Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Tom, it's funny that you mention it. I knew one reason I grazed was out of boredom. Not grazing now, I find that I have more time on my hands. It's not cratering me, and I'm not depresses. I just find it interesting. Sometimes I turn toward the fridge, stop, and say "Now what should I do?" and I draw a blank. It's kind of funny. It's certainly not all of the probem, but I think it got worse after I got Lupus and couldn't keep up with my former life, so I spend alot of time at home and with limited energy and brain power. Being crafty is not a strong suit....Maybe I'm replacing some of the noshing with hanging around lapbandtalk.com.... Not a big deal...just an interesting self-observation.

Also interestingly, I was a horrible grazer, and the band allowed me to stop doing it. Go figure.

I know what you mean PR! If I eat any carbs, I am off my game for hours!

I find the best person to talk to about a problem is some who is going through what you are going through. I hope that you guys are my support?

<O:p

I can't think of myself as thin because I never have been! I know the band is working…I am far from eating the way I use too. I am just the type of person that has a hard time waiting for anything. I want to wake up in the morning and be thin.

Thank you for support! We are all in this together or we wouldn’t have gotten the band!

I find tremendous support from this website and especially from the November bandsters. The struggles and the triumphs are something we all go through and it definitely helps to be able to talk to others who know what we are feeling. I think you all are the best and I think we all have each others best interests in mind. :hug:

I 'm so right there with you PrBrooksie, I have a hard time waiting. It would be great to wake up and be thin, (never been there either), hopefully the help we get here encourages us to do better. I have learned so much from the advice others have given and the stories shared. I'm addicted to lapbandtalk. Love you all! Your inspirational!I sound so mushy today. :love:

I am so happy for all of you that are doing so well, but feel a bit envious because I don't really know what you are experiencing...I don't know what a restriction feels like, being "too full", even a PB! I think that is why I haven't felt like posting much here lately, because I don't really feel like a banded person....:think

Karen

I hear ya. I think I feel the same way. I did finally have a fill and maybe Im a bit "fuller" but no real resticition, no, hey better stop at this bite, no pb'g, no puking. Nothing. I swear I could sit down to an all you can eat buffet and hang with the best of them. I am waiting to really feel different. I was told, oh, when you go to a resturaunt you will only be able to order and eat 1/2 an appetizer. NOT! Haven't even ordered one! So, Karen, Im here with you. Understanding how you feel. Hang in there!

I know! I know! I've only had a week of real restriction...after 3 fills...and now I'm cruising! But it's only been for 1 week out of 3 months. I was impatient.

I think for me the hardest advice to hear is the "Just Do It" stuff. I've heard that so many times and failed at weight loss that I can't hear it objectively anymore. It's all tied up in the knee jerk prejudices about obese people. But I can hear "Here's how I'm doing it". For me, it's the difference between someone pointing a finger and saying YOU, and someone putting an arm around me and saying "Let me share what I did".

I hear ya. I think I feel the same way. I did finally have a fill and maybe Im a bit "fuller" but no real resticition, no, hey better stop at this bite, no pb'g, no puking. Nothing. I swear I could sit down to an all you can eat buffet and hang with the best of them. I am waiting to really feel different. I was told, oh, when you go to a resturaunt you will only be able to order and eat 1/2 an appetizer. NOT! Haven't even ordered one! So, Karen, Im here with you. Understanding how you feel. Hang in there!

What a nice post, Marni.... thank you. LOL about the "all you can eat buffet" comment---I agree totally! I sometimes eat a little something before I go out to eat just so I won't lick the plate after my meal..... I was sooooooo wanting to only be able to eat 1/2 an appetizer . :cry

Thanks again for the support,

Karen

Hello all! How are you doing? I hope that everyone is doing well! I am getting my second fill tomorrow and I am very excited! Right now I am really struggling with "unconsciously eating." sort of just eating things without thinking and sort of regressing to some old bad habits, I really need to feel some more restriction again! I have also been really struggling with anxiety and depression, so that is really why I have not been on in awhile! I hope that you are all happy and finding confidence! Thinking of you all! Have a great day!

Good Morning!

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking after my post yesterday. Yes…I was a little offended by the comments that were made to me about my struggles with my eating.

I know a lot of us want to find out the reason why we eat so much that it has created our weight problems. I do too, but I believe I could never find out the true reason. I think one doctor might say it was because of this reason and another might say for another. Heck, since I was a 9 month old baby doctors were saying I was too fat and telling my mom to put me on skim milk.

I am not super obese, but I do like to eat. I have controlled my weight some or I would be. I just like food! I like to cook it and eat it. I do believe that our senses control a lot of it…which trigger hormones that tell us to eat.

1. It could be because of a medical condition. I am diabetic that I can’t process the food intake like a skinny person

2. It could be because I see, smell, and taste food that I am overweight.

<O:p3. It could be that I don’t get enough exercise because my internal body doesn’t use the food I consume as energy…etc.

What I eat has this powerful ability to influence on me. We all know too that carbs trigger something to make us hungrier and I love my carbs! Even when we are stress…our bodies react by telling our brains we need this and that.

Obviously, we have to eat to survive. It’s not the same as an alcoholic or drug addict. We can’t take the drug away and it will all be better. I could wear a clothing pin on my nose all day…LOL.

It’s not that we don’t have the will power or that our physics are so weak that we can’t control our hungry. I don’t think I had physiological problems at 9 months old. I think we all have physiological problems to some extent. I find the best person to talk to about a problem is some who is going through what you are going through. I hope that you guys are my support?

I can't think of myself as thin because I never have been! I know the band is working…I am far from eating the way I use too. I am just the type of person that has a hard time waiting for anything. I want to wake up in the morning and be thin.

Thank you for support! We are all in this together or we wouldn’t have gotten the band!

PRBrooksie, I don't think anyone meant to offend you but all of us experience different things in life. Using the collective experiences and finding the answer or combination of answers that work for you is the key. Everyone of us is an individual that shares the common bond of being overweight AND trying to do something about it.

Food *IS* a drug. And in some ways far worse than drugs or alcohol as those you can opt to avoid. Ask any professional and they'll tell you an alcoholic should not touch a drop. Unfortunately, a "foodalholic" doesn't have that option making it a much harder addiction to kick. You have to have food. The key is eating in moderation. (A drunk doesn't get to drink in moderation!)

Mental health, and I'm not talking about being "nuts", is key. YOU have to have confidence in your ability and stop beating yourself up. No one else is going to be as big of an advocate for your success than you are yourself. You may need some help in changing your outlook. Once your start with that, the rest may become much easier.

Tom

I just love reading all of your comments. It is like a bandster reality show!!!!!!!!!!:) Thanks for everyone being so honest about what you are going threw and all of the advice. It helps out so much to not feel like the only one going threw this total change in our life.

Thanks again and I am a lapbandtalk addict.....a good addiction for once!!!:clap2:

Good Morning!

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking after my post yesterday. Yes…I was a little offended by the comments that were made to me about my struggles with my eating.

I reviewed some of the responsed and am trying to find out where you were ofended? I think what some where trying to say is that sometimes "outside" help is necessary to deal with certain issues in our lives. Sometimes our best friends, families and support groups are not enough. Hang in there. You are well on your way!

Some of you have lost 60 plus pounds and had your band after me. I'm jealous!

Please, please, please don't feel this way. I know how tempting it is but none of us can judge our weightloss by someone elses. Yes, I have lost over 60 pounds and I am very proud of that, but it's important to remember that we all started at different places. I started out weighing a lot more than you. This is such a normal feeling for us all because we all want to get this weight off and enjoy our new lives. Sometimes I look at your weight and others lower than me and think "Man! How I wish I weighed 232 pounds". It's a normal feeling but we can't let it overcome us.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking after my post yesterday.

I find the best person to talk to about a problem is some who is going through what you are going through. I hope that you guys are my support?

We are all in this together! I will definetely be part of your support system! That's what we are here for. You all our my support as well. I am with you on not being able to think of myself as thin. I have never been thin. Most all of my family is obese and I have a hard time waiting too. Part of me wishes I could wake up thin and it all be over but I know that if I don't do it, if I don't struggle a little (or a lot), it won't mean the same to me. That may sound funny. I want to get there but I want to earn it and if I struggle some, I think it will be more of a motivation to me to NEVER go back to where I was. It is not in my genes to be thin but I will be someday! We may not be 120 pounds and all toned and perfect, but we will be happier, healthier people; we just have to fight for it. I'm a fighter!!!!

Niecyrennee,

Thanks for your post... yes we are all in this together. Whatever we say on Nov. Bandsters is to help out...never, never is anything posted to hurt anyone...only to help. It is important to support, encourage, celebrate...but also we need to be honest. Sometimes we cannot see what we are doing with truthful eyes. or we are too hard on ourselves so we are here to help our friends move forward. :clap2: :clap2:

Oh by the way...I forgot to tell you all that I broke up with my S.O. yesterday. It was overdue... 5 years. Although I still love him, I could no longer be with someone who was spending too much time making me wrong, putting me down, making me feel like I could NEVER be good enough. He even criticized me for being obsessive about my weight loss...too much time counting calories, being on lapbandtalk too much, etc, etc. Overweight..BAD! Spending too much time trying to lose weight...BAD! so you see...I could never win...fat bad, thinner bad????;) Right now I feel I made the right decision, but I wonder hpow I will feel when I start to miss him and alot of this anger goes away...it was a bit over 5 years after all! I have been trying really hard to not do emotional eating...I hope to stay on track. thanks for listening! PArt of me feels ...:sick

Right now I feel I made the right decision, but I wonder hpow I will feel when I start to miss him and alot of this anger goes away...it was a bit over 5 years after all! I have been trying really hard to not do emotional eating...I hope to stay on track. thanks for listening! PArt of me feels ...:sick

Just remember by offer of "working out". :kiss2:

Getting out of a toxic relationship can be difficult but it can also be the best thing for you. My ex and I separated after almost 21 years of marriage but we're both much happier single. We were friends for 7 years before we married and are back to being friends again. That was NOT the case the last few years of the marriage.

BTW, another NSV for me. I decided my slacks were getting just too lose. (I always bought belts that had holes all the way around as I would fluctuate before banding.) Not only did I need a smaller size, I needed a pair *2* sizes smaller. They're a bit tight but since I have at last 25 pounds more to lose, I'd prefer a bit snug now. I'm now in my upper goal size so maybe I will get down to a 36 waist. (My goal was at least a 38. At my highest, I was in a 48. Last Christmas, I was in a 46 waist.) I may have to shoot for a bit lower weight as I don't think I'm going to be where I want to ultimately be in 25 pounds (that would put me at 225 - I'm 6'3"). We'll see. Now, to get motivated and hit the gym before I go to work today. It's only open a few hours on Saturday and will be closed when I get off so I have to go before if I want to get it in and I've only been once this week due to my work schedule and the hours its open.

Tom

Just remember by offer of "working out". :kiss2:

Getting out of a toxic relationship can be difficult but it can also be the best thing for you. My ex and I separated after almost 21 years of marriage but we're both much happier single. We were friends for 7 years before we married and are back to being friends again. That was NOT the case the last few years of the marriage.

BTW, another NSV for me. I decided my slacks were getting just too lose. (I always bought belts that had holes all the way around as I would fluctuate before banding.) Not only did I need a smaller size, I needed a pair *2* sizes smaller. They're a bit tight but since I have at last 25 pounds more to lose, I'd prefer a bit snug now. I'm now in my upper goal size so maybe I will get down to a 36 waist. (My goal was at least a 38. At my highest, I was in a 48. Last Christmas, I was in a 46 waist.) I may have to shoot for a bit lower weight as I don't think I'm going to be where I want to ultimately be in 25 pounds (that would put me at 225 - I'm 6'3"). We'll see. Now, to get motivated and hit the gym before I go to work today. It's only open a few hours on Saturday and will be closed when I get off so I have to go before if I want to get it in and I've only been once this week due to my work schedule and the hours its open.

Tom

Thanks Tom ;) oh and I remember the offer :rose: he he

Also congrats on your NSV!

Hey Angela--I wonder if your ex was getting insecure about your weight loss? That seems to happen a lot--they think that as long as we are overweight, we will not be noticed by anyone else, or start noticing other people. Like we should be thankful that they are with us because no one else ever would be. My DH has made several comments to be lately about me wanting to trade him in for a better model now that I am losing weight--which is rediculous, and I keep telling him that--but he has gotten very insecure--so much that he has started working out himself! But it sounds like you are better off without your ex, and maybe now, when the time is right you can find someone who will love you for who you are. Just hang in there and don't let your emotions drive you back to that place you don't ever want to go again! Good luck!

P.S. I do love this thread--you guys are great and give some excellent advice. And Tom--congrats on the new pants--I am in the same boat--nothing fits--yeah!