Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

sg_sg, 30 lbs. and 2 pants sizes is awesome!! Way to go! Keep up the good work! :(

my progress: well, I have taken off 82 lbs. and down 6 pant sizes. I have been overwhelmingly pleased! It hasn't been easy but well worth it. If someone would have told me a year ago that I would be getting up at 4:00 a.m. to get on the treadmill and then exercising more when I got home from work, I would have told them they were crazy but that's my reality now.

hardest thing: when my band got too full and I wasn't able to even get liquids down. :) It was horrible!

easier than I thought: I don't think that I would say easier but I never figured I would drop weight this quickly. Instead of easier I'll say it has given me things I never counted on: willpower and determination.

Denise, you and I were banded on the same day----I've only lost 30 pounds and you have lost 82?? What ARE you doing, Girl? Are you actually eating at all??? :nervous

No wonder I worry about my lack of progress.... sigh.....

Karen

I went to Spivak's support group last night. There were a half dozen people there who had lost well over 100 pounds. I was shocked. The big losers were also aggressive dieters, eating around 600 calories a day, far less than I eat. I guess I have to decide if I have those aggressive goals. Here's a sample of a day's menu for these folks....

1/2 yogurt for breakfast-save the other half for a snack.< /p>

lettuce and tomatoes for lunch.< /p>

meat and vege for dinner.< /p>

no Snacks except that half yogurt

aerobic workout 5 days a week.

Have I been in the dark???? I eat twice that much per day and I can't imagine filling up on half a yogurt.

BetsyJane,

Was this support group for both lapbanders AND gastric bypass patients? If so, then that may explain why some people lose so much on so little food. The bypass people I know eat just tiny amounts of food and lose so much faster. The downside is that they also stop losing after about 1-2 years and then their metabolism is so slow they gain back weight if they don't continue to eat almost nothing. We have a lot of advantages with the band, we just have to not compare ourselves to others for the first year or two. You are doing great!! :clap2:

Karen

My problem is the opposite and I was going to start a topic like this today as well. My husband is freaking out! It's just horrible. He supported me having the surgery and didn't want me fat. So I have the surgery, Im doing great. Ive lost 30 lbs. Now, we don't talk much about my progress, never talk about dr visits... He thinks Im looking for men on the internet, flirting and hanging all over this guy at a party we went to, thought after 2 drinks I was over doing it, and thinks that I now think him to be unappealing to me! I am devestated. I thought I would be having the emotional problems, but he obviously can't deal. Ive never felt so in control and good. I am 5 lbs away from the lowest I have ever weighed and I am starting to look good! Why isn't he thrilled? Why doens't he support me and tell me I look great. Forget that, tell me I look HOT! Anyway, Im have such problems! HELP!

About 12 years ago I lost about 75 pounds using fen-phen. I looked great and felt wonderful....but my husband was impossible to figure out!! Some days he was so proud of me and other days he freaked out. I also had recently started my own business and was having lots of dealings with men and getting alot of attention. I thought my weight loss would make my long-time marriage even better.... but for the first couple of years it made it worse. Gradually, though, my hubby began to relax and started to really appreciate the new, "free" me.... I wanted to go out more, have more fun, was less inhibited and laughed more. He loved it! Then all the studies came out with the bad news about fen-phen; I had tests done and discovered it had damaged my heart...so no more "fun" for me! I truly believe the Band is the healthy answer to our weight problems, and that as you become happier within yourselves your husbands will respond likewise. They just need some time to adjust to the new you and to see that the really important things will NOT change!

Hang in there!

Karen

Hi All!

Just wanted to let you know...another bandster board asked me to host a thread called Ask Dr. Trumbauer...it is fun going to both boards, and some of the same people are there also as we find here. It is band2gether.net. I ahve also been doing a commitment thread there and it has been helpful, although latelt it has been more difficult. Usually I come to my November Bandsters first!!! I luv you guys!!:clap2:

Congratulations, Angela, on your new "project"!! You are such an inspiration and now others will find that out, too! But keep our Nov. Bandsters at the top of your "favorites" list, please!! We need you!

:( Karen

Congratulations, Angela, on your new "project"!! You are such an inspiration and now others will find that out, too! But keep our Nov. Bandsters at the top of your "favorites" list, please!! We need you!

:( Karen

Thanks Karen! I'll call later!

Denise, you and I were banded on the same day----I've only lost 30 pounds and you have lost 82?? What ARE you doing, Girl? Are you actually eating at all??? :nervous

No wonder I worry about my lack of progress.... sigh.....

Karen

Don't feel bad about your progress. 30 lbs. is wonderful!! Keep in mind that I have 100 lbs. more to lose then you. That may have something to do with it. As far as what I am doing....yes, I am eating. I watch my calorie intake and exercise. I set mini goals for myself and that really helps me stay on track. For instance, my wedding anniversary is this Sunday and I had a place in mind that I wanted to be by then and I really pushed myself. I am happy to report that I have beat that goal by 2 lbs. and am going to push myself to lose 3 more by then. Who knows if I will but if I don't continue to push myself, I won't be able to do it.

There are some things that I could do but don't because I know it's best for me not to. For instance, I only drink Water. I could have other sf drinks but I choose not to. I also rarely eat any bread or potatoes. I never buy either one and therefore I'm not tempted. Desserts are a thing of the past, I just don't go there anymore. I am very fortunate that dh is totally supportive and if I'm not eating it, he won't either.

Keep up the good work Karen. You are doing great!!

Don't feel bad about your progress. 30 lbs. is wonderful!! Keep in mind that I have 100 lbs. more to lose then you. That may have something to do with it. As far as what I am doing....yes, I am eating. I watch my calorie intake and exercise. I set mini goals for myself and that really helps me stay on track. For instance, my wedding anniversary is this Sunday and I had a place in mind that I wanted to be by then and I really pushed myself. I am happy to report that I have beat that goal by 2 lbs. and am going to push myself to lose 3 more by then. Who knows if I will but if I don't continue to push myself, I won't be able to do it.

There are some things that I could do but don't because I know it's best for me not to. For instance, I only drink Water. I could have other sf drinks but I choose not to. I also rarely eat any bread or potatoes. I never buy either one and therefore I'm not tempted. Desserts are a thing of the past, I just don't go there anymore. I am very fortunate that dh is totally supportive and if I'm not eating it, he won't either.

Keep up the good work Karen. You are doing great!!

Thanks, Denise....but you have to give yourself alot of credit for your wise choices!! The water idea is great. I can't believe you have developed so much self-control to give up all other drinks! You are doing unbelievably well and it is due to your hard work, exercise, and your smart food choices. No bread, no potatoes.... no DESSERT?? You are amazing!! Wow and DOUBLE-wow!! Congratulations! :rockon:

Karen

Thanks!! I have went too many years eating and drinking whatever I wanted. Dh and I want to start a family but I refuse to do it until I get more weight off. That's a big motivation!!!

Nope. They were bandsters not bypass. It's bothering me. I have a long way to go to get down to that number of calories and those partions.

Hi all. I have been reading all your posts and keeping up, just not posting alot. I guess that makes me a lurker.:nervous This is the best group around. I'm going in Friday for another fill. I had good restriction for about a week with the last one, but not much after that so I'm thinking a little more might get me to that sweet spot. My main problem now is a distorted body image. Everyone tells me how great I look and I know that I weigh less now than I have for over 11 years but I don't see that when I look in the mirror. I need my head to catch up with my body I think. I changed 5 times this morning and was almost late for work. Most everything is big, but when something fits like it should I can't stand it and pull and tug to try and make it bigger. I'm driving my husband nuts!

ok got a question we are all about 19 weeks out ..Well i am and i have lost about 20 pounds ...I know this is slow compaired to others and i know do not compaire to others ...But is anyone else in this boat with me. I feel like a loser and not in a good way. I have 2.5 in a 4cc band and i am going to go for another fill on SAturday since i can eat everything in sight right now.
I'm right with you. My weight is stalled . I can eat anything i want at night. I've only had two fills so I'm trying to find someone in Arizona to give me a fill.:) Feel like a loser too. Kelley

Kjojojr and Mikkozoe, I am a slow loser too. I lost the best those two weeks of liquids and after adding food in my loss has tapered to just under a pound a week. I will go for another fill the week after next (i have 2.3cc's now) and I hope that restriction will return.

Please don't feel like losers! I think about how I would have long since been on the way to gaining back what weight I HAVE lost without my band. Get your fills, follow bandster rules, and trust your band. It is going to happen for us!

I keep struggling with whether Portion Control is enough or whether a diet needs to also happen.....

You ALL are doing great!! We are all different!

Betsy Jane...yes watchig what you eat in addition to the band's built in portion control does help. Sugar should not be a part of our eating and other high glycemic foods as our body reacts differently even if calories are not high. The occasional treat is fine ocf course. Watch fats...high in calories, but we do need a moderate amount of thr good fats for our health.

Lean meats and veggies and some fruit and water.... some people need to watch dairy.