Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Okay, I took yesterday off and Today, I am going to attempt 3 yes 3 push ups. That will probably occur 3 reps of 1 tho! I doubt I could do 3 in a row. I think Ill stick with 5 sit ups but try 2 reps..... Gosh, I can't believe how out of shape I am!

So I think this fill is good but I seem to be having some problems with throwing up. I can't figure out if it is the carb or the Protein portion of what I am eating but it is certainly more difficult this time to keep things down.

Hi Brooksie. I missed you. What's up with the unfill? You OK?

Hi...I had to get unfilled because I kept trying and trying to eat less and less, but I still got stuck several times. It got to the point that I thought I had a sore throat, but it was just sore and swollen for PBing too much. They took out all of it and immediately...I could feel the difference. The nurse put back all but .4 and now I am losing weight again. I think it was so tight that it was causing me to eat the wrong foods. The unofficial weight loss is 32. I am down to 224 in the mornings. I also, contacted Dr. Curry who is on this forum on another thread. He assured me that it will be harder and slower for me because of my Type 1 diabetes. I am on an insulin pump 24/7. He helpped me rethink... I am still hoping that someday weight loss will help me come off of the insulin, but doubtful. I walked 5 days last week for 20 minutes too. I am not getting another fill until I am sure I really really need it. I can't go threw PBing again. The last day before my appointment I PBing 5 times before I could get to their office. It felt like I had a knot in my throat all day too. So..anyway...I'm still trying.

LIVE AND LEARN---A STRETCHED POUCH

5 days ago, all of a sudden I felt like I could eat anything. i even tried a few bites of bread...and no problem. Odd, since until then I had felt like I was at a perfect fill. so I hiked on over to get a fill. She put in .2cc and we watched the barium just sit there....I was totally closed! So she took out the .2cc and I looked just perfect.

So I couldn't figure out why I could eat more stuff. She looked at the fluoro and told me I have stretched my pouch!!!! Oh No!!! The ultimate diaster. Everything I have heard says that a stretched pouch negates the surgery!!! I was ready to cry! She looked at me like I was nuts. I felt nuts.

I couldn't figure out what I did....except that about a week ago, I said goodbye to my Protein Shakes because I felt like I wanted to only get my calories from solid food...period. I must have compensated for the missing shake by eating more and stretched it out, and then when I went back to eating correctly, I just never felt full.

So she calmly said to go on liquids for 2-3 days so the pouch would retrun to normal size. And I did. And it did! I am totally back on track!

Live and learn. Next time I think I need a fill, I'm going to go on liquids for a day and see if that takes care of it. And I'm going to work hard to nurture my little pouch better!

I noticed a thing on the wall that said....I don't remember the words, but in my words, it said that sliders (my word) and mushies are like liquid calories...a no no. So the other thing I've been doing is using sliders to get my food down. Maybe that did it. I'm not sure. But that was something what was a change for me so maybe that's it. I guess I'm going back to a shake in the morning, a salad at noon, and a meat a nd vege at night.... I think I must be fighting the stark reality that I need to struggle with each bite of solid dry food, no liquify it. I'm not sure. I'm just thinking out loud.

5 days ago, all of a sudden I felt like I could eat anything. i even tried a few bites of bread...and no problem. Odd, since until then I had felt like I was at a perfect fill. so I hiked on over to get a fill. She put in .2cc and we watched the barium just sit there....I was totally closed! So she took out the .2cc and I looked just perfect.

So I couldn't figure out why I could eat more stuff. She looked at the fluoro and told me I have stretched my pouch!!!! Oh No!!! The ultimate diaster. Everything I have heard says that a stretched pouch negates the surgery!!! I was ready to cry! She looked at me like I was nuts. I felt nuts.

I couldn't figure out what I did....except that about a week ago, I said goodbye to my Protein Shakes because I felt like I wanted to only get my calories from solid food...period. I must have compensated for the missing shake by eating more and stretched it out, and then when I went back to eating correctly, I just never felt full.

So she calmly said to go on liquids for 2-3 days so the pouch would retrun to normal size. And I did. And it did! I am totally back on track!

Live and learn. Next time I think I need a fill, I'm going to go on liquids for a day and see if that takes care of it. And I'm going to work hard to nurture my little pouch better!

GET OUT! I can't believe that would stretch the pouch that much. I tend to eat more than I should every so often. I thought it would take much more indulgence on a regular basis to do that. THanks for the heads up! Thank god it shrank back up. However, I don't think eating instead of drinking is what could have done it.

Thank Goodness they found out what was going on and it didn't slip. They used the x-ray machine on me the last time they removed some saline, but didn't have me drink barium. I wish they had. She said the band was in the right place. I'm doing so much better with just a little bit out. I'm able to eat less mushie stuff like you said, but on the flip side I still have restriction.

Yeah, Marni. I'm not sure I have the answers on why it stretched. Just trying to figure it out from the food changes I had made. The fill person also said I might have had too much restriction so I was eating OK, but it was backingup into the pouch for too long before it went down. Who knows. Anyway, it put the fear of God in me and I'm going to tighten up my act.

Hello from Paris!

BJ I am so glqd you are all fixed up. I bet it was scqry!

Brooksie glqd you are qlso doing better!!!

I have been walking lots here in Paris and eating well, but having dessert etc. in moderqtion. This morning I weighed myself and I lost 2lbs! Yesterday I tried to hve steak for lunch, it was embarassing because It would not go down well so I left ,most of my lunch just sitting there and prayed >I could get out of there soon. As soon as I exited the restqurqnt I PB d!!!!! on the sidewalk!!! The rest of the trip no problems even at high altitude on the plane it was fine.

Sorry about spelling the keyboards here are different.

Until later!

November Bandsters, where did you all go. I'm having withdrawals. It used to be food I craved, now its November Bandster talk. lol.

I noticed a decrease in users too. Where is funny Tom?? I love reading his long drawn out stories that make me crack up. I am going to get my second fill next month. I am eating everything besides bread and Pasta right now. I am trying to keep it at 1200 calories a day but it is hard when you feel HUNGRY. I have a question for you guys. I know that our port is a forign object in our body but the last week I keep having a sharp pain around my port. Do you guys get this at all. I have never felt this even right after it was put in. I am wondering if it is moving around and is making my area sore? Do they usually stitch it so it won't move. Could the stitching maybe be the pinching feeling I have. I woke up last night laying on my side and I had a sharp pain and it is sore when I poke around. Just wondering if you guys get this sensation too? I won't see my Dr. until next month with my fill.

I noticed a decrease in users too. Where is funny Tom?? I love reading his long drawn out stories that make me crack up. I am going to get my second fill next month. I am eating everything besides bread and Pasta right now. I am trying to keep it at 1200 calories a day but it is hard when you feel HUNGRY. I have a question for you guys. I know that our port is a forign object in our body but the last week I keep having a sharp pain around my port. Do you guys get this at all. I have never felt this even right after it was put in. I am wondering if it is moving around and is making my area sore? Do they usually stitch it so it won't move. Could the stitching maybe be the pinching feeling I have. I woke up last night laying on my side and I had a sharp pain and it is sore when I poke around. Just wondering if you guys get this sensation too? I won't see my Dr. until next month with my fill.

You definately need a fill. I didn't get restriction until my second fill and that was minimal. This third fill is great. I do know how it is when you feel hungry and that is part of the point with the band, not feeling hungry. With the right restriction it will be easier.

Every once in a while I get a sharp pain where the port is. Its a weird feeling, but leaves as quickly as it comes and it doesn't happen often. It's good to know someone else feels the same thing, makes me not feel so weird about it. Maybe someone else will be able to tell us why that happens.

Where is everyone? Did they all go with Angela to Paris and not tell us? :P

I noticed a decrease in users too. Where is funny Tom??

I'm here. Things have been crazy around here. One of my goats that I wasn't even sure was pregnant had babies this week so I know have her to milk and the babies to feed. One of my puppies came into heat this week so my male is going bonkers. (He doesn't eat and continually paces. Seems like a much easier way to lose weight. Just worry about the sex you're not going to get. Wait, though. I tried that and I was still fat! :heh: )

I met with the surgeon on Monday and he was very pleased with my progress. I also met with the dietician and she was happy with my food choices. I am suppose to start Calcium supplements as they want me to have at least 1500 mg per day. (She said use caclium citrate.) I bought a bottle but waiting until next week as I have a bone scan scheduled since I have rheumatoid arthritis and occassionally take steroids so they want to make sure I haven't had bone loss since my last scan 5 years ago. Under the circumstances, the calcium is probably a good idea anyway.

A friend came out to spend a couple of days on the farm and ended up in the ER. He was playing with the dogs and all of sudden got very light headed, started vomitting and had pain in his left arm. His father died of a heart attack and a former roommate had similar symptoms, said he was going to lay down for awhile and the next morning he found him dead so he was a more than bit scared. Never did find out what caused it but there went half the night. Had an RA flair up the next day so I was mostly out of commission.

I did workout tonight and weigh in and I'm down 3 more pounds! YEAH! :clap2: The doctor did give me a suggestion of 210 as my goal so now 27 pounds to go to get there. I did buy a pair of jeans on sale and they were a 36 waist. This time last year, I was in a 46! I'm 79 pounds lighter than I was on 3/31/06 so I'm happy.

Sorry, not much humor tonight. Just feel like I'm running in 12 different directions and the fun has yet to begin. Beginning the first week of April, I've got 10 more goats to have babies and then another puppy to come into heat to drive the male a bit more bonkers. (Which means I don't sleep!)

Tom

November Bandsters, where did you all go. I'm having withdrawals. It used to be food I craved, now its November Bandster talk. lol.

Amen! I keep coming back and there is no one here! So Im in Napa. Let me tell you, It doesn't take too long to get me drunk these days! I know, Im not supposed to drink but Im in wine country!