Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Good things....well, I did only eat half of my (small) lunch today. My mind wanted all of it but I listened to my body and it said no. Sometimes I'm not all that good at listening to my body; guess that's what got me in this shape. :phanvan

Anyway, I didn't get new pics taken last night but today I am wearing my new jeans so I'll have hubby take them when I get home. Hope the pictures look as good as I am wanting them to......The real good pics are a ways down the road but I will make it there eventually. :heh:

Here's some of my positive thoughts for the day:

I have been to the gym 12 out of the last 13 days!

Today I skipped going out to lunch (oh sooooo tempting!)and walked two miles instead, then came back and had an apple and cheese. That would of NEVER happened before!

I am set up to work with someone at the gym to learn free weights on Saturday. I have been gung ho on the elyptical and stairmaster, but need to start working on definition.

I am thrilled I did this and can't wait to see myself in a year!!! :)

Jill

Tom,

You are doing great on your weight loss. You might have had a plateau or two, but all in all you are doing awesome.

Do you have any pics of your pups? I love animals.

The doctor wasn't upset by the one pound in 3 weeks as it was 14 pounds in 6 weeks which averaging 2 pounds a week. He only expects 1 pound a week with the band so I'm exceeding his expectations. While I know this, it was still a bit disappointing but was thrilled with the 5 pounds the next week!

Here's a 3 year old picture of the 5 year old. Don't have one of the new puppy yet and have to find the one of the Corgi.

Tom

post-211702-13813134466625_thumb.jpg

CHALLENGE FOR NOVEMBER BANDSTERS!!!!!!!!

Everybody write one email here that says only everything you did right, small and big. Hesitating before taking that bite counts. Drinking Water counts. Telling yourself something encouraging counts. ONE COMPLETE EMAIL ABUT GOOD STUFF< NO MATTER HOW TINY.

We gotta get used to doing that anyway, and we're not naturally inclined to be positive about our eating, ladies. We've had too many failures...Let's teach ourselves to focus on good, at least some of the time.

BetsyJAne I think it is a wonderful idea!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

ok only good things .....Well lets see since it was christmas and all i was bad .....not as bad as i was last year that is for sure ...So that is a good thing .....Lets see ...I am drinking my Water and trying to eat my protine first and i just realized i NEED TO WORK OUT ....so that is my goal next week to get my booty in gear ,.....

Ok, here are my pics. The first set is the night before surgery and the others are last night; almost 2 months post-op. I see some difference but not as much as I would like. I do notice more changes in the side shots then the front shots. My hubby had to point some of my changes out to me. I can't wait until I am actually happy to see a picture of myself! Does anyone else have some progress pics they want to share? :)

post-213677-13813134762485_thumb.jpg post-215774-13813134762891_thumb.jpg

post-204296-13813134763079_thumb.jpg post-204296-13813134763552_thumb.jpg

post-208795-13813134466804_thumb.jpg

post-208795-13813134467053_thumb.jpg

post-208795-13813134467236_thumb.jpg

post-208795-13813134467384_thumb.jpg

Denise...I see it! Your stomach has gone down. Look at your chin too. You are smiling in last nights pictures too.

Good! I am so happy to hear that you can see it. In some weird way, that makes me feel better. I can't explain why but it does...maybe it is because I am so self-conscious; does that make sense? I am much happier now then I was 2 months ago!

Good! I am so happy to hear that you can see it. In some weird way, that makes me feel better. I can't explain why but it does...maybe it is because I am so self-conscious; does that make sense? I am much happier now then I was 2 months ago!

NO one has noticed my weight loss. It does bother me. I am very very self-conscious. I am hoping that when and if I loss 50 someone will notice.

prbrooksie! Get a new outfit!

I did...I bought 3 new pairs of pants in a size 20 because the 24 were falling off...still no one noticed.

I think when I get under what I have been bouncing back and forth with 30 pounds for the last 5 years someone will notice.

I am sitting here reading some other post on slippages and debanding..etc. Well...stupid me! It has been a concern of mine, but I am all freaked out now. If I have problems with this band I am going to be in deep trouble. My insurance will not pay for anything and I have no money left. Just call me paranoid! Why do these people have problems...what causes slippages and infections?

I was just thinking about diet pills this morning! hoodia actually. My big concern is that I always end up starving later and regain the weight.....

no one noticed from a 24 to a 20!!!! and that's a huge drop! Maybe you need new friends! That's such an amazing success!

Slippages and erosions scare me too. All I can figure is to stick as closely to the program as I can, know tha teveryone goofs up, and try to remember that the actual percentage of problems is amazingly small small small. I'm in the same position. I was self pay and the well is dry!