Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I'll have to look for that book. I haven't tried thai food.< /p>

Thanks Betsyjane. It melted off at first and now I am doing the work. Maybe a pound a week if I am lucky. I get my 2nd fill next Thursday and boy do I need it. No restriction. My doctor is only up this way once a month so I can only get them then. Makes me tempted to drive 5 hours to see him. lol.

What size band do you have? I have a 10cc with 1.33 I am hoping he will give me another 1cc atleast when I go in because of not feeling anything. I am going to be near his office the following week though, so if I don't feel anything I might just make an appointment to see him there.

food eaten in a day. Let's see.

Breakfast: a Protein Shake.

Lunch: either a lean cuisine, 1/2 sandwich, slice of pizza

2 chicken wings; something around that size.

Dinner: this varries. Usually about 1 cup - 1 1/2 cups

of something. I really try to be good but I feel

I need more restriction. a meat portion would

problably be about 2-4 oz....

Snack: 2 t or Peanut Butter or a Protein Bar.< /p>

I rarely eat Snacks.< /p>

So, in a nutshell I always feel I eat too much tho when I write it down, it doesn't seem like much. After this fill my doc said to eat 1/2 cup to a cup. I feel I eat more than that.

Marni-When did you get your band and how many fills have you had? Your menu looks kind of like mine but I try to stay away from bread because of the high carbs. I really need to get the other food groups in too (more vegies and fruit).

Due to frozen pipes, I didn't make it to work on Monday. I went to the fitness center last night and did my 2 sets of 12 on 5 different lower body weight machines. I did 15 minutes on the recumbant bike. (Was suppose to do 30 minutes but one must walk before they run. And if I did 30 minutes, I'm sure I wouldn't be walking! :faint: )

I also weighed myself. (There's a scale in the locker room.) Not believing it, when I left I stopped at the nurse's station and weighed again as that is the scale I had been using. Having too much fill and not eating for almost 4 days makes a HUGE impact on the amount of weight loss. I was down 12 pounds from the previous Monday at the doctor's office. In the past, the nurse's scale has been within a pound or two of the doctor's fancy digital scale.

Today is my 3 month annivesary from getting the band and I'm down 40 pounds! The "readjusted" second fill is doing it's job. I heat a bit over a cup of food and am full. I REALLY need to be more careful on the eating slow as I find myself often having stuck food and needing to bring it up to relieve the pain. Fortunately, I've always been able to puke on command (hey, we all need talents of some sort <G>) but it still is inconvenient when in public. I don't have a specific weight goal per se, but 225 was my and my doctor's range. I've got 25 pounds to go!!! Not sure I'll be in the size slack I want with just another 25 pounds so may have a bit more but I'm making progress.

Tom

Good Morning everyone! I am still struggling. I feel like I am working against this band. Why do I do this? I was down to 225 on my scales this weekend and now up to 229. I can't seem to find the place to stop eating, so I end up PBing at almost every meal. I wake up every morning and say that this is the day I am going to stop eating all this junk and then someone brings in homemade oatmeal Cookies to work or my husband decides to make nachos at 9 p.m. It is so hard for me to believe that this band is going to work...since nothing has work in the past. Some of you have lost 60 plus pounds and had your band after me. I'm jealous! I want your motivation and strength. I keep thinking of excuses to eat...it's the weather, it's my horomones..etc. Then I eat and the next thing you know I'm running down the hallway to the bathroom. Thanks for letting me vent...it helps me! Maybe today is the day?

Good Morning everyone! I am still struggling. I feel like I am working against this band. Why do I do this? I was down to 225 on my scales this weekend and now up to 229. I can't seem to find the place to stop eating, so I end up PBing at almost every meal. I wake up every morning and say that this is the day I am going to stop eating all this junk and then someone brings in homemade oatmeal Cookies to work or my husband decides to make nachos at 9 p.m. It is so hard for me to believe that this band is going to work...since nothing has work in the past. Some of you have lost 60 plus pounds and had your band after me. I'm jealous! I want your motivation and strength. I keep thinking of excuses to eat...it's the weather, it's my horomones..etc. Then I eat and the next thing you know I'm running down the hallway to the bathroom. Thanks for letting me vent...it helps me! Maybe today is the day?

Brooksie,

After all of your postings and your struggles I think I would like to suggest you go to Overeaters Anonymous meetings. That or maybe professional counseling... you need to deal with the psychological issues with food and what is behind your overeating. PB'ng is dangerous Brooksie...and uncomfortable and yet you continue to overeat as if you were not banded. You can have your band slip, your pouch can enlarge, you can get erosion and have to be disbanded.... if these are not incentive enough, then sweetie please get help. This is all said with love....:)

Due to frozen pipes, I didn't make it to work on Monday. I went to the fitness center last night and did my 2 sets of 12 on 5 different lower body weight machines. I did 15 minutes on the recumbant bike. (Was suppose to do 30 minutes but one must walk before they run. And if I did 30 minutes, I'm sure I wouldn't be walking! :faint: )

I also weighed myself. (There's a scale in the locker room.) Not believing it, when I left I stopped at the nurse's station and weighed again as that is the scale I had been using. Having too much fill and not eating for almost 4 days makes a HUGE impact on the amount of weight loss. I was down 12 pounds from the previous Monday at the doctor's office. In the past, the nurse's scale has been within a pound or two of the doctor's fancy digital scale.

Today is my 3 month annivesary from getting the band and I'm down 40 pounds! The "readjusted" second fill is doing it's job. I heat a bit over a cup of food and am full. I REALLY need to be more careful on the eating slow as I find myself often having stuck food and needing to bring it up to relieve the pain. Fortunately, I've always been able to puke on command (hey, we all need talents of some sort <G>) but it still is inconvenient when in public. I don't have a specific weight goal per se, but 225 was my and my doctor's range. I've got 25 pounds to go!!! Not sure I'll be in the size slack I want with just another 25 pounds so may have a bit more but I'm making progress.

Tom

Congratulations Tom!!! Awesome!!!!:clap2: :clap2:

It is also my 3 month anniversary...33 lbs without a fill!! I can't wait to get a fill soon...maybe I can catch up to you Tom :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dear PRBrooksie---I was at our support group meeting Monday, and a very wise person said not to compare your loss with anyone else's. I look at these posts, and I know it's true! I've gone through periods of weight gain, no weight loss and weight loss with the band, times when I needed a fill and times when I thought I might need less. Honestly, you'll just make yourself crazy if you try to parallel your weight loss with anyones. It's odd. Until a week ago, I was frustrated without adequate restriction. I was kicking myself for my lack of control and wondering if I wasted my money. Now that I have just the right restriction, the cravings and compulsions for food just stopped. I think they'll come back and I'll be dealing with issues again, but I've decided that all I can do is deal with today. And the first thing I ask myself is if I need a fill, since that worked so well once I got it restricted enough. Then I ask myself if I've planned and cooked my food so I dont' have to impulse eat. Have I rehearsed what to take with me when I travel in the car. Have I thrown out contraband. Have I exercised, gone to support group, etc. But for me, number one is the fill issue. I have been such a total failure at even controlling my eating for a single day in my life. I know I need the band to do it's job or mine just isn't possible to do at this stage. I too ate until I PBed at times because I didn't get that sense of being full...but it doesn't happen with my new restriction. If I let myself, I'd go crazy with envy of Angela, down 33 pounds without a fill. Instead, I'm committed (on my good days) to be happy for others, and then figure out what I need to do. My new motto is "There are no problems that are bigger than me." It's a matter of sticking with the problem solving in this complicated new journey we are on. My heart is with you.

Dear PRBrooksie---I was at our support group meeting Monday, and a very wise person said not to compare your loss with anyone else's. I look at these posts, and I know it's true! I've gone through periods of weight gain, no weight loss and weight loss with the band, times when I needed a fill and times when I thought I might need less. Honestly, you'll just make yourself crazy if you try to parallel your weight loss with anyones. It's odd. Until a week ago, I was frustrated without adequate restriction. I was kicking myself for my lack of control and wondering if I wasted my money. Now that I have just the right restriction, the cravings and compulsions for food just stopped. I think they'll come back and I'll be dealing with issues again, but I've decided that all I can do is deal with today. And the first thing I ask myself is if I need a fill, since that worked so well once I got it restricted enough. Then I ask myself if I've planned and cooked my food so I dont' have to impulse eat. Have I rehearsed what to take with me when I travel in the car. Have I thrown out contraband. Have I exercised, gone to support group, etc. But for me, number one is the fill issue. I have been such a total failure at even controlling my eating for a single day in my life. I know I need the band to do it's job or mine just isn't possible to do at this stage. I too ate until I PBed at times because I didn't get that sense of being full...but it doesn't happen with my new restriction. If I let myself, I'd go crazy with envy of Angela, down 33 pounds without a fill. Instead, I'm committed (on my good days) to be happy for others, and then figure out what I need to do. My new motto is "There are no problems that are bigger than me." It's a matter of sticking with the problem solving in this complicated new journey we are on. My heart is with you.

BetsyJane.... Nicely written...very nice in every respect and helpful. I ahve lost 33 without a fill, but not without a huge struggle... the band helps at times, but Ihave had to use willpower I did not know sstill worked...since it had not for so many years! When I get those cravings i will eat a bite or two and then I switch to semething low cal, low fat , low carb to satisfy the rest...example instead of a big piece of chocolate cake, i will have a bite or two and really taste it...if it is not enough then i eat a low carb bar with chocolate and high protein... I always carry one with me in my purse for emergencies. especially since I need a fill soon and get hungry alot more. Balance has a new 100cal low car Protein bar...yummy and within a good diet limit :)

I am so glad the fill has worked for you...great job!:clap2:

Marni-When did you get your band and how many fills have you had? Your menu looks kind of like mine but I try to stay away from bread because of the high carbs. I really need to get the other food groups in too (more vegies and fruit).

I was banded 11/29 and my only fill was on 1/25th. I feel a difference when swallowing some foods. I feel it. But i can still eat. I don't do heavy carbs either becuase i am diabetic. Diabetes has been doing great! I just think I should feel FULLER? What do you guys all mean when you say FULL? I feel no longer hungry but I certainly do not feel like, gosh I need to stop eating Im gonna bust or Im getting really full.