goat bitch! <G>

Tom

I have Lupus, which wasn't made better or worse by the lap band, and a big part of it is the fatigue. I never know if I can keep the obligations I've made. I almost have to go on an hour by hour basis to see if I'm going to hit the wall. They prescribed an antidpressant for me at one point, on the theory that you ought to be depressed if you have a chronic illness. Oddly, it didn't change my mood, but it did decrease my pain a lot. I thought that was strange, but they told me that pain and depression receptors were near each other. My other odd experience was that I had horrbile restless leg syndrome, and the doctor prescribed everything in the world for it, and nothing helped. When I got banded and quit drinking Diet Coke, I stopped having restless leg syndrome. Duh. You never know what will help.....

I have Lupus, which wasn't made better or worse by the lap band, and a big part of it is the fatigue. I never know if I can keep the obligations I've made. I almost have to go on an hour by hour basis to see if I'm going to hit the wall. They prescribed an antidpressant for me at one point, on the theory that you ought to be depressed if you have a chronic illness. Oddly, it didn't change my mood, but it did decrease my pain a lot. I thought that was strange, but they told me that pain and depression receptors were near each other.

One of the rheumatologist I went to decided I didn't have RA but had fibromyalgia. He prescribed a muscle relaxer and an antidepressant. The muscle relaxer made me jittery and the antidepressant wasn't covered by my insurance and he said if I wanted to be better, I'd pay for it out of pocket. I went off my RA medicine since I didn't have it and within a month, I could hardly walk. Guess I had it after all. I went twice to that rheumatologist and found a different one. When I took the Prozac, it made me numb. I'm not an overly emotional person to begin with but I just kind of sat in a fog and didn't care about anything. It was anything but a "happy pill." One of the new antidepressants (Cymbalta, maybe?) includes a pain medicine component as it is one they use on fibromyalgia patients now.

What's frustrating is that I was feeling great and being a lot more physically active with less weight but the last 2+ weeks have been awful on the energy front.

My other odd experience was that I had horrbile restless leg syndrome, and the doctor prescribed everything in the world for it, and nothing helped. When I got banded and quit drinking Diet Coke, I stopped having restless leg syndrome. Duh. You never know what will help.....

Diet Coke is also an excellent toilet cleaner as it will eat through the any stains. One has to wonder what it does to the stomach! I use to drink 8-12 cans of the stuff a day. I know have maybe a 20 ounce bottle of pop a month, spread over several days, and it's usually diet Dew or one of the flavored diet Dr. Peppers. (I do occasionally have a diet coke with rum or Jack Daniels if I'm out.)

Tom

Medicine really is as much of an art as a science,isn't it? I've heard Paxil and RA go well together, too. Who knows. I never can tell if my brain fog is due to Lupus or the meds. I do know that weather change and the amount of sunshine I get drastically effect my energy level..... Some things just don't show up on tests. I'm assuming you've looked back to see if there were any lifestyle changes that could account for your hitting a wall....

Betsyjane, my husband has restless leg syndrome and drinks monsters and coffee all day. I tell him that makes it worse but he tells me it doesn't. He usually ends up sleeping in three different spots all night from tossing and turning. He takes Advil PM before he goes to bed also. I feel like I wake up with a hang over if I take that stuff.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend planned. I am going to Rosarito, Mexico with my kids and some friends. We are staying at my girlfriends aunt's beach house that is right on the sand!! It will be so nice This is what it looks like right out of the back porch. Everyone be safe and have a nice weekend!!!!:clap2:

post-212039-13813135021615_thumb.jpg