Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Wow Angela, I just checked out your my space and it is soooo cool. I loved the slide show and the dolphin page. You are so lucky you have lost so much so fast. I can't get down past 30 pounds. I am happy that I have lost weight but I keep going up and down threw the 220's. I already had a fill and it was real tight for awhile so I don't want to go get another for awhile. What do you suggest? I am exercising a lot and I have lost a lot in my thighs and my waist is starting to slim down. I just want to get to Onederland so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:think

Just remember that muscle weighs more, so if you have been exercising weight might go up some but inches come off...and that is what is happening to you!! I need to start a weight training program now. I also make sur e i eat enough and 5 times a day to keep my metabolism up. I eat high Protein, low carb, low cals as possible and as low fat as possible except for good things like a handful of almonds or a teaspoon of Peanut Butter and of course olive oil all heart healthy. MAke sure you get at least 800- 1,100 clas per day. check your BMR to see about your calories and how much you need to eat to lose weight... it is posted on this thread.

Good luck!

PS Angela........I hope I look as good at 49 as you do. Thanks for the tip. I got a referal from my Dr. yesterday to go see a nutritionist threw my insurance. I am hoping they help me to kick start the weight loss again. When I first had the surgery getting off of carbs really made my weight drop quick but now it is used to not getting carbs and is at a platue. I know Patients...............I am trying!!!! One day at a time. One meal at a time........One workout at a time!!!!! Have a great V-day!!!!

Oberhasli....Tom!!!! Where are you? Are you OK? It has been days!!!! Has winter hit you hard?? Le tus know how you are doing.

Oberhasli....Tom!!!! Where are you? Are you OK? It has been days!!!! Has winter hit you hard?? Le tus know how you are doing.

I'm here. The last few days have been eventful weather-wise. During the day Tuesday, we got close to 15" of snow. The county a couple miles away had blizzard warnings. Yesterday we had the highest level of snow emergency they call which means only essential vehicles are permitted on the road. Tuesday late afternoon, my Water froze (second time in a week). At 2:30 AM, I was crawling under the house and putting a space heater by the water intake. It worked as around 3:15 AM, the water broke loose. Yesterday afternoon, I finally got someone here to plow the driveway which is 300'+. My ex-wife ran out of hay and couldn't get out so I had to take her a few bales. I did find that carrying a bale of hay 100'+ through 15" of snow is a GREAT workout.

The bad news is the last two days I've kind of sat around and ate my "bon-bons". (Fortunately, I didn't have any in the house but I tended to graze my way through the days since I couldn't do anything else.) Went out with a friend last night for dinner. There wasn't much open so choices were limited. We went to a upscale dinner/sports bar kind of place. NOTHING on the menu sounded good but I finally ordered the club sandwich which was served on a bun figuring I could easily eat just the meat and had a side of vegetable medley. I made sure I specified the sandwich to have no onion and verified the vegetables had none as I am allergic and made sure the waitress knew the reason. Sandwich arrived with red onion hanging out of the sandwich. Sent it back. My friend had ordered a chicken sandwich and got a hamburger which was WAY overcooked. Sent it back too. Got my sandwich, too a small bite of the vegetables and notice small pieces of onion throughout so I told her to just take it away. (I got two bites of the sandwich before it got lodged and I had to excuse myself to dislodge it. I figured it would have actual roast beef and turkey, not cheap lunch meat.) They made a big deal out of the fact that they took my sandwich off the check but did offer complimentary Desserts. I just told the waitress I don't eat dessert but she kept offering. My friend had triamasu but after several bites found a hair in the whipped cream. An end to an an already not great day!

Back to work today.:cry And tonight is workout night.:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry (Yeah, I still don't like it but do make myself do it.)

Tom

Glad you are back Tom!! Whay a night out you had.... one of those should have stayed home ones.:D We have a few missing in action bandsters it seems.

Tom, what a day! Sometimes it seems like such a chore to eat out because a lot of servers just don't get 'special orders'. It always makes me want to look at them and say "What about this don't you understand?" UGH!

I agree. My husband is trying to be patient when I get into the special order at restaurants. I ask questions like does it have a lot of juice......is it soft? He gives me the look like "oh my god". I just tell him listen I don't want to waist my money on something on can't eat. I give up trying to eat anything solid anymore. I just go for the Soup to be on the safe side and if it is solid stuff in it well then I sip the juice and crush up crackers in it. I am a cheap date now. I ask for a side of this and a side of that to use as my lubricant. My kids think that the way I eat is gross but at least I am not sitting there with my eyes popping out which does happen and will still happen but trying to not be in pain and enjoy my meal. It is hard to know what is going to stick. I am in Orange County which will be in the 80's today. I love living in Souther Calif this time of year. That is why we get the snow birds.

Have a great day you guys.

I agree. My husband is trying to be patient when I get into the special order at restaurants. I ask questions like does it have a lot of juice......is it soft? He gives me the look like "oh my god". I just tell him listen I don't want to waist my money on something on can't eat. I give up trying to eat anything solid anymore. I just go for the Soup to be on the safe side and if it is solid stuff in it well then I sip the juice and crush up crackers in it. I am a cheap date now. I ask for a side of this and a side of that to use as my lubricant. My kids think that the way I eat is gross but at least I am not sitting there with my eyes popping out which does happen and will still happen but trying to not be in pain and enjoy my meal. It is hard to know what is going to stick. I am in Orange County which will be in the 80's today. I love living in Souther Calif this time of year. That is why we get the snow birds.

Have a great day you guys.

Vikki, I agree about loving So. Calif. this time of year!! I live just outside of Ventura, and I drive by the ocean everyday on my way to work....and it is blue, clear, and gorgeous. I open the sun roof on my car and smell the clean air, the breeze is soft and warm.... hmmmmmmmm. I think I need to take some time off work to "smell the roses"!! Whereabouts in O.C. do you live?? Oh, and sorry Tom for this description,....hope you can get a vicarious thrill!! :D

Karen

Hi Karen,

I live really close to the beach in beautiful Huntington Beach, Orange County. I am not a beach bunnie since I am as white as snow and do not want to be seen in a bathing suit. I just love to look out at the ocean and hear the waves crash. Nothing more beautiful than watching the sun set at the beach. I have lived here all my life and could not amagine living in snow. Having to wear more than just a sweater in the winter. It has been pretty cold this winter. I trip out if it goes in the 40's which it has a lot this winter. We should meet up some time. At the beach and go for a nice long walk.:cheer2: :cheer2:

Hi Karen,

I live really close to the beach in beautiful Huntington Beach, Orange County. I am not a beach bunnie since I am as white as snow and do not want to be seen in a bathing suit. I just love to look out at the ocean and hear the waves crash. Nothing more beautiful than watching the sun set at the beach. I have lived here all my life and could not amagine living in snow. Having to wear more than just a sweater in the winter. It has been pretty cold this winter. I trip out if it goes in the 40's which it has a lot this winter. We should meet up some time. At the beach and go for a nice long walk.:cheer2: :cheer2:

Vicki,

That would be great! I would love to know another person who feels like I do about the beach.... I am also white as snow, and hate how I look in a bathing suit (and would not like to share THAT view with anyone else!) But I LOVE watching the waves, hearing the ocean sounds, walking on sand. Usually, I do that in the early evening.... It is nice to live so close to the beach. :shade:

Karen

Alright...I'm moving to California. :Banane20: We've either got single digit temperatures or snow here in Chicago.

Hi everyone! So glad to see you are all doing good. Way to go Angela!!! You are just melting away, hunh? I'm doing good. I was supposed to have my first fill on the 26th, but I just found out that my Mother scheduled everyone to do a family portrait that day. Lovely. So, now I'm going to call and reschedule it for March 5th.

Other then that, I've finally broken down and bought a scale last night. Before I was waiting for each visit to my doctor's office. I had said that I wasn't going to get one until I made it out of the 300's. So much for that. :D

So, one day with the scale, and I can see myself becoming a scale junkie. I'm still going to stick with the Dr's weigh-in's as my "official" ones for right now.

Oh, and I'm learning alot following you November bandsters around. Sometimes more then I want to know, *cough* Tom *cough* :Banane20: But alot all the same!

Talk to you soon!

Alright...I'm moving to California. :Banane20: We've either got single digit temperatures or snow here in Chicago.

Hi everyone! So glad to see you are all doing good. Way to go Angela!!! You are just melting away, hunh? I'm doing good. I was supposed to have my first fill on the 26th, but I just found out that my Mother scheduled everyone to do a family portrait that day. Lovely. So, now I'm going to call and reschedule it for March 5th.

Other then that, I've finally broken down and bought a scale last night. Before I was waiting for each visit to my doctor's office. I had said that I wasn't going to get one until I made it out of the 300's. So much for that. :Banane20:

So, one day with the scale, and I can see myself becoming a scale junkie. I'm still going to stick with the Dr's weigh-in's as my "official" ones for right now.

Oh, and I'm learning alot following you November bandsters around. Sometimes more then I want to know, *cough* Tom *cough* :Banane20: But alot all the same!

Talk to you soon!

:clap2: YEAH, CHRIS!!! It is so good to hear from you!! I'm so glad you haven't forgotten us!! I'm happy to hear that you are doing so well.... are you feeling good/energenic? What size band did you get? I am going for my second fill on March 12; the first one didn't do anything!! But I have the 10cc band, and so it will take awhile, I suppose. It is so good to know you are "following us around".... please, come stay awhile!!

:D Karen

Hi everyone! I got my second fill today. Don't feel the difference yet but maybe by tomorrow?

Glad to hear that your ok Tom. Brrrr...and what luck with the restraunt. Your servers must have trained here. I think I have had them before. lol.

I'm in Northern California and wishing I had that Southern Cal sunshine. I do get to enjoy the ocean so I can't complain too much. And I'm not 9 feet deep in snow.

Does everyone else feel as cold as I am since they've been banded? I've always been the one sweating and opening the windows in the office. Now I am turning up the heat!

Hi everyone! I got my second fill today. Don't feel the difference yet but maybe by tomorrow?

Glad to hear that your ok Tom. Brrrr...and what luck with the restraunt. Your servers must have trained here. I think I have had them before. lol.

I'm in Northern California and wishing I had that Southern Cal sunshine. I do get to enjoy the ocean so I can't complain too much. And I'm not 9 feet deep in snow.

Does everyone else feel as cold as I am since they've been banded? I've always been the one sweating and opening the windows in the office. Now I am turning up the heat!

Tweety, am I reading your signature correctly... you have a 10cc band and had 2 fills, and are only at about 4cc now? I have only 2cc in my 10cc band, and expect to get another 2cc with my second fill next month. Can you please let us know if what you have is not doing the trick? I am so far away from my doctor and I will ask for more of a fill if 4ccs seems too little. Thanks... and yes, I am not as "hot-blooded" now as before... maybe it DOES have something to do with our weight??

Karen

Vicki,

That would be great! I would love to know another person who feels like I do about the beach.... I am also white as snow, and hate how I look in a bathing suit (and would not like to share THAT view with anyone else!) But I LOVE watching the waves, hearing the ocean sounds, walking on sand. Usually, I do that in the early evening.... It is nice to live so close to the beach. :shade:

Karen

Karen-MMMMM sounds soooo nice...i love the beach also!! In that same way.... no beach bunny here... I'm going to PAris in March.... using the money I wouold have spent on the fill for Paris instead.... Once I really need a fill I will know it....maybe I am one of those who don't need one for a looong time!:D :Banane20:

Tom- I joined Gold's Gym today and tried the elliptical...thought of you!!! OUCH! 4 minutes and I was panting!!! Then i did the threadmill for 25 minutes and a few weights.... felt good!