Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Just remember "natural" isn't always good or good for you. Fecal matter is all natural but that doesn't mean I want to eat it! :heh:

Exactly! And who are we to be trying to be natural ...we all have plastic tubing inside us. :hungry:

Vikki--I am with you girl!! I would love to be able to wear some cute summer clothes! If only I could get my arms in shape! I have all that stuff hanging under my arm-yuk! I am working on it though. Maybe by summer it will be a little firmer! As for wearing shorts, my legs are full of scars from having 4 knee surgeries, so maybe capris would be better for me! And now that I am finally in onederland, it is a real possibility!

Just remember "natural" isn't always good or good for you. Fecal matter is all natural but that doesn't mean I want to eat it! :heh:

Thanks for the visual, Tom.... I will use that when I am tempted to eat chocolate..... :heh:

Karen

Vikki--I am with you girl!! I would love to be able to wear some cute summer clothes! If only I could get my arms in shape! I have all that stuff hanging under my arm-yuk! I am working on it though. Maybe by summer it will be a little firmer! As for wearing shorts, my legs are full of scars from having 4 knee surgeries, so maybe capris would be better for me! And now that I am finally in onederland, it is a real possibility!

I would wear capris but then I have to shave my legs. :omg:

Thanks for the visual, Tom.... I will use that when I am tempted to eat chocolate..... :heh:

Karen

Glad I could help, Karen.

I do prefer to eat foods grown "naturally" but I always get a kick out of packaging claiming "all natural". That, in and of itself, means nothing to me. I hope to have a small garden this year as I LOVE veggies fresh from the garden grown in "natural" goat poop, but we'll see. I'm afraid I'd fill up on veggies and miss the Protein. Of course, I'll probably have a pig or calf eating the goat milk and then eating it so I'll have some "natural" meat!

Tom

Good grief! Have been doing so well, and then today I have been drinking high calorie Protein Shakes all day...sort of liquid grazing. I cannot figure out why....I must be subconsciously bored or something! Ah, well. Tomorrow is another day. Fiddledeedee.

Good grief! Have been doing so well, and then today I have been drinking high calorie Protein Shakes all day...sort of liquid grazing. I cannot figure out why....I must be subconsciously bored or something! Ah, well. Tomorrow is another day. Fiddledeedee.

My arthritis flared up last Wednesday with the weather change and continues to be acting up. I wouldn't think the band would be at all tied to the RA but I've had trouble eating since then. If it's not food getting stuck, it's being nauseated. Yesterday I took two small bites of grilled chicken and a small bite of cottage cheese and barely made it to the restroom in time. I'm on liquids/squishies now just trying to get something in and down me as I feel weak from not eating. I'm sure I'm losing weight but not a great way to do it.

I got a Protein Shake down yesterday. This morning had some low-fat, NSA ice cream with a bit of Peanut Butter. I managed to get about a cup of shredded chicken in gravy over mashed potatoes down for lunch. I had another Protein shake mid-afternoon. Just feel very weak. I haven't had a fill for several weeks so it shouldn't be that. I took my Vitamin and Calcium pill and can feel it just sitting in the pouch. Even just Water kind of gurgles through slowly.

Tom

Oh dear! I do think the band can get tight from illness, especially one that causes inflammation anyway. Sounds like you are doing everything you can to keep going. do you need a bit of an unfill until you feel better? Would a Protein Bar work...the chocolate kind that kind of melt as you chew them? Feel better soon!

Oh dear! I do think the band can get tight from illness, especially one that causes inflammation anyway. Sounds like you are doing everything you can to keep going. do you need a bit of an unfill until you feel better? Would a Protein bar work...the chocolate kind that kind of melt as you chew them? Feel better soon!

I'm hoping that I don't need unfilled. I only have 2.5 cc in a 4 cc band so shouldn't be overfilled. It's been pretty good as long as I behave and eat slowly and the right kinds of food but this past week has been tough. The nauseau is more irriatating than the restriction. I had dry heaves yesterday and I NEVER get those. (I've always had the ability to vomit on command.) I'm just taking it easy and eating as much of soft foods as I can stand and hope my energy comes back. I'll have to call the doctor if I'm not feeling better soon.

Tom

Glad I could help, Karen.

I do prefer to eat foods grown "naturally" but I always get a kick out of packaging claiming "all natural". That, in and of itself, means nothing to me. I hope to have a small garden this year as I LOVE veggies fresh from the garden grown in "natural" goat poop, but we'll see. I'm afraid I'd fill up on veggies and miss the Protein. Of course, I'll probably have a pig or calf eating the goat milk and then eating it so I'll have some "natural" meat!

Tom

Kinda makes me long for processed food.... Don't like to think of all my "natural" food has to go through!!

Tom, could your band be tighter from vomiting?? Can you drink hot liquid first before eating something to see if that will loosen things up a bit?

Hope you feel better....must be awful to feel so weak with all you have to do around your place....:phanvan

I know what you mean Connie. I don't have scars but am as white as Casper and don't want to blind everyone so I might go with Capris too. Tom you might look good in Capris and shaving your legs isn't that bad. Just wear it with a tank top because your underarm hair will pull the attention away from your leg hair..........ha ha..... Tom- I would go on hot liquids for a couple of days and see if that helps loosen you up. A lot of times if something gets stuck the and I PB then the next day I am tight and have to do liquids. Wow this is a different lifestyle. Once we loose the weight it will be worth it but it is a frustrating and crazy journey with all of this!! Thanks for the support and info you all provide!!! Tom- those veggies grown with goat poop sound...mmm mmmm yummy!!!!!! You crack me up!!!

Tom... it seems you have lots on your plate...sometimes stress can make you tight. see if you can get calcium/magnesium chewable vitamins...they help relax you naturally and they relax tight muscles, including the ones around the esophagus. Since you have been PB'ng you might rest on warm liquids for a couple of days. I cook spinach and chicken in broth and then blend it...it goes down nicely and you are getting nutrition. try to stick to warm liquids for a couple of days.

Due to jet lag I have been tight since yesterday...I think I will make that Soup today. glad to see your sense of humor is still there :) :heh:

That is great Marni. No Drugs!!! Scary to think what our food is doing to our bodies. Diabetic, cancer, heart attacks. My brother is having heart surgery next week and he is 38. I think being on powder suppliments is better than eating all this stuff that is doing really bad things to our bodies. You have to wonder what all this packaged food with preservatives is doing to us. Microwave foods. Meals out of a box.

Makes you not want to eat anything but organic or raw. The way God intended our food to begin with. I finally dropped to 220 this week. I am so close to Onederland that I can TASTE it!!!!!:D I am determined to hit it by May!!!!! I want to wear shorts this summer darn it!!! I will have to spray the tan on but want to say bye bye to cottage cheese thighs!!!

Summer is near and I want to actually be able to wear summer cloths with out feeling so self contious about looking chunky monkey. Who is with me Bandsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to start a Bandster Marathon for motivation.:)

I AGREE 100000%. I think that all the un-natural food today can account for all the ADD, autism, cancer, infertility etc that our society is suffering from. Everything is just so process and full of crap. I am sure Angela can add more to this theory. I would love to just commit to organic stuff but can't seem to get it there. I do try to eat mostly home prepared foods and limit fast foods & processed crap.....

SO I am back from vacation. I hopped on the scale and Im up 4 lbs! I am hoping that most of it is Water retention. I took my diaretic today so we'll see what happens. I didn't gorge by any means but I did eat in fine resturaunts for a week and did eat more then I should. All I kept thinking about was that I was going to stretch my pouch! The other nite after dinner I ate a rather large meal and I was like, where did all that food go? I couldn't believe it fit in. Ill keep you updated but Im hoping and confident that a lot of the weight is water. I did drink A LOT of wine! How did you do on vacation Angela?